Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

News: News.com.au - 2/10/09 "DOI 'lasts three days longer' than LSD"

SeveredPsyche

Bluelighter
DOI 'lasts three days longer' than LSD

AAP
October 02, 2009 08:56am

A NEW hallucinogenic drug which lasts three days longer than LSD has emerged in Adelaide, police say.

The drug, referred to as DOI, is increasingly coming to the attention of police and health officials in South Australia.

The drug can have fatal effects and has strong hallucinogenic properties including visual and audio distortion, SA Police Detective Inspector John de Candia said.

Consistent with other synthetic hallucinogens such as LSD, the effects of DOI are unpredictable and can vary for each user, Mr De Candia said.

The Royal Adelaide Hospital has reported treating a number of hallucinogen overdoses from unknown substances consistent with the toxicity of DOI, he said.

Some users reported feeling fearful due to the intensity and duration of the effect of the drug, which lasts two to three days longer than LSD, he said.

Mr De Candia said effects included mood swings, anxiety, paranoia, exhilaration, numbness, muscle twitching, increased heart rate and blood pressure, and nausea and vomiting.

Link

Once again a beautiful misinformed articles full of twisted truth's and outright bullshit.

The Australian media is going wonderful this year, keep up the terrible work guys :)

I find that this article is actually pretty accurate. Sure, it's still fear-mongering but for the most part it's pretty correct.

It's not exactly a new drug though.

...which lasts two to three days longer than LSD
I thought 48 hours was about the maximum length of a DOI trip, could be wrong haven't tried it myself.
I think 2-3 days longer than LSD is a bit of a stretch though.

The problem isn't the drug its that many are taking it unprepared. Many take it believing it to be LSD, no good for a Sunday day trip if you have to go to work/school/other important thing, the next day.

IMO very few people comfortably handle the duration of LSD, the most common anxiety I've encountered around inexperienced users is "will it ever end?" - I've even felt it before. If your giving research chemicals to newbies make sure to educate them well, first stop the train wreck section of Erowid.

Valiums are useful but if you need them you probably shouldn't be tripping.

Drugs like DOI deserve the media scare, though any main stream media attention will probably just attract the wrong type of drug users to try it...

2 - 3 days is a bit of a stretch, it took me about 15 hours to come down properly, it's definately a fairly nasty chem by comparison to LSD though, and there does seem to be a disproportionately high amount of it in circulation in adelaide for some reason.

Dammit i just got shown this and was gonna post it.

New wasnt Shulgin working on this in the 70s? Another fucking muppet journalist.

Shit exaggerated article. I hate how the media always acts like drug trends are new just because they just found out about them or just got around to reporting them.

Yet another bullshit article

At least they got the Adelaide being flooded with DOI and other DO*'s part correct

I have never tripped longer than 36 hours on DOI and that was a large dose of 8mg

2-3 days longer than LSD is unheard of when it comes to DOI trips

I have woke up Monday morning with solid after glow from a 9mg Saturday morning DOC trip but main effects are always gone within 24 hours and it's easy to sleep on after that

Don't dose high on any bitter/metallic tasting tabs or preferably don't dose them at all...

We're very safe with the flood of LSD in Vic

Poor crow eaters

Yeh, seems like they forgot that it goes permanently into your spinal fluid and you suffer flashbacks for the rest of your life and the strange growths it promotes from your ass after taking it. Pink elephants, turning into an orange and becomming a serial killer

/s

Yeh, seems like they forgot that it goes permanently into your spinal fluid and you suffer flashbacks for the rest of your life and the strange growths it promotes from your ass after taking it. Pink elephants, turning into an orange and becomming a serial killer

/s

Lets not forget that it changes your DNA structure ;)

What? 3 days longer than LSD? 2 hits of acid and im sober within 4-5 hours. The head fuk with intense visuals lasts max 2-3 hours for me then im bak to baseline. So sober that i could drive a car or go to work no probs. 3 days is a bit of an exaggeration. DOx for me usually lasts 18-20 hours max.

They say acid lasts for 12 hours, well i so wish it did. It all ends so fast. Then again it might be my tolerance from the shrooms, acid, DOx's and all sorts of other psychoactive that ive been doin lately.

Dammit sustanon you poor bastard, i love tripping till sunrise, makes you feel complete.

Dammit sustanon you poor bastard, i love tripping till sunrise, makes you feel complete.

Yea kinda sux. Does anyone else have this problem or is it just me? I have a super fast metabolism, maybe that contributes to it as well? Shrooms lasts 4-5 hours. Last week i dropped a few tabs around 8pm (panthers) and i was totally sober around 12-1am, was up chatting with mates then went to bed around 2. I know when im in a full blown trip these days the last thing i wanna do is sit in front of the pc plus i cant see a damn thing if im tripping.

shrooms is a 4 -6hr affair for me.

acid, well, i find if i take like 1 or 2 to start with it won't last very long.. 4 - 6hrs of enjoyable intensity then on the way back down. But a large intial dose seems to extend it out a bit, maybe 6 - 10 hrs. Extends it longer than trying to munch more mid trip i find anyway.

so yeah, get a 10 strip and gobble at once.

Wish acid didnt form an instant tolerance :(

Yea kinda sux. Does anyone else have this problem or is it just me? I have a super fast metabolism, maybe that contributes to it as well? Shrooms lasts 4-5 hours. Last week i dropped a few tabs around 8pm (panthers) and i was totally sober around 12-1am, was up chatting with mates then went to bed around 2. I know when im in a full blown trip these days the last thing i wanna do is sit in front of the pc plus i cant see a damn thing if im tripping.

Its probably the quality of the blotters you've been getting. I know I haven't been able to find a decent tab for ages. These days I need 3 or 4 for a decent effect.

Mushrooms last about 5 hours (start to baseline) for me to.