Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: Three charged over $100m bust - 22nd Oct

alexkid

Bluelighter
[NEWS] Three charged over $100m bust, 22nd Oct

0,3600,390191,00.jpg

THREE men have been charged after $100 million worth of drugs were found inside hollowed-out candles in a ship from China.

A haul of 125kg of crystalline methylamphetamine, or ice, was the second largest seizure of the drug to be made in Australia, the Australian Federal Police said today.

taken from: news.com.au/full story

Is it reeeeally cyrstal meth? Looks like PMA to me;)

nb. guess its all good news for my body weight

Last edited:
Re: NEWS: Three charged over $100m bust [22nd Oct]

alexkid said:
"This latest seizure of 125kg of ice is another great outcome for the Australian community," Mr Collins said.
Well now I get to buy dirty 'bathtub crank' instead.... god dammit.
As regularaly stated, lowering supply doesn't stop demand... just more low quality 'shit' gets thrown into the community. :(

But I will admit, crystal meth is the devil's drug.... I want some :(

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

*cwies*

Wow, that's alotta good Ice/Meth getting flushed down the drain/onto the streets (by corruptos). They surely could throw some this way.

Nah, but... to be honest. I think it's a good thing, these big seizures like this. I'd like to see Australia's illicit drug importations/exports to be reduced to say... what New Zealand's level is.
Even though big seizures like this are not going to stop those wanting to use, actually using. But, it will definately make huge "waves" of shitty drugs less frequent... I thought we were going to have a pretty bad "Ice-Epidemic" some time last year, at once stage.

But, thankfully... there appears to have been a slight "drought" on the streets. And... to me, that's a good thing.
As for the smack... well, I know that is an extremely organised business high-up in the chain and the "Big-Boys" in the Heroin industry, very seldom get caught or punished.
There will always be "too much" smack on Australia's streets for my liking.

I totally applaud the effort put into big international/interpol projects like this. Those officers involved in the "task-force" must be pretty friggen proud to have cut-off a relatively big supply of the Meth.

But... unfortunately, even big seizures like this... really don't add a dent in Methamphetamine's circulation. Well, not completely anyways. But, the more of these busts happen, the less the huge drug syndicates will consider Austrlia as a "safe-zone" for their in-coming shipments for the future.

that's a huge amount, but I doubt it's gonna make an impact on the availability of the stuff here...

I don't think it will affect much at all. You don't lay around with 100 kg for long. This sort of shipment probably occures very regularly.
There was a time I would have mourned all that meth, but now I realise I could still go out and buy some if I wanted it. I sure feel sorry for the 3 "employees" that had to go down to the Storage Shed though....... ( it seems to have paid off for the real importers doesn't it)

New Zealand customs estimate they intercept/stop 20% of imported drugs ................ I dont see why this 1 in 5 seizure rate would be something the Aussie customes should aim at.

As long as theres 1000's of % markups on these manky substances then people ( especially from poorer countries ) will always try and smuggle them........... even with death penaltys.

You've heard of the phrase farting against thunder ?, Its all quite pathetic really.

If anyone has a copy of the channel 9 ACA story on Crystal Meth, id like a copy please.

another case of stupidity meets reality.
from what i know meth can be produced locally, then why not make it here.
it will be much cheaper there, but its bit ridiculous.

so far i have never met a guy who sells meth.
it must be a bit rare in melbourne.
although i did try it once.

Virtua_Trancer: meth certainly isn't rare in Sydney and from what I've heard it isn't in Melbourne either.. all comes down to who you know I guess.

i have a lot of friends in the scene, and only one of them brought Meth and that was from the country.

although i never asked. but i defnitely dont doubt that there is a lack of meth in melbourne.

This is turning into an availability discusion, anything is available anywere if you know the right people. Melbourne is and has been overflowing with meth for over 1.5 to 2 years now. This bust will probably not effect that at all.
If it does someone else will see the opertunity and fill the void very soon

To make a lot meth-amphetamine, you need a factory style setup. It is possible to make ALL precursors from OTC products and plant matter. However, its not something you can really hide that easily.

Particularly in buying glass equipment. Most of these things are carefully regulated. I don't like regulation... But then again, I don't like meth-amphetamine.

What I want to know is how the cops actually find out whats going on. Do they have people on the inside working for weeks/months? Do they just get lucky?

killarava2day said:
Fuckin' cops... :X

Fuckin ice heads.......

not intended towards you........ but the shit is dirty, i've seen nothing but negative effects from it and a bust makes me happy.

