• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Nicotine and nutmeg

thrash89

Greenlighter
Just wondering if there's an interaction between nutmeg and nicotine seeing as they're both maois, i've smoked a lot (probably like 10 or so and I was fine), will I be okay?

Nicotin and normally used Tobacco's MAO's inhibiting effects are negligible. You could do a search on Nutmeg to what extent it' s MAO inhibiting properties are of concern.

https://psychonautwiki.org/wiki/MAOI_inhibitors#cite_note-40

If you check their list you'll see MAOi's of concern are grouped with things like Black Pepper and Coffee. While these last two probably haven't caused any Tyramine reaction's in people. Their MAOi effects are Negligible. And what an arse of a spelled word is that. Lets hope that is the last time I use secundary resources on that one.

Last edited:
I think there's also a substantial difference between plain Nicotine, like that from an E-cig or NRT (nicotine replacement therapy like gum/ patch) vs Nicotine with tobacco as the medium. Isolated nicotine without the other constituents found in tobacco (harman, norharman, etc) is an entirely different animal, as nicotine dependence in those who've never used tobacco is rare.

Monoamine Oxidase Inhibition Dramatically Increases the Motivation to Self-Administer Nicotine in Rats -"Nicotine is the major neuroactive compound of tobacco, which has, by itself, weak reinforcing properties"

That said, I agree with emkee_r about tobacco not having enough inhibition to cause a serious issue. Otherwise MAOi antidepressants would have interactions worse than increased diffculty with smoking cessation.

thanks for the advice guys! Is it safe to combine nutmeg dxm and pregabalin together?

what about combining it with opiates? I heard it causes serotonin syndrome?

I would just stay the fuck away from nutmeg if I were you...

lolololol

Spoken by someone with experience I feel in that matter.
I can 2nd his comment, I would never touch that damn stuff again! You think 2C-E is bad? Welcome to the Nutmeg high kids.

Is it safe to combine nutmeg dxm and pregabalin together?

Nutmeg & DXM together??!!!?!!!!?!!!?!!?

Now that would be one trip report I would like to read, Jesus wept I am not sure if you are a troll, a nutcase or possible genius.