• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Newbie to prepping slow

SunshineL82

Greenlighter
Hi all Bluelighter's! I've been a member for awhile, but this is my first actual thread post! I have a super newbie Q that I'm hoping I'll get easy answers to. I've been snorting Roxi's and slow for the better part of a year now and have been contemplating the needle. I know, I know, it's a horrible idea. However, now with a broken back and an upcoming surgery, the pain over the last week since being discharged from the hospital is unbearable and of course the Oxy 15's are barely minimizing the pain in my lumbar and sciatic nerve which is displaced. My main issue is: I don't know how to go about prepping the H to even get it in the insulin needles I already have! I know it requires water, a cotton ball, and a flame, but I don't know why or in what order to do things. Help!

I may be wrong but I believe this sort of question is against the forum rules as trying to teach someone over the internet how to inject smack isnt really considered harm reduction.

This information should not be hard to find via google anyway. Or ask the person you score off

I may be wrong but I believe this sort of question is against the forum rules as trying to teach someone over the internet how to inject smack isnt really considered harm reduction.

This information should not be hard to find via google anyway. Or ask the person you score off
I am sorry if I've asked the wrong questions, but I've scoured the site and found a hundred examples of helpful tips for injections, but none for prep.

There's also the question of amount. If am putting a gram up my nose without nodding but getting some pain relief...?

If he's/shes made up his/her mind, and is going to do it.. knowing how to do it right. Seems to be hard reduction to me.. a person is doing to do as they wish.. and that's their right. ?‍♂️
True. Well OP it also varies on what kind of heroin your using. If it is powder heroin suitable for snorting, then i would expect all it should require is stirring in water till dissolved (no need to heat) then drawing into a syringe through a small piece of cotton ball. Other types of gear require the addition of citric, heat etc but if you've been snorting it, I would expect it to be easily soluble in cold water.

I would start with a fraction of the amount you snort, even a tenth as it is much, much more effective intravenously as opposed to insufflated.

And then after that you'll need to learn how to inject into a vein, which is not as easy as it sounds especially without someone there with you to teach you.

Last edited:
It’s a catch 22 here you’ll find, some will think you are asking to harm yourself, and some will think you’re asking to reduce harm to yourself. I say you are cautious enough to ask in the first place, as oppose to fucking it up and your veinous area in the process so well done for reaching out.

There will be someone along with both the ability to articulate it better than I, and reducing your chances of getting it wrong. Check below and ask some of these guys while you’re waiting ?

Hi all Bluelighter's! I've been a member for awhile, but this is my first actual thread post! I have a super newbie Q that I'm hoping I'll get easy answers to. I've been snorting Roxi's and slow for the better part of a year now and have been contemplating the needle. I know, I know, it's a horrible idea. However, now with a broken back and an upcoming surgery, the pain over the last week since being discharged from the hospital is unbearable and of course the Oxy 15's are barely minimizing the pain in my lumbar and sciatic nerve which is displaced. My main issue is: I don't know how to go about prepping the H to even get it in the insulin needles I already have! I know it requires water, a cotton ball, and a flame, but I don't know why or in what order to do things. Help!
chase it, it's extremely easy if its good brown, if its tar you can only smoke it never inject tar. but.... before chasing, snort a point which is 100mg worth and if its not cut to shit or laced, it should feel like a combo of morphine and oxy kinda

Why not crush 3 of your oxys im sure that'd do the trick, and INSTANT RELEASE crushed is way more effective than just swallowed regardless of what people say.

but if youre going ahead with this...

pretty much covers the basics, but getting the veins your first couple times will be preetty damn tricky-i know because ive gone there but godbless me, since my veins ALWAYS get pushed and moved by needles, it's kept me from banging shit, intramuscular though..... this was a terrible thread for me to get into now i wana bang shit, and i've got 90 6mg hydrmorphs, all id need is a wheel filter :eek:

Don’t iv your oxy, the bioavailability change doesn’t justify it.

As for h, it depends if it’s powder or tar.

Get a cooker (spoon is classic, upside down can, bottle cap, etc.). Clean with an iso alcohol wipe.

Put your dope in. Dart very small first time iv. I’m not a very responsible drug user and even I did not start with a large recreational dose, just enough to feel it and know I shot up correctly.

Add some water. I like to use around .7 ml I’m case I miss some of the shot it won’t all be wasted. Some people use very little, .2 ml for a “better rush.” That’s the case for meth but I can’t tell the difference with h.

Now if you have tar, heat until boiling and dissolved. If it’s east coast powder, just stir with something (after cleaning that something with an alcohol wipe).

Drop in a little ball of cotton, less than on the top of a qtip.

Draw the solution up into the needle through the cotton.

Now the hard part your first time. I was all shakey and nervous for my first shot.

Slide the needle into a vein. Veins typically are exactly where they look like they are at. If you can’t see your veins you may need help in person to learn how to shoot up.

Before you push the plunger down, you pull it back just enough to ensure you are in a vein. If you see blood inside the needle push the plunger down. If you don’t see blood you need to try again.

If it is burning while you are pushing down the plunger or you see a bump forming as you are pushing down the plunger, you are not in a vein. Stop and try again.

