• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids no cross tolerance between pods and pst?

noone1

Bluelighter
I find using pods for a couple of days and then switching to pst that there is no tolerance. My pst tolerance goes down when I lay off it for a few days but use pods and vice versa.

Can anyone hazard a guess why this is so? I supposed it could be placebo but I've been going on months now on opiates and find my tolerance not to be very great for the amount I'm using.

to be clear I don't need increasing amounts I have been on the same consistent dose of both and find my tolerance not going up.

If I stop using completely I feel incredibly painful withdrawal, which I've never felt before (I really fucked up this time... but that is a matter for another thread)

there is probably a different cocktail of opium alkaloids in pst, especially once seeds have been washed or processed.
that is only a guess, but there are a lot of different actives in opium, and some of these may be removed by cleaning processes, but leaving others behind which are still getting you high.
the pods presumably have a broader range of opioids, which may be why you're getting nastier WDs.

i used to use both, and go through periods of switching between the two. i always found pods to be superior in effects, but there are a lot of variables in all cases.

That is my guess too but it seems odd that tolerance does not rise even with the different levels of opiates in each. "Proof" that pst is a thebaine high? I guess I'll never know unless I had everything analyzed in a lab.

Taking either does keep me from getting junk sick from the other however. Oddly I still prefer pst after having tried pods but I am very conservative with pods since I am afraid of OD.

Could be thebaine and/or a number of other opiate alkaloids, yeah.
From memory i think there are something in the region of 40 active alkaloids in opium - so my guess is as good as yours.
Do you find pst more stimulating?

For me personally I find all opiates have some cross tolerance, but pods and seeds are different beast all together, because of the combination of chems in the/ vendors. I'd first figure out if you are using from the same vendor, one may have stronger product then the other. I prefer pods, they are more stimulating for myself, but to be honest I've been getting more out of seeds lately then vicodin could deliver. Are you taking other meds? Perhaps you've reached a temporary state where you don't need more for yourself. For me kratom, tramadol both seem to have effects where I can stay on the same dose and get the same effect 90% of the time. Where as oxycodone, regardless of dose, sometimes it's the lightning/stimulating high that I live for and sometimes it's almost nothing. Oxy's are a total roll of the dice for me. and Vicodin always needs to be increased for myself. Everyones metabolism is different. Just count yourself lucky.

I don't find either stimulating unless I take a lot of each though the pst seems to scratch an "itch" the pods do not. The tea is from the same source and has not changed in years. The pods are from locally sourced areas in nature.

I have been easing up on the cough medicine and other potentiaters. Only "medication" I take regularly is alcohol. Also I've felt a lot better giving up caffeine completely, I believe the extreme panic attacks I've had when combining pst and cough medicine have been due to dangerous increase in blood pressure from eating poorly and getting older.

Ha ha going on a diatribe probably better suited for the dark side here but I remember romanticizing this stuff when I was younger. I might not be as bad as someone shooting up, stealing and fucking people over for a fix but this is almost worse in a way. Getting old, feeling like shit and death all the time. Disappointing others because I can't open up. Being bloated because of the opiates and booze despite almost not eating anymore I take a few bites of food and stop... what's the point? nothing seems to taste good anymore.

i hear you man. i feel so much healthier after cutting out my pst use.
fucked around with that shit for years, and and used to get sick really regularly, always had colds and flu, whereas now i have a pretty good resistance to illness.
it's a shitty cycle to get stuck in.
i was able to kick it with a rapid buprenorphine taper and negate a lot of the nasty acute withdrawal symptoms, which seem to be especially bad with full spectrum opioid brews.

it might be psychological - there's some sort of phenomena among drugs users, can't rememeber the name, but its to do with pre-fix rituals stuff like; cutting up the lines, drawing up or even waiting for your connect to come meet you all effects your brain.
it even affects you depending on whether or not you're in a new area or not. new environments can alter the effect the drug has on your body. its not quite a placebo but along those lines,,,

i hear you man. i feel so much healthier after cutting out my pst use.
fucked around with that shit for years, and and used to get sick really regularly, always had colds and flu, whereas now i have a pretty good resistance to illness.
it's a shitty cycle to get stuck in.
i was able to kick it with a rapid buprenorphine taper and negate a lot of the nasty acute withdrawal symptoms, which seem to be especially bad with full spectrum opioid brews.

I'm a really private person so going to the doctor would be a last resort, only if I ended up in the hospital from health effects or alcohol. I'm just not ready to quit tho. I love what it does for me in the moment.

it might be psychological - there's some sort of phenomena among drugs users, can't rememeber the name, but its to do with pre-fix rituals stuff like; cutting up the lines, drawing up or even waiting for your connect to come meet you all effects your brain.
it even affects you depending on whether or not you're in a new area or not. new environments can alter the effect the drug has on your body. its not quite a placebo but along those lines,,,

I don't know if this is the case for my tolerance but I've found this to be very true for environment whether I go for a walk or am falling asleep in front of my computer or go to the store and what have you definitely changes my buzz.