Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

[NEWS]: Nature Trends - 49 new legal highs noted last year by EMC report

BigTrancer

Bluelight Crew
Nature, 22 November 2012
Vol 491, No. 7425

TREND WATCH
The number of new psychoactive substances that are synthesized or extracted from plants to get around drug-control laws continues to rise, says a report by the European Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addiction in Lisbon. The agency says that it spotted 49 new drugs — known as ‘legal highs’ — last year (by analysis of drugs either seized or bought for testing). About two-thirds were synthetic cathinones (related to amphetamines) or cannabinoids, and most are said to be made in China and India.

7-TW.jpg
I was just paging through a couple of back-issues of Nature which had collected on my desk and was surprised to see the graphic above staring at me.
Thought it might be of interest, apologies if already posted.

BT :)

a lot of people made a LOT of money from the explosion of the RC trade, as laws change to make certain RC's illegal the vendors keep altering/inventing new RC's to keep ahead of changes in law, and most importantly, to keep making insane amounts of money.

pardon the ignorance. but what is an RC? part of joining bluelight was to educate myself in such things but I'm finding I'm really out of the loop a lot.