• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

News: Synthetic drugs banned ahead of schoolies

Mr Lucas said anyone caught selling them now risked between 15 and 20 years in jail.

What the fuck?!??!?!?!?!?! - For something that has only just been made illegal and many people won't know.
WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF?!

I hate legal highs... but this penalty is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy off base, that rivals dealing or manufactioring commercial quantity's of Illicit drugs if I'm not mistaken.

Actually aMT is scheduled here in Australia. Haven't heard it sucks that much, I am yet to try it. Have heard a lot of good reports besides the nausea

aMT itself is not specifically listed. Though, seeing as it's 5-MeO and N,N-dimethyl and N,N-diethyl cousins are it is probably considered an analogue. As everything seems to be here. :\

I was told that it was.

Maybe I got that from erowid, it says it is an unconfirmed schedule 8.

^ I've got your email... if I remember tomorrow morning I'll send you a copy of the latest SUSMP so you can have a look for yourself.

ETA: I may not be sure which email is yours.

ETA II - Electric Boogaloo: Erowid does not fact check the information they receive about the legal status of substances in different countries as far as I am aware. They are fairly accurate when it comes to US law, but for other nations it is hit and miss.

OK gotta crash now.

Police warn of the dangers of synthetic drugs

State Crime Operations Command State Drug Investigation Unit Detective Superintendent Steve Holahan has issued a warning of the dangers of taking synthetic drugs masked as herbal products.

Last Friday 19 new chemicals were listed in schedule 2 of the Drugs Misuse Regulation 1987, essentially banning products marketed as legal alternatives to cannabis.

Synthetic drugs aimed to mimic cannabis are generally bought over the internet or from alternative retail stores throughout Queensland.

“The plant material is sprayed with a synthetic chemical or the chemical is infused into the plant matter. The dangers of taking these products are real, essentially if you take these products you are taking a poison which has had instances of abusers presenting to hospital in response to an unknown drug,” Detective Superintendent Holahan said.

Although often bandied about loosely as “legal highs” these highly toxic drugs are not legal and have been known to have serious short and long term health effects including loss of consciousness, seizures, increased blood pressure and vomiting.

“This comes as a timely reminder to school-leavers across the state. You don’t get a list of ingredients with these products. The seller may willingly give you a list of what the product does not contain, but not the dangerous, illegal chemicals it includes; at times the seller may not even know who made the drugs or how it has been manufactured. By taking these drugs you are playing a very dangerous game,” Detective Superintendent Holahan said.

Any person caught in possession of or selling these illegal substances will face prosecution for serious criminal offences.​

here

State Crime Operations Command State Drug Investigation Unit Detective Superintendent Steve Holahan has issued a warning of the dangers of taking synthetic drugs masked as herbal products [SNIP]

"... you are taking a poison which has had instances of abusers presenting to hospital in response to an unknown drug,” Detective Superintendent Holahan said.

...[these drugs] have been known to have serious short and long term health effects including loss of consciousness, seizures, increased blood pressure and vomiting" [SNIP]

Did Inspector Clouseau completely miss the fact that these 'serious health risks' PRECISELY mimic the consequences of drinking a slab? Also, his officers would have a LOT LESS grief if all they had to deal with at Schoolies was a few kids ODing on Kronic!

But no, we'll continue to witness drunken stabbings, falls, brawls, rapes, fatal stacks, and the usual fun 'legal high' life-affirming shenanigans.

When will these geniuses 'get' it?

Einstien of Scotland Yard goes on:
“This comes as a timely reminder to school-leavers across the state. You don’t get a list of ingredients with these products"

Quite, Inspector, mainly because the doofuses in Canberra made them illegal, thus creating a problem that could be easily solved by testing legalising taxing and harm control.

^ Make this man Chief of Police. Now.

Thanks Mr. Blonde, but I'll settle for head of the drug squad.

Naturally, all seized contraband would be personally tested by myself, with the aid of a few hand picked buxom trainee constables 8(8(=D

This was originally posted by poledriver in the news thread.

Great to see the authorities busting out the old crushed glass line. We haven't had that for a few years now.

Synthetic drugs seized ahead of schoolies

Police have raided businesses across Brisbane and the Gold Coast, seizing synthetic drugs they say were destined for schoolies celebrations.

Today's raids uncovered 1.8 kilograms of synthetic cannabis and 172 synthetic ecstasy and cocaine pills.

Across the state in the past six weeks, authorities have seized about 100 kilograms of synthetic drugs.

