• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants NMDA antagonists for amphetamine tolerance (DXM/magnesium?)

Stimulated

Greenlighter
Looking for some opinions on the use of NMDA antagonists to help with amphetamine tolerance. I've seen some of the main threads on the matter, but I can't seem to find any information regarding dosages and when to dose.

Also have a few questions:

I have dextromethorphan polistirex (Delsym) and magnesium glycinate/lysinate chelate readily available to me. Would daily administration of these help with tolerance?

If so, what dosages are most effective, and what time of day should they be taken? I typically take 2-3 days off amphetamines each week, and my typical amphetamine dosage is ~30mg Adderall XR.

What are some other NMDA antagonists that are effective?

Use the search engine this topic has been covered extensively.

Chelated Magnesium works for me, 300mg / day, every day, regardless of drug intake.

Use the search engine this topic has been covered extensively.

Chelated Magnesium works for me, 300mg / day, every day, regardless of drug intake.

Any experience with DXM?

And I've tried to search around, but can't find anything on dosage/timing regarding DXM.

Thanks for the reply!

Yeah I tried all the NMDA antagonists and none produced anything noticeable, unlike Chelated Magnesium.

If you insist on trying dextromethorphan despite it being an incredibly weak NMDA antagonist to begin with, stay in the 15-30mg dose range.

Update: I've reduced my Adderall consumption to 3-4 days per week, and I've been taking 300mg of chelated magnesium before bed each night. I've also been taking 10ml (60mg) Delsym in the morning ~30 minutes prior to taking my Adderall. Both of these combined have seemed to help with my tolerance noticeably, but not to a huge extent. I plan to continue this regimen, in addition to taking more frequent breaks.

Hello - I wanted to follow up on this and see how that particular DXM Polistirex + Chelated Magnesium combo worked for you over time in terms of your tolerance to Adderall. Also, were there any side-effects from the regular DXM usage? Thanks very much in advance.

Update: I've reduced my Adderall consumption to 3-4 days per week, and I've been taking 300mg of chelated magnesium before bed each night. I've also been taking 10ml (60mg) Delsym in the morning ~30 minutes prior to taking my Adderall. Both of these combined have seemed to help with my tolerance noticeably, but not to a huge extent. I plan to continue this regimen, in addition to taking more frequent breaks.