After a half dozen shots you’ll have the hang of it. After a month you’ll be a pro.

Would not cross that line … personally.

I've drawn up a shot of H, did half one day, did half the next day and 2nd half of the shot I OD'd and died. Needles completely change the equation.

Granted, don't over complicate it.

Heroin > Spoon > Water > Mix to dissolve > Cotton Ball > Needle in cotton ball > draw up solution.

that's about it.

Don’t iv your oxy, the bioavailability change doesn’t justify it.

As for h, it depends if it’s powder or tar.

Get a cooker (spoon is classic, upside down can, bottle cap, etc.). Clean with an iso alcohol wipe.

Put your dope in. Dart very small first time iv. I’m not a very responsible drug user and even I did not start with a large recreational dose, just enough to feel it and know I shot up correctly.

Add some water. I like to use around .7 ml I’m case I miss some of the shot it won’t all be wasted. Some people use very little, .2 ml for a “better rush.” That’s the case for meth but I can’t tell the difference with h.

Now if you have tar, heat until boiling and dissolved. If it’s east coast powder, just stir with something (after cleaning that something with an alcohol wipe).

Drop in a little ball of cotton, less than on the top of a qtip.

Draw the solution up into the needle through the cotton.

Now the hard part your first time. I was all shakey and nervous for my first shot.

Slide the needle into a vein. Veins typically are exactly where they look like they are at. If you can’t see your veins you may need help in person to learn how to shoot up.

Before you push the plunger down, you pull it back just enough to ensure you are in a vein. If you see blood inside the needle push the plunger down. If you don’t see blood you need to try again.

If it is burning while you are pushing down the plunger or you see a bump forming as you are pushing down the plunger, you are not in a vein. Stop and try again.

After a half dozen shots you’ll have the hang of it. After a month you’ll be a pro.
The bioavailability change certainly doesn't justify it but whenever I shot oxy (and I imagine it's the same for others) I was doing it for the rush not a marginal increase in BA

The bioavailability change certainly doesn't justify it but whenever I shot oxy (and I imagine it's the same for others) I was doing it for the rush not a marginal increase in BA

I’d be lying if I said I haven’t exclusively used oxy iv for the rush.

I’ll clarify that I was speaking somewhat from a financial perspective. While you can stretch your money/supply much further (at first) with h by using iv, the same is not true for oxy; you really won’t be stretching your supply.

"(at first)" is the most crucial point regarding IV use of any opiate/ opioid consumption for sure.

I think the greatest point of HR that needs to be touched here aside from cleanliness, is to touch on how to get it in you in such a way that it isn't going to sit there. If you find you are nervous about it and end up fiddling and finnicking around too much, just save yourself the evolution of trouble. However, if you must, be sure that you are properly in the vein and you aren't just tearing yourself to shreds. Remain calm, go in relatively flat, always pull back to ensure that you are in a vein that has a steady flow of blood. You don't want to experience the pain and embarrassment of what happens when you miss shots and rely on other biological mechanisms to carry that water and drug out of your body from a subcutaneous area. There are also things that will help you such as always using fresh, clean, sharp equipment. Know your way out of this path though, there are alternatives to IV drug use that will get you net pain relief and I've found from experiences only going deeper into the culture will dig you a deeper hole that one day you have to step out of. Too many people don't get out of this one alive.

I’d be lying if I said I haven’t exclusively used oxy iv for the rush.

I’ll clarify that I was speaking somewhat from a financial perspective. While you can stretch your money/supply much further (at first) with h by using iv, the same is not true for oxy; you really won’t be stretching your supply.
Definitely. The crappy BA of morphine/H basically demands injection. At least that's where you end up getting to once you're dependent and need a certain amount everyday.

But then after that it's pretty hard to go back to any other ROA

I've drawn up a shot of H, did half one day, did half the next day and 2nd half of the shot I OD'd and died. Needles completely change the equation.

Granted, don't over complicate it.

Heroin > Spoon > Water > Mix to dissolve > Cotton Ball > Needle in cotton ball > draw up solution.

that's about it.
Sheeeet mind blown - ghosts are real - and they're posting on bluelight!!

Sheeeet mind blown - ghosts are real - and they're posting on bluelight!!

If you overdose and your heart stops it’s considered a death, when they need to hit you with narcan and paddles to restart you’re life, yes I’ve died and came back to life, as have many others.

Before narcan if you overdosed on heroin back decades ago the only option was to try and electric shock you if you’re heart stopped.. not a fun thing to wake up to.

If you overdose and your heart stops it’s considered a death, when they need to hit you with narcan and paddles to restart you’re life, yes I’ve died and came back to life, as have many others.

Before narcan if you overdosed on heroin back decades ago the only option was to try and electric shock you if you’re heart stopped.. not a fun thing to wake up to.
Yeah lol just talking shit. It is pretty fucked up that you literally died for a bit! ?

I’ve had loperamide put my heart into arrhythmia and have had to be shocked back to life many times.

In my experience, death wasn’t bad, indescribably tranquil.the feeling really can’t be put into words.

Being shocked, on the other hand, is a miserable experience.