• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: Herald-Sun 23 Mar 05: Cigarette sales ban 'needed by 2050'

Control and prohibition have never been the answer. Just look at the people on bluelight.... hehehe. There is a large population of people doing illegal drugs. If there is demand, there will always be a way.

Its more about how you approach the issue. Indians smoked tobacco in pipes during rituals. There was no known addiction in the indian culture.

Its more about respect and patience, not brute force. IMHO.

As a smoker I'm not actually against this idea. In fact it means that only a smaller proportion of the population will smoke. I know its bad for me, I'm just fully addicted.

They probably have to grow there own tobacco plants in the ceiling in 2051.

Originally posted by ozbreaker
That rant was of absolutely superb quality nick! :)

thanks, I try.:p
it pays to have your own decent material, imitation/satire is the highest form of flattery I suppose.

Last edited:
I love it how a couple people in this thread are acting like there's no social stigma associated with being obese, snide comments whispered to friends aren't a whole lot better than snide comments said to a persons face.

On topic the idea of banning tabacco sales in by 2050 is repulsive to me, people should have no say as to what others do with their own bodies (passive smoking really isn't much of an issue anymore), doesn't anybody value liberty? Do the people supporting the ban really think the role of government is to interfere in the private lives of adult citizens and act like an over-protective parent?

dabb said:
...people should have no say as to what others do with their own bodies (passive smoking really isn't much of an issue anymore), doesn't anybody value liberty?
Tell that to me when I am in a smoke filled club. Passive smoking is an issue.

Cowboy Mac said:
Tell that to me when I am in a smoke filled club. Passive smoking is an issue.

I said it wasn't an issue because smoking in bars and clubs is already being phased out leaving only the odd bit of second hand smoke on the street for non-smokers to encounter which i really don't think will harm them much.

Obesity and smoking cannot be compared. If i'm sitting next to a fat person am i forced to eat the burger their eating? Does it get crammed into my face? Do crumbs fly into me? When i'm at the pub do fat people shove chips down my throat? When i'm walking to work do fat people walking ahead of me force food into my mouth? When your outside eating your lunch do fat people force more food into your throat?

Nup...you can't compare so stop trying.

However when i'm walking down the street i'm forced to inhale the fucker who has decided to smoke in front of me. When i'm walking into my place of work i'm meet by a cloud of smokers. When i'm eating my lunch, amongst thousands of other people (including kids) i'm forced to inhale fucking smoke. When i got to the bar to relax again i'm forced to inhale fucking smoke. Its ridiculous. If i wanted shit like that i would stick my mouth on to the end of my exhaust pipe and inhale.

Smoking is indefensible and really its a moot point. Smoking is a delivery system for nicotine. Why can't you just use a patch. A thousands time healthier for you and me.

The worse people who smoke are the fuckers i see day in day out in liverpool mall with the babies strapped in to strollers. Seriously they'll be working at a strap with a smoke in their mouth.

Not only cursing themselves but their kids as well.

Fatties 1 | eccitude 0

I'll be surprised if this gets banned. Really, the powerful capitalists who control the smoking industry are the ones who released AIDS and control the stock market too ;)
they have all the lobby groups...

Ahhh .. nicotine and MDMA .. my 2 fav drugs both stop me from getting fat :p

Americans, let’s face it: We’ve been a spoiled country for a long time.
Do you know what the number one health risk in America is?
Obesity, obesity.
They say we’re in the middle of an obesity epidemic.
An epidemic like it is polio.
Like we’ll be telling our grand kids about it one day.
The Great Obesity Epidemic of 2004.
“How’d you get through it grandpa?”
“Oh, it was horrible Johnny,
there was cheesecake and pork chops everywhere.”

Nobody knows why were getting fatter
Look at our lifestyle.
I’ll sit at a drive thru.
I’ll sit there for I'll sit there behind fifteen other cars instead of getting up to
make the eight foot walk to the totally empty counter.
Everything is mega meal, super sized.
Want biggie fries with that?, want a jumbo fries with that?, want to go large.
You want to have thirty burgers for a nickel you fat mother fucker.
There’s room in the back. Take it!
Want a 55 gallon drum of Coke with that?
It’s only three more cents.