The drugs are designed to mimic the effects of the real substances but police say they could be more dangerous.

"The hundred kilograms of product that we have seized, the majority of those seizures have got illicit compounds or illicit substances and do come within the definition of a dangerous drug under the Drugs Misuse Act," Detective Superintendent Steve Holahan said.

"We'll be looking at launching prosecutions in relation to those previous seizures.

"The seizures today - obviously we need to get our forensic chemists to analyse them."

Detective Superintendent Holahan says the substances are often called "legal highs" or "fake weed", but they are not legal and could cause serious health problems.

"Anything that you don't know what it contains, should sound alarm bells straight away," he said.

"They've contained pesticides, crushed glass - extremely dangerous for human consumption.

"I really can't emphasise enough, don't ingest something that you don't know what it contains.

"People need to understand they're taking a very real risk both for their personal health and also leaving themselves open to serious prosecution for criminal offences."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-11-17/queensland-police-seize-synthetic-drugs-ahead-of-schoolies/3677906

^ Crushed glass... what the fuck. What is that even supposed to do? Prick your fingers if you handle the herb?

Another line they love to pull is 'weed laced with amphetamine'. I saw that on an episode of RBT. The guy admitted he had smoked marijuana the night before, and tested positive for that and amphetamines. So they take him in to the truck and the cop there gives him the spiel about how cannabis these days is laced with all sorts of things, not like back in the old days you know, they re test him and... no amphetamine present. 8)

Thanks Mr. Blonde, but I'll settle for head of the drug squad.

Naturally, all seized contraband would be personally tested by myself, with the aid of a few hand picked buxom trainee constables 8(8(=D

Did I mention that I have a MD in testing confiscated illicit substances? Resume will be on your desk soon, chief. ;)

^ Crushed glass... what the fuck. What is that even supposed to do? Prick your fingers if you handle the herb?

It refers to powders. It is supposed to cut your nasal lining letting the drug enter your blood stream faster.

^ He didn't mention powders though, and the bit right before that led me to believe that he was talking about the synthetic cannabinoid mixes.

But it would make sense if he just didn't word it properly and was referring to that particularly stupid myth.

Mixing powders with crushed glass would surely expand your customer base though, err, wouldn't it? :\

^ He didn't mention powders though, and the bit right before that led me to believe that he was talking about the synthetic cannabinoid mixes.

But it would make sense if he just didn't word it properly and was referring to that particularly stupid myth.

I formed that impression after reading this line:

Today's raids uncovered 1.8 kilograms of synthetic cannabis and 172 synthetic ecstasy and cocaine pills.

A BIG THANK YOU to Police for their efforts on seizing so many dangerous herbal products. Really happy about it. Dont really want to Jinx it but i havnt seen or heard of any piperazine pills for example floating around. The more they get these substances off the street the more Molly and alike will be available. So again thank you :D

Ps: Why on earth would someone add crushed glass to anything? Im sure there are heaps of other things that can add weight to particular substances not to mention ruining there own business and not getting returning happy customers and they might even risk being beaten up for selling crap stuff. The problem with so many journalists / LE's is that they just gather a bunch of information from all different sources and put them together and they come up with something completely new.

/QUOTE]

It's true in the UK that dealers have used spherical glass powder on buds to make them look more potent. [crystalised resin] .
The drug cop that was being interviewed was talking about the danger of the glass particles being superheated and burning holes in the alveoli of your lungs destroying them eventually. I would guess you could also get silicosis also.

[not that i know if any of that is really true]

A lot of my mates have just headed of to the gold coast and other places for schoolies, non of them know about this new law.
I assume the 60min special had a big impact.
I tried telling them that there's going to be cameras set up along the gold coast, and lots of drug dogs, so they'll watch out.

This is a really fucking stupid law... Did this come from no where? or did we have a warning?

And also on the crushed glass, or "grit weed" is often usde to make the weed weight more (it really does add up) and makes it look much more potent.

Whilst living in Europe I have encountered buds sprayed with quartz sand (very fine ), also have seen them being sprayed with sugary water / sprite and the list goes on. Its pretty annoying but once u find a reliable source then u dont need to worry bout that sort of stuff. Almost everything is cut these days :S

^ As far as I'm aware the vast majority of all spray-on dilution materials for cannabis were super-fine particles of glass/silica like the kind used as a reflective coating on tar roads. Huge commercial quantities of this otherwise low-strength bud were tainted and distributed all throughout Western Europe and beyond - particularly in the British isles.