• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: News.com.au - 27/04/08 'Todd McKenney found unconscious after drug overdose'

hoptis said:
Normally that sort of comment would be edited but in this instance, it's far too funny to remove.

I never thought i'd see such a post from admin...

He's also openly gay so wouldn't it be the boy he wanted to root?

This entire thread is classic!

Poor old Todd's really dug his own grave on this one.

Might end up having to sell his ass for G soon enough and at the prices stated above (which i personally think are bullshit) he'd have to work damn hard hahahaha

Yeah I don't know if Sydney has insanely inflated GHB prices, but you'd seriously pay a fraction of that in SA. Of course I know it's far more expensive in melb, so it may be more expensive still in sydney? I dunno.

Before he collapsed, he was seen head-butting a fence.
WTF, I wish juice had the same effect on me.. sorta. I can just picture a famed caberet star running through a park, going spaz and head-butting a fence and then passing out on a park bench.

Those wacky celebs ;)

PsiloSubNaut said:
I never thought i'd see such a post from admin...

He's also openly gay so wouldn't it be the boy he wanted to root?

scyoj0ker said:
retard probablly drank the drink he was supposed to give to a girl he wanted to bang.

I was making the point that if sycoj0ker had bothered to read the entire thread he would have noticed that Todd McKenney was gay.

Oh, and no more price discussion.

Crankinit said:
Yeah I don't know if Sydney has insanely inflated GHB prices, but you'd seriously pay a fraction of that in SA. Of course I know it's far more expensive in melb, so it may be more expensive still in sydney? I dunno.

Wrong about Melbs mate. Not my thing but i know it's no more than in S.A

Sorry hoptis

Todd McKenney prepares 'pants off' defence
By staff writers June 25, 2008 03:24pm

REALITY TV star Todd McKenney will use a "pants off" defence when he returns to court on his drug possession charge, it has been reported.

The Sydney Morning Herald reported McKenney told police on the morning of his arrest in a harbourside park in Sydney that drugs must have been planted on him while he took his pants off at a party.

The Dancing with the Stars judge and morning radio host reportedly said he had felt hot and had taken his pants off to cool down.

McKenney was charged with possession of the drug GHB after police found him unconscious in the park on Anzac Day. He has pleaded not guilty to the charge.

According to the police interview transcript reported by the SMH, McKenney said he had been dancing at a party at an apartment nearby and had removed his trousers when he became overheated.

With his pants off, he was able to continue dancing, the report said.

Sydney's Daily Telegraph revealed shortly after his arrest that McKenney allegedly had 20ml of the party drug - equivalent to 10 doses - in his pocket when police found him.

In an interview with Channel 7 after his arrest, McKenney said he had never used GHB before and would "strongly, strongly fight this charge right to the end".

News.com.au

Putting aside just what a poor excuse and transparent lie this is, if he should get off these charges it would send the message to anyone out there that you can easily get off possession charges if you have enough money or a good enough lawyer.

keeping in mind he orginally claimed that "I had a vodka and tonic and I started to feel progressively sick. I have no idea where I ended up. My drink was obviously spiked,"and "After one drink I felt very sick and then my face got hot and I had, like my ears got very, very hot and I just knew instantly that something wasn't right," Mr McKenney told Channel 7 last night.
"So as I kept walking I could just feel myself just having the most insane kind of collapses of mind and then I was panicking because it was a feeling I've just never felt before.

so keeping that in mind, where does the part about dancing and getting overheated so then taking off his pants (lol?) and continuing to dance fit in? i cant imangine anyone after having less than one drink take off their pants and keep dancing at a house party where he claimed there was a lot of people he didnt know.

cudds said:
i cant imangine anyone after having less than one drink take off their pants and keep dancing at a house party where he claimed there was a lot of people he didnt know.
unless that drink was G
If he gets off Im using that story if I ever get caught with anything I shouldnt have

frankly, i say good luck to him. I don't like for anyone to get busted for drugs - well not unless they'd done something incredibly bad. (aside from just being a prat).

... it would send the message to anyone out there that you can easily get off possession charges if you have enough money or a good enough lawyer.

I thought that was pretty much a given. :\

Todd McKenney's drugs charge dropped
By Kim Arlington November 03, 2008 01:03pm

A DRUGS charge against Dancing With The Stars judge Todd McKenney has been dropped.

Todd McKenney was charged with possessing the prohibited drug gamma hydroxybutyrate - also known as GHB or fantasy - after being found unconscious in Ruschutters Bay Park on Anzac Day.

