• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: Jack Marx - 'Arresting the ghost of Anna Wood'

madmick19 said:
Now thats parental tough love.............."im soo committted to anti drugs that i would kill my child for doing them" living with that...no wonder she had to take love drugs ;)

Surely he can't be serious anyway, I suppose his problem is that it is just a hypothetical, and one that if answered the correct way would completely discredit everything he has done in the last decade.

I know it is a tired and old argument, but I wonder if this Tony Wood has ever drank alcohol. And if he still does, or considers it okay, how does he resolve the unavoidable moral conflict?

actually he was

To quote JB:

As for Mr Wood... I went up to him afterwards and shook his hand, saying I felt for him but wanted to assure him that although we were on different sides of the fence we were after the same thing. He took this well but very quickly the conversation turned surreal.

He said "I just wish Australia was more like Singapore". We thought he was joking but he was deadly serious. He went on. "They got it right there, zero tolerance, put them against a wall. If only we had that system"

"Err but we have a democracy. In Singapore there are no free elections, you can't protest and a show like this would be impossible" I stammered, not really believing he was saying this. "It's a police state".

"Australia is the police state" he said. "Decent people have more freedom there".

*me, nick and mick gobsmacked*

"But are you saying that places like there and Saudi Arabia where they kill dealers in the city square is where we should be headed?"

"Yes"

"But what if it was your daughter was the one being beheaded?"

"She'd be alive to day if we had that system"

*our brains explode*

I honestly had sympathy for him before he said this. I approached him to try and build a bridge and found the distance was way more extreme than I ever could have imagined.

You still wonder what is going through some peoples brain...

Thanks for posting that Mick :)

That is positively scary.

Here we are, worrying about invasion from Asian countries, when there's people inside that could do just as much damage to our nation than any invader =/

What we do have to remember is that he did lose a child, he sounds like he hasn't dealth with it too well, and I don't really blame him, if one of my kids died I'd probably be just as wrecked as he is.

That's the only reason I can see his side of things though, don't agree at all with him though.

I've heard the Singapore argument from a friend of mine aswell. But then again Indonesia has zero-tolerance and is a drug hub.

Madness, thank goodness that in this country we are supposedly guaranteed that the punishment will fit the crime.

What we do have to remember is that he did lose a child, he sounds like he hasn't dealth with it too well, and I don't really blame him, if one of my kids died I'd probably be just as wrecked as he is.

Well, I can never see why someone wants blood when they lose a loved one. Sure, for the grieving phase it's natural to go through periods of wanting to blame and take out your loss on responsible persons etc, but ultimately, healing is only achieved when you get over such feelings. This man has not only failed to move on, he want's to blame every user and drug sympathiser for the death of his daughter.

If he'd had a good father-daughter relationship with Anna, he would have possibly been able to have his advice heeded, or at least he could have looked into it himself and directed her to important HR information, which could well have been life saving. It seems to me though, Tony Wood never had such a relationship, and so he's avoiding addressing that issue by "slaughtering" others who've managed, through education and a sensible attittude, to avoid this most tragic of outcomes.

If the voting public feel Tony Wood or people with this much vengeance are fit to enter local politics, then these voters aren't thinking at all IMO. Keep these right wing radicals out of public life altogether! It's a disgrace they get even a smidgeon of positive media coverage :p

If we're going to shoot drug users, dealers etc can we also shoot middle aged people who think they're right and everyone else is wrong?

mike of sydney rote

"Anna’s father needs to accept the fact that humans are having trouble adapting to this world and there for will always use drugs as a way to cope.
iv read the toxicology report and it (mdma) did not kill her, ignorance and miss information killer her.
if people like Mr Wood spent more time understanding the role of drugs like mdma in society and educating people properly on there effects and side effects there would be greater harm reduction.
what am i saying? That would be a waste of money because Anna is the ONLY person to die from taking mdma and only mdma in the 20 + years that people have been taking it here in australia.
if MR wood really wanted to do the world some good, and make his late daughter proud he would do everything in his power to rid australia of tobacco and alcohol, and loby to have bans and restrictions on mdma use lifted.

I’d even go so far as to suggest that mr & mrs wood take a modest dose of the drug themselves so that they can overcome there grief."

hahahahaha!