• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

nhl 07-08 season!

Bob Hartley, Atlanta Thrashers coach, fired

fuck waddell, his ass is the one that needs to go!

Hartley shown the door after franchise-worst start

Updated: October 17, 2007, 12:44 PM ET

After losing yet another game, a 4-0 shutout to the Flyers no less, Thrashers GM Don Waddell has apparently had enough.

Atlanta has fired coach Bob Hartley as the Thrashers are in the midst of their worst start in franchise history (0-6-0). GM Don Waddell will take over behind the bench until a replacement is found.

Assistant coach Brad McCrimmon, not Hartley, was running the team's practice Wednesday morning, fueling more speculation that the bench boss was in danger of losing his job.

Thrashers GM Don Waddell told ESPN.com's Scott Burnside before Atlanta's game vs. New Jersey on Saturday that no coaching changes were imminent and that the organization was not panicking. But after a lackluster showing against Philadelphia on Tuesday night, Waddell apparently changed his mind.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=3067372&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

The start of the season is always interesting.. i love it!

How about that buffalo and toronto game the other night, what a fuckin disapointment, its such bullshit that the leafs are letting raycroft stand on his head like that. it should be the Toronto Andrew Raycroft

^ thats the same way it was last year with the leafs. they dont give him shit for support.

Have 4 great season seats for the Atlanta Thrashers. There are always a few games we don't have 4 or some we can't make. Could arrange a meetup or maybe an occasional trade...

October 30th, check out the Flames v.s. Nashville game, Im going to be there! GO flames go!

I'm hoping the Caps can get their shit together this year. Signing Nylander was a god send. Backstrom is looking good so far, and now Semin is healthy again, I think we finally have a shot to actually make the playoffs

going to the game tonight vs Canucks. Should be a good one....

^ yeah, the caps arent lookin too bad so far this year. kolzig's having a good start!

the jackets are lookin good right now too, 5-3-1 with pascal leclaire recording his 4th shutout on the season last night against the blues. he's on a tear right now and i hope it keeps up! nash is starting to get full confidence in his game with a beauty of a goal last night and novotny has really been a contribution on this team. their physical play has stepped up significantly from the previous years and they're showing that they're not a team to be taken lightly. even zherdev, who in the past has been (rightfully) accused of not bringin his A game on several occasions is playing real well. his point production is ok (a little low on goals though), but his two way play has been remarkable. he got his defensive game going last season when hitchcock showed up, but he picked up right where he left off this season so thats a good sign. he's been a work horse and soon enough he'll get his rewards!

Hey ryanlaughlin

pascal leclaire used to play in the QMJHL with the hometeam from which im from back in the 1998 to 2002 seasons. It was the halifax mooseheads, who a close friend of mine plays for right now this year, and hes also a anahiem ducks prospect.

just throwin that out there

Thrashers continue their downward spiral... No O, no D and Bernier, while talented, is not ready for the show. Glad I am first and foremost a Pens fan. They look like the slow start might be an anomaly.

O rly? Lookie at the thread I found here :) How about them Pens.....and the team in orange and black that stuck it to em 3-1 tonight.

In my fantasy league, drafted Mike Richards 16th round. He is gonna be a sick player. Do yourself a favor and search youtube for "Mike Richards fights." He's sick tough for his size, classy, can skate real well, good with the puck, good shot. He's 22 and gonna wear the C in 2 years.

My prediction, in 3 years, the line of Richards Gagne and Upshall (if we can keep him) will be the top scoring line in hockey. Problem is that we have all this young good talent, but we are faced with the cap. I don't know how you can afford to keep Lupul, Richards, Carter,....and there are a bunch more. It's a double edged sword, especially when they make a deep run for the cup ;)

Lets Go Flyers!!

i've got kimmo timonen on my team... and he picked me up about a handful of points last night, including one power play goal.

the jackets and nashville had a go at it last night. lots of chippy moments in the game, but not much ever really developed from it. it was a pretty physical game though, but both teams looked pretty awkward. i would liken it to a group of midgets at a funhouse. it just wasnt pretty. the jackets went down 3-1 early in the 3rd period, then had a late surge scoring two goals in under two minutes to tie it up. they didnt end up getting the win (lost in the shootout as adam foote panged the post), but for the jackets to have even come back to get one point... i couldnt have been happier. they looked sloppier than cum rag at a gang rape. then again, nashville didnt look much better.

besides that... the ice in nashville is hella shitty, the puck looked more like a bouncing ball than a damn puck!

I got Timonen, Richards, and Briere. 4, 3 and 3 points. I want to see highlights of the Kings Stars game. LA came back with 5 goals in 5 minutes with 8:00 left in the 3rd. Must have been a sick finish.

I also got Staal and Stillman. I have 4 players in the top 24 in points.

Last edited:
if you go here open the video portal, then click on the tab that says game highlights scroll down to that game and click the play button.

i didnt get to see that game, but it had too be an awesome environment to be in.

Anyone hear anything about Niedermayer and Selanne coming back? I just checked out some Ducks forums and it sounds like they probably will. Niedermayer has been skating around for weeks in Anaheim. Apparently if Scott returns there is a good chance Teemu will follow. There are some insiders who can't say much except they think "there is a really good chance" of both coming back. I'm thinking about snatching them both up in my fantasy league and rolling the dice. Shoot, I'll get rid of Devin Setoguchi and Paul Ranger no problem. I think I also gotta drop Dany Sabourin too to make it go thru.

Im here watchin the leafs and pens game. Im wondering why the leafs are home but wearing away jerseys and the pens are wearing home jersey?

hey sticky... ive heard scotty's aiming to be playin sometime this month, teemu i havent heard anything about though. if i were you though, i'd hold on to paul ranger... setoguchi you could spare.

I've been the commish of my league for the past 4-5 years. We play different rules. No PIM, yes faceoffs, and for goalies W GAA SV SHO. It's head-to-head. One team does not carry any D men at all. We go 2 lines 2C 2LW 2RW 4D. I carry 3 D. I'm real thin on RW. If teemu does not come back I gotta pick up Radim Vrbata or Jamie Langenbrunner. There's not much left out there.

I'm trying to trade Slave Kozlov for Afinagenov. Both have horrid starts. I'd be pissed tho if Kozlov starts playing with Hossa and Kovalchuk.

yeah, hossa and kovalchuk are gonna make shit happen soon enough.

i almost dropped robert lang, but with the return of martin havlat that first line for chicago is gonna tear shit apart. then to think they've got kane and toews on a line... chicago is JUST about to open a can on everyone's ass, i have a good feeling about it. their offensive flurry is just starting.