He was allegedly found with a vial of the drug in his pocket after spending time at a friend's party.

McKenney, 43, maintained his innocence from the beginning, saying he believed the drug had been planted on him.

He pleaded not guilty ahead of a scheduled court hearing this week and last month his lawyers sought to have the charge dropped for lack of evidence.

The Dancing With The Stars judge and breakfast radio host was not in Downing Centre Local Court today when police applied for the matter to be withdrawn.

It's understood that the evidence was reviewed at a high level by senior police before the decision was made to discontinue the case against him.

Magistrate Jane Culver granted the police application, formally dismissing a charge of possessing a prohibited drug against McKenney.

Outside court his lawyer John North said the entertainer had always denied knowingly possessing the GHB.

"He always denied knowingly possessing the drug and the forensic and oral evidence supported these claims," Mr North told The Daily Telegraph.

"The matter was very thoroughly investigated and the more evidence that police uncovered, the more it supported Todd McKenney's version of events."

McKenney allegedly told police he had taken his jeans off to shower at a friend's place, spending some time in a pair of borrowed shorts. He put his jeans back on before going out and was found in Rushcutters Bay Park later that day.

The jeans claim pointed to an opportunity for someone to have slipped the drug into his pocket without his knowledge.

Mr North said if the case had proceeded to a hearing, "there would have been evidence called by the defence to show that the drug could have been planted accidentally or on purpose".

McKenney - who is currently starring as drag queen Mitzi in the musical Priscilla: Queen of the Desert - was relieved that the charge had been dropped, Mr North said.

"It's been a very difficult time for Mr McKenney, as he is currently working flat out in three high-profile jobs," he said.

"He is looking forward to getting on with his career."

News.com.au

c'mon, lets be fair on the guy. I'm sure there is plenty of people who take there pants off only to find that when they put them back on, the drug fairy has left a little gift for them. Damn, im taking my pants of right now then. PANTS OFF EVERY ONE

So....the same night someone 'planted' GHB on him, his drink was also 'spiked' with it. Hmm.

swilow said:
So....the same night someone 'planted' GHB on him, his drink was also 'spiked' with it. Hmm.

Whilst I don't believe it, it is plausible.

koggi said:
c'mon, lets be fair on the guy. I'm sure there is plenty of people who take there pants off only to find that when they put them back on, the drug fairy has left a little gift for them. Damn, im taking my pants of right now then. PANTS OFF EVERY ONE

PANTS OFF PARTY! whos keen?

Who plays the part of the drug fairy?

Just another celebrity paying their way out of any situation

ok, ok, i better stop this now. there isn't really a drug fairy. sorry

Todd McKenney charges dropped

article from the sydney morning herald today, 4/11/08

Police drop case against performer

POLICE have abandoned the case against the performer Todd McKenney nearly seven months after charging him with possessing the party drug fantasy.

McKenney, a radio and television host who is playing the drag queen Mitzi in Priscilla: Queen Of The Desert, was not in court for the brief hearing, when the prosecution withdrew a charge of possessing an illegal substance.

It is understood police were advised they would not be able to prove to a jury that McKenney knew he had the drugs.

They issued a statement yesterday saying that "the prospect of a conviction is remote" and they would not be pursuing the case.

McKenney, 43, had been scheduled to undergo a two-day trial this week.

McKenney's lawyer, John North, said: "He's been juggling not only this matter but trying to fulfil three major professional engagements a week, so it's very good for him that what he's always said from day one has been shown to be true."

McKenney is one of the hosts of Dancing With The Stars on Channel Seven and has a breakfast show on FM radio.

He was charged on Anzac Day, when police found him unconscious in Rushcutters Bay Park.

He was revived by paramedics but denied knowledge of a vial of gamma hydroxybutyrate, known as GHB or fantasy, found by police in his pants pocket. Police were unable to interview him at the time, but charged him with possessing the drug.

When McKenney later did a police interview, he said he had been at a Potts Point party, had taken his pants off to have a shower and had spent some time in a pair of shorts before changing back into his pants and leaving.

He said somebody must have put the vial in his pants and that his drink must have been spiked.

McKenney was in Melbourne when the charge was dropped and refused to comment. His management put out a statement that reiterated that he had maintained his innocence during the police investigation. The result was an "appropriate outcome", it said.

i know what line i will be spinning to the police should i ever get caught for possession.

[EDIT: Threads merged. hoptis]

Last edited by a moderator: