• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: The Age - 26/02/2006 'Dance party arrests top 60'

dabb said:
^ Yeah the cops have concentrated on the other event and left TT alone in the past, besides which the last medium sized party in the city and the last big party in homebush i attended the sniffer dogs have been absent so maybe the cops are over hassling ravers (yeah right).

How did the cops get so many people though the sniffer dogs have been used for years in Sydney and i don't think the cops have ever got any where near as many arrests at the tone event, are people in Melbourne just no used to taking precautions?

I personally didn't see any dogs on my way into TT or any police officers at the actual event for that matter, but someone I had talked to during the night had said they were walking the dogs up and down the lines sniffing everyone at about 10.30.

In regards to taking precautions against sniffer dogs, I was of the belief that there really isn't anything you can do to mask the smell of drugs. I can't remember where I heard this, it might have been on a TV doco or something. But I've heard pepper, coffee etc doesn't do shit.

If anyone has some descent evidence that proves otherwise I'd love to hear it because whenever I attend events I just take my chances that I wont see any dogs.

I took my digi cam with me to TT on the weekend and have photos of the dog itself and its handlers, also i took photos of people being sniffed and being lead away for a search.

I took photos of police in the event and almost got my camera smashed by one officer, it was funny cos i snapped him talking to two female officers and they just laughed at the situation but he charged at me and grabbed me. I have a photo of him charging at me.

I had a friend who was working doing cleanup at TT and he ended up coming home with about $500 worth of ditched stuff. He felt it was a good nights work!!

MaXaM said:
I took my digi cam with me to TT on the weekend and have photos of the dog itself and its handlers, also i took photos of people being sniffed and being lead away for a search.

I took photos of police in the event and almost got my camera smashed by one officer, it was funny cos i snapped him talking to two female officers and they just laughed at the situation but he charged at me and grabbed me. I have a photo of him charging at me.

Can we see these pics anywhere Max? :)

Although I don't agree with having drug sniffer dogs at events I do think the drug driving detection bus is a good idea, provided it is catching people who have dosed within the past few hours. I shudder to think about the states in which some irresponsible people drive home from these sorts of events.

Are dogs really that good,

I cant see how a dog could smell anything if you had it wrapped in about 6 small plastic fridge bag things all in a small baggie jamed into a condom with a knot tied at the end.

Morissey said:
Are dogs really that good,

I cant see how a dog could smell anything if you had it wrapped in about 6 small plastic fridge bag things all in a small baggie jamed into a condom with a knot tied at the end.

i remember reading that one certain type of dog (maybe a blood hound?) sense of smell is around 1 million times stronger/sensitive than a humans. they would be able to smell anything through what you just mentioned..

does anyone know if......

a) the dogs are trained to smell amphetamine by-products (as the pure drugs have no smell)?

b) they are just trained to smell cannibis?

c) they are trained to smell both?

d) anybody that got positively IDed as holding by a dog at TT were holding amphetamines?

I'd be very interested to know

a) yes
b) yes - some dogs are trained to just detect cannabis
c) maybe
d)n/a

smokin' joe said:
thanx..... anybody know the answer to D?

I heard of a few second hand stories from TT of people being caught with only a pill, or a bit of speed, but what you can't account for is that those people could have been around others who were smoking marijuana earlier in the day.

Don't know if you've seen these stats:
Sniffer Dogs - What they actually find! (from Sydney)

To answer D, I was in a large group of about 40 people and I know of 5 people inside our group that were searched. The dogs found cannabis and MDMA pills, but quite a lot of pills contain meth/amphetamine so who is to know what they are trained to smell specifically?

BigTrancer (in linked thread) said:
It's also likely that in almost every case where 'other' drugs were found, the telltale drug that led the dog to the person was cannabis. IMHO. The dog smells weed, so the police can then search the person and find whatever they have.

BigTrancer :)

I reckon this would usually be the case.

+ can the police do cavity searches if they find nothing on the person?

mmm i went to two tribes in brisbane and there was heaps of cops about but no sniffers. a few of my friends were pretty paranoid cos they heard about what happened in melbourne. oh well, live to drop another day!!!