• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Newbie to prepping slow

Thank you ALL for your replies and concerns. I still haven't attempted any IV use, and, to be quite honest, will most likely wind up not going that route when it comes down to it. The warnings from those who have fought that battle ARE helpful reminders, and @OpiateKiller typing from beyond the grave.well...damn! lol..kidding, of course. I'm sorry you had such an experience, but it seems that like most jolting experiences, you've taken some sort of life lesson away from it. I, too, had something happen that I cannot put in to words without sounding nuts. A drunk driver hit me head on and I was trapped in my burning car with a broken neck, wrist, back, and in ICU for quite a while. Anyway, it was during that period that I had some sort of mystical vision/encounter that was so incredible that I just can't express how it felt!
Back to the subject at hand, I wouldn't be too terribly nervous about finding a vein or missing and getting an artery, etc..I've worked in animal medicine for years and am used to using needles and vein location on plenty of OTHER beings, just not myself! And I've always told myself "I could never see myself getting to the point of being an IV drug user." However, after a long road of healing, tremendous pain, breaking my back for a second time, and having yet another major spinal operation looming in the near future, the mentality begins to weaken, depression and anxiety take over, and I just go to a dark place. The pain, oh the pain! It's like another person attached to the side of my body at all times, chronically nagging and bitching. I want to just cut it out, amputate, end it! But here I am. The Oxy's ran out a few days early, and naturally I have a new primary care Doc who didn't bother to leave a note or anything for the date that the refill was actually due (today) and wasn't even in the office today. So I have the whole weekend to get through without my painkillers other than Lyrica and a small (Half G) amount of powder H. *Sighs*
Communicating with you guys on here has helped me feel less alone. So, I thank you all for that.