Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: Herald Sun 10 May 04: Drugs marked to remember gangster

BigTrancer

Bluelight Crew
Drugs marked to remember gangster
Paul Anderson
10may04

A BATCH of ecstasy tablets marked with the initials of a notorious dead gangland identity have flooded the Melbourne drug market.

The pills are stamped with the letter A or V in what underworld and police sources suggest is a drug faction's show of respect for suspected underworld hitman Andrew Veniamin.

Sources connected to the drug trade have told the Herald Sun that Veniamin was one of the first dealers to push the beige-coloured pills on the market.

"Veniamin was the first to be selling them, and flooding the market with them," said one source.

Veniamin, a close friend of alleged drug trafficker Carl Williams, was shot through the head during what police have described as an altercation with former boxer and construction site arbitrator Mick Gatto.

Gatto handed himself to police after the shooting at La Porcella restaurant on March 23, and was charged with murder. He is on remand.

Sources say the pills were, and still are, a show of friendship to Veniamin.

The gesture indicates to police that Veniamin had a strong affiliation with a powerful amphetamine and ecstasy faction operating in Melbourne.

The source said he knew of at least one person who had used the branded ecstasy.

Police are disturbed at the apparent flood of the pills on the market.

Regular contributors to a website dedicated to illicit drugs say the pills are "all over the nation".

From: http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,9515529^661,00.html

What the fuck..? I thought the logo was to make them attractive to children...

BigTrancer :)

Yeah stamp a pill with your initials....good one.

No wonder he got capped if he had that many tickets on himself.

LOL, haha this is some funny fucking shit..

what next? all the diff brand names stamped onto pills is actually underground advertising?

are police honestly as lost as they come across ? i find this very hard to believe lol.

he supposedly sold the As and Vs 1st, marketing his initials.. and now cause hes dead someone else has ripped off his logos as a sign of respect? lol.. OK GUYS!!

i take my hat off to Andrew Veniamin what fuckin great pills they were and still are. there must of been millions made cause they are still floating around and every second person you speak to has a least had a couple. go the A's and V's

And don't forget there are A + V's in other parts of the world too. He was one respected guy it seems. *cough*

They were around before he was shot, and there were also similar pills of varying sizes and colours. Sounds to me like his buddy Carl Williams, or someone in the same syndicate, jumped on the gravy train...

Just when you believe it's ok to give the cops some credit for not being totally shit. I can't believe that they are seriously this stupid when it comes to a pill press that's been out for months.
Fucking sensationalist journalism at its finest. How the fuck does this crap get through the editorial process?
oh that's right. The shitter the story, the better. That's how it goes, no?

In related news, police have arrested members of the band 3 doors down after it was revealed that they manufactured and distributed millions of ecstasy tablets marked with a "3" logo in order to promote their music. 8)

haha, I gota say it's a pretty good try from the media. I'm sure not many people realised the coincidence.

If its true then we know the A's and V's are staying around atleast for a while as they're a local press.

<-- Couldnt be happier :)

from what sources have told me, A/V's are not local presses... besides, i had my first A long before benji got capped.

goatyoghurt said:
In related news, police have arrested members of the band 3 doors down after it was revealed that they manufactured and distributed millions of ecstasy tablets marked with a "3" logo in order to promote their music. 8)

Ahh, I think you'll find the 3's were actually a form of ambient marketing for the mobile phone company 3 - the idea apparently was get the kids off their chops, so then they'll sms each other a lot more, not realising how expensive it was...

=D

nah... its 3s are a marketing technique used by a local telecommunications company.. board members have been sacked and the 3 building has been forfeited to the commonwealth as it is a product of drug profits.

and the tooth fairy is real..... honest

I think all you people saying they couldn't be locals would be very suprised at the quality of local pills that actually do hit the street are.
Just because they're good, doesn't for a second mean that they're imports.

If you're going to go on your logic, then they MUST be locals because they were pressed so poorly... 8)

*apologies for OT*

the majority of pills on the market ATM are local presses - white smurfs, double cherries, pink panthers etc are all local pills.

As are not.

thats all i have to say about that.