Fuck these cheap bastards making money off other peoples dirty ass addictions. I've never seen a responsible ice user..... its seems to be all or nothing. There is one thing dealing to a few mates....... but they took a risk and they will suffer the consequences.

Fact is it this drug sends people into a downward spiral faster than so many drugs.

Would i rather ppl be doing crappy speed instead?
yes actually...... one it's not as strong/addictive... two maybe they'll get the fuck over it or cut down their usage.

Although i think all speed sucks so i'm bias.

:p

^lol, well said. You couldn't have been even more clearer man.
You do sound biased in your opinion towards Meth, but that's because... I'm aussiming you've had a bad "stint" with it before yourself. You have every right to have this attitude towards the drug I guess.

It's true when people say that the abuse of some drugs (Heroin notably) can have an effect on the user and how young they look (actually, quite common to have an "opposite aging-effect" on the outside).

But, with Meth... that shit appears to age people dramatically. What would be 2 years of constant Meth abuse ( I mean... something like an addiction, doing it regularly...), could turn out to add +5-7 years to your physical appearance and health. No shit, I have seen it really have an effect on some of the really PRETTIER girls from school. And... I must say, to look at them now, there skin is all crusty, they don't "hold" themselves well, their personality has rotted into nothingness and basically just a scrambled mess.
I'm sure there would be a few cases where Methamphetamine abuse doesn't age the individual as dramatically, but... I would have to say, that would be extremely rare.

I genuinely feel sad when i hear bout this stuff, while it might not make a difference to being able get any of the drug it seems to me a shipment this big could drop the street price, as they say it is 1.25 millions points of the stuff! It could be a co-incidence or profiteering but after last years massive bust the price seemed to shoot up.

Deformed_Neuron said:
^ And... I must say, to look at them now, there skin is all crusty, they don't "hold" themselves well, their personality has rotted into nothingness and basically just a scrambled mess.
I'm sure there would be a few cases where Methamphetamine abuse doesn't age the individual as dramatically, but... I would have to say, that would be extremely rare.

A lot of herion addicts aren't exactly a picture of physical perfection but its less about physiological effects of the drug than the nature of their addiction to it at the expense of everything else in their life. I was a heavy meth user for about 6 months and only really my hair, which i didnt bother to take care of, suffered i kept a pretty healthy lifestyle otherwise and escaped with few side effects.

[Edit: Price discussion removed. BigTrancer]

Last edited by a moderator:
^I'm not going to question YOUR personal health here, as I don't know you.
I'm only going by the people I know. Plus, I'm not talking about 6 months of abuse, I'm more-so just talking about "full-on" abuse, along the lines of... hm... maybe 2-3 years?

Heroin depresses the Central Nervous System. It does not "over-stimulate" the brain, heart, etc... I would personally much prefer to be ingesting/smoking/insufflating a substance that "slows" down your body, than "over-rides" it.

Also, I thought I'd throw in the fact that Heroin has not been proven to be neurotoxic as of yet. Amphetamine/Methamphetamine is an extremely neurotoxic substance. Some daily users have reported to have trouble tying their shoe-lacers (probably worst-case scenarios), etc... that's how bad it has affected them.

Most of the Heroin addicts you see on the street. Of course they're not going to look healthy... basically because of their whole choice of lifestyle. Some habits also demand alot of ca$h to support... so of course alot of addicts will revert to stealing/fighting, etc... in order to obtain more.

All of that out of the way though... almost all of the Heroin users I know... don't even look like your stereotype, quite the oppposite, actually...

Dj ScAtTeRfAcE said:
Fuckin ice heads.......

not intended towards you........ but the shit is dirty, i've seen nothing but negative effects from it and a bust makes me happy.

Fuck these cheap bastards making money off other peoples dirty ass addictions. I've never seen a responsible ice user..... its seems to be all or nothing. There is one thing dealing to a few mates....... but they took a risk and they will suffer the consequences.

Fact is it this drug sends people into a downward spiral faster than so many drugs.

Would i rather ppl be doing crappy speed instead?
yes actually...... one it's not as strong/addictive... two maybe they'll get the fuck over it or cut down their usage.

Although i think all speed sucks so i'm bias.

:p

You are an idiot.