Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: Sunshine Coast Daily - 28/08/09 'Three treated for party drug overdose'

lil angel15

Bluelight Crew

Three treated for party drug overdose
9:11a.m. 28th August 2009
By Anne-Louise Brown

Three people were rushed to the Nambour Hospital on Thursday night, suspected to have overdosed on the party drug “fantasy” at a Sunshine Coast bar.

When paramedics arrived at the Blue Bar on Alexandra Parade they found two men aged 25 and 41, and a 21-year-old woman unconscious.

They were treated at Nambour Hospital and later released.

Police have charged a 23-year-old man in relation to the incident.

He was refused bail and will appear in the Maroochydore Magistrates Court charged with possession and supply of a dangerous drug.

Fantasy, also known a “grievous bodily harm”, was a factor in the cruise ship death of 42-year-old Brisbane woman Diane Brimble in 2002.

In March this year, a 26-year-old man died as a result of a fantasy overdose at Kangaroo Point in Brisbane.

Sunshine Coast Daily

The three G outs isn't the interesting part of this article, rather, the death associated with G from earlier in the year. I can't actually remember this being reported. :\

GHB/GBL

Why the fuck the media concocts these ridiculous names for drugs is beyond me, just call it 'G' or 'Juice'

GHB/GBL

Why the fuck the media concocts these ridiculous names for drugs is beyond me, just call it 'G' or 'Juice'

It's not the media that concocts the names though. It's the users themselves that pass it off under these names.

They just do it because it sounds more seedy and shit for them to call drugs by stupid slang terms. If they start giving scientific names for drugs its taking away from the tone of their article a little.

Wonder if G use is on the rise in QLD? Maybe one day there will be as many blow outs at events up there as there are down here in Melbourne, which seems to be the only state with heavy G use right now.

Fanta and Franky are very common names for the drug here on the gold coast.

Heavan forbid the day comes when my kids ask me for some fanta and don't mean the sweet orange shit that is produced in 500 ml bottles

...Melbourne, which seems to be the only state with heavy G use right now.

i know sfa about the melb scene so can't compare but SA hasn't been shy over the last 10years with maintaining those polished car rims

Man refused bail after party drug overdoses

Published 9:11a.m. 28th August 2009

| By Rae Wilson

Updated 12:26p.m. 28th August 2009

A 23-year old Sunshine Coast man has been refused bail after three people collapsed and were rushed to hospital due to apparent drug overdoses on Thursday night.

Magistrate Barry Barrett refused an application for bail by Isaac William Milne who was already bailed on similar charges.

Police prosecutor Paula Murphy said it was alleged Mr Milne supplied the drugs to three people at the Blue Bar at Alexandra Headland and they later collapsed.

They were being treated at Nambour General Hospital, she said.

However, Mr Milne's barrister, Steve Courtney, said his client denied the allegations.

http://www.thedaily.com.au/news/2009/aug/28/three-treated-party-drug-overdose/

The silly boy was on bail for drug related offences. The last thing i would be doing is going near drugs.

Can he be charged with harming the three that collapsed?

The three G outs isn't the interesting part of this article, rather, the death associated with G from earlier in the year. I can't actually remember this being reported.

I thought there was a g related death at an event earlier this year, but we never saw mention of it in the papers and the medics couldn't confirm it.

^^ At kangaroo point too of all places? Not the first Brisbane location that would spring to mind for a g overdose o_O*

I would have thought this would have been plastered throughout the papers given the courier mail's obsessive drug scourge campaign!

Another 3 G blowouts. All i can say is u got what was coming to ya. That shit should be long banned, i hate it so much. Not so much the effects but the drug itself and what it can cause.

It is banned.

I see the start of the medias "G epidemic". Now that music festivals arnt going to Melbourn because of G overdoses I see a sweet media storm coming. However they need a nice name for it first.

To be honest I dont like the idea of G being on the streets either, despite it being nice its therapeutic index is a little low.

It is banned.

I see the start of the medias "G epidemic". Now that music festivals arnt going to Melbourn because of G overdoses I see a sweet media storm coming. However they need a nice name for it first.

To be honest I dont like the idea of G being on the streets either, despite it being nice its therapeutic index is a little low.

Its not banned in Europe. If it were along with piperazines in China then we wouldnt have a problem. Im talking about a worldwide ban. Not that hard to get sum GBL from overseas.

GHB/GBL

I've heard it being called fanta/fantasy heaps man. I always correct them though, because that name is just too gay for my liking. G all the way.

Another 3 G blowouts. All i can say is u got what was coming to ya. That shit should be long banned, i hate it so much. Not so much the effects but the drug itself and what it can cause.

G always treated me nicely, maybe it's the idiot users fault bro?