• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

News: 21/07/2003 : Vic Drivers risk visit to the 'drugs bus'

And I bet they won't be testing truck drivers either. It's obvious that the police turn a blind eye to the ampheted up truck drivers, and a friend who is a driver has confirmed this to me aswell.

This law/testing will get tested and I can tell you it won't be long until it will be.

Ecaep_Dna_Evol said
However, i think this is a very bad thing, as many others have and will state(d) these tests will surely come up positive even if the person is no longer impaired by the drug, so long as they took it in the last 24hr-3 months who knows. I know if you smoke a lot of weed, there can be trace amounts in your blood after 3months plus. Imagine that, smoking no weed for a month then getting busted for driving under the influence of pot. fuck that.

You got it completly wrong mate, i have talked to a police officer regarding that exact issue, the spit testers ONLY picks up on ACTIVE metabolite of cannabis, here is what the police officer said.

The proposed drug testing of drivers in respect to cannabis is for therecent use. Generally, the active metabolite of cannabis, delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol(THC), may be detected for two to three hours after having used the drug. However, this time frame may be extended where there is regular usage of the drug. A driver may be prosecuted when THC isfound to be present.

The frequency of cannabis use may influence the level of Delta-9-THC in the
body. If the active metabolite of the parent drug is present then it is
having and influence on the ability to drive. The metabolite of the parent
drug that remains in the body for extended periods is the inactive
metabolite, "carboxy-THC". The new laws only relate to the presence of the
active metabolite.

So its not as bad as people think, just don't smoke before you drive :D

Personally, I'd prefer not to be a test case... I'd rather be safe than sorry on this one until it's absolutely clear about the detection limits and/or leeway for sobriety after the drug intake.

BigTrancer :)

I dunno Melbourn_madness, looks a bit suss to me;

"However, this time frame may be extended where there is regular usage of the drug. A driver may be prosecuted when THC isfound to be present."

Sounds like zero tollerance if there is ANY thc in the system. Their 2-3 hour time frame was im sure for someone who basically never smokes but has a one-off joint, even then i think they are asuming very fast metabolism of thc.

"The frequency of cannabis use may influence the level of Delta-9-THC in the
body. If the active metabolite of the parent drug is present then it is
having and influence on the ability to drive"

That sounds to me like they are saying "Well yeah, if some pothead smokes a gram a day or whatever, then yeah sure, after 3 days of non-smoking there will still be thc in their system, but hey, I mean, if theres thc in the system, then its in interests of public safety mate, we gotta get that maniac off the road"

THats kinda how i read that statement...

All i know, is that this can't be good for us. I mean, ok, might take a few fuckheads off the road, no doubt, however, I think a lot of people are gonna face a hard time from this even though they are responsible drivers.

I might do some research on how long it will take b4 heavy smokers can come up clean, then edit this msg..

And for a sidenote, |Gi'me a stoned driver over a drunk driver any day

EDIT

Marijuana and Hashish (THC): One hour after ingestion, for up to 14 hours

Cocaine (including crack): From time of ingestion for 48 to 72 hours

Opiates: From time of ingestion for 48 to 72 hours

Methamphetamine and Ecstasy (MDMA, "Crank," "Ice"): From time of ingestion for 48 to 72 hours

Methadone: From time of ingestion for 48 to 72 hours

- > http://www.tests-shop.com/product95/product_info.html

Im not saying they'll be using the same testing method, but this is food for thought. Being busted 72 hours after mdma ingestion would be a nasty surprise i would think. I also know that the 14ours stated for pot will climb with higher levels of usage(obviously).

Last edited:
Methamphetamine and Ecstasy (MDMA, "Crank," "Ice"): From time of ingestion for 48 to 72 hours

It would be nasty if u had to wait that long, thats like saying to a drug user doesn't matter if you go and sleep it off for a bit where still going to bust you.

Yeah, thats the thing. And my guess is that they would bust you on any positive result on the saliva test, not just a result which indictated recent usage.

Otherwise it would be like the police saying to you "Well, you tested positive for an Illegal substance, which is obviously a criminal offence, however, our test indicated that you took this substance 24hours ago, so your probably ok to drive, so you can go."

I mean, even if they didn't bust you for driving under influence, then they could bust you for consuming an illegal substance. THey would also have probable cause to search your car. Not to mention, I'm sure they'd make a note of the substance in your body on your police file, so next time your pulled up they'll be able to say "yep, they're a druggie, so we can search they're car"

Or if for example, you were busted for driving under influence, but you appealed the charge saying that you were in a sober enough state to be able to drive safely, then they're gonna still bust you for admitting to substance use.

Just seems to me that, a saliva test is VERY capable of showing people not just what substances you are currently 'on' but also those which you've consumed in the last day-week, or who knows how long after. Which is never good information to be giving to a police officer, this warrants;
Search of vehicle
Charge of driving under influence
Charge of possession/consumption of illegal substance
Police record will be indicated as a drug user

Call me a paranoid conspiracy nut, but it would certainly seem that poliec could use this information as a ways of profiling people involved in Ausrtalia's drug scene, etc.

Given Australias kissing off Bush's arse and our tight following of the US's Zero-Tollerance-Nazi-Esque-War-On-Drugs i would find it hard to beleive that the information generated by this practise would be used only as means of getting rid of drivers currently under a disabilitating influence of an illegal substance.

what i want to know is this:

lets say i had smoked pot a few days before being stopped and tested. Smoking pot a few days beforehand wouldnt have ANY effect on my driving. Will this tester still detect the THC in my system? because if this is the case it just seems like another way of putting users into the criminal system. This has nothing to do with effect on driving..

BULLSHIT i say ;)