• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Newbie Information

Pregabalin and oxycodone will potentiate each other, but hark - the FDA sez: Life-threatening breathing difficulties can occur in patients who use gabapentin or pregabalin with opioids.

If you are young and "still experimenting", I would strongly advise you to not play around with opioids of any sort, beyond taking them once or twice to understand their effects. Yes, they may be pleasant and recreational now, but almost everyone who uses them recreationally more than once every couple of weeks will end up struggling with opioid dependancy.

Take it from me, I was once in your shoes, young and taking oxycodone for a fun time. Not that I'm bragging but I'm a pretty intelligent guy and even I ended up getting burned from opioid usage. Once you make a habit of using opioids recreationally, it becomes harder and harder to stop using them - at first because you can get high and wake up the next morning refreshed, and besides the doses are low anyway, and you could stop but there's no reason to - but by the time you're comfortable with frequent use, one day you will wake up and feel like something's off (maybe you're a little edgy and nervous, maybe you're more stiff and sore than usual after exercise, maybe you're more emotional), and then you will be a member of the opioid dependency club whether you like it or not. From then on, the highs get less enjoyable and the lows get even lower with every dose.

Please consider making life easier for yourself by stopping the opioid use now, while you are in the experimental phase. You've got the nice parts of what they can provide, it would be a smart idea to not let the drugs become a burden on your life. Imagine yourself spending your prime years as an opioid addict, only being functional when you have some sort of opiate in you, needing to take time and money out of your life to ensure you always have a dose lined up, and hiding your habit from anyone reasonably close to you (try dating as an addict... "What do you do for fun?" "Mostly heroin." "Oh, uhm, I have to leave, I just remembered I have a dentist appointment....")

(sorry for the rant: I really want to get the point across...)

Now, back to my questions. I took Ambien yesterday, 3 10mg and absolutely nothing happened. Except for me getting extremely sleepy. It took 40 minutes for me to get sleepy, fought with that for 2 hours then thought fuck it and went to sleep. No hallucinating or anything. How come this happened?
Zolpidem is weird. I've never taken it but I've had zopiclone - for me it didn't even make me sleepy! Given that it's a FDA approved medication I don't think hallucinations are a common effect, they wouldn't approve it otherwise.

Last edited:
Got confusd there, thanks for the clear up. On lyrica rn. Feeling goodd. got another question. Endocet and Lyrica together?
Lyrica and Oxi, good combo but only with tolerance, without tolerance they will destroy you and it will not be fun.
Possible overdose if you don't have a tolerance to both drugs

Personally, I have done this combo many times, but I already had a very high tolerance. A curiosity that I have ... how old are you? I am 21 years old

Take it from me, I was once in your shoes, young and taking oxycodone for a fun time. Not that I'm bragging but I'm a pretty intelligent guy and even I ended up getting burned from opioid usage. Once you make a habit of using opioids recreationally, it becomes harder and harder to stop using them - at first because you can get high and wake up the next morning refreshed, and besides the doses are low anyway, and you could stop but there's no reason to - but by the time you're comfortable with frequent use, one day you will wake up and feel like something's off (maybe you're a little edgy and nervous, maybe you're more stiff and sore than usual after exercise, maybe you're more emotional), and then you will be a member of the opioid dependency club whether you like it or not. From then on, the highs get less enjoyable and the lows get even lower with every dose.

Please consider making life easier for yourself by stopping the opioid use now, while you are in the experimental phase. You've got the nice parts of what they can provide, it would be a smart idea to not let the drugs become a burden on your life. Imagine yourself spending your prime years as an opioid addict, only being functional when you have some sort of opiate in you, needing to take time and money out of your life to ensure you always have a dose lined up, and hiding your habit from anyone reasonably close to you (try dating as an addict... "What do you do for fun?" "Mostly heroin." "Oh, uhm, I have to leave, I just remembered I have a dentist appointment....")

I feel you there Sekio, I am still young, I am 21 years old and I ruined my best stage of life by simply "experimenting" I am still addicted to opiates and benzos. I have a son, I lost my girlfriend to my addictions (my irritability in WDS) now I only have my family, my mother supports me in everything, less than a month ago she allowed me to grow marijuana for my medicinal and recreational use and she is also helping me to get a kit to grow mushrooms (a few years ago she would never have imagined changing her thinking so much) I live in a difficult country, where the economy is going to shit, we are on our way to being the second Venezuela. I will leave this country as soon as possible. Okay, I got off the topic, I'm trying to give OP advice so that nothing bad happens to him, but according to him he knows what he's getting into, although he doesn't know how he feels yet ... Any young man who is reading this and have a drug problem, please, for your sanity, try to get out of all that shit until you can control it, until you can get your thoughts and convictions clear.

I feel you there Sekio, I am still young, I am 21 years old and I ruined my best stage of life by simply "experimenting" I am still addicted to opiates and benzos. I have a son, I lost my girlfriend to my addictions (my irritability in WDS) now I only have my family, my mother supports me in everything, less than a month ago she allowed me to grow marijuana for my medicinal and recreational use and she is also helping me to get a kit to grow mushrooms (a few years ago she would never have imagined changing her thinking so much) I live in a difficult country, where the economy is going to shit, we are on our way to being the second Venezuela. I will leave this country as soon as possible. Okay, I got off the topic, I'm trying to give OP advice so that nothing bad happens to him, but according to him he knows what he's getting into, although he doesn't know how he feels yet ... Any young man who is reading this and have a drug problem, please, for your sanity, try to get out of all that shit until you can control it, until you can get your thoughts and convictions clear.
I live in a pretty shit country too, so I get where you're coming from. I know you guys don't want others getting addicted and going down a rabbit hole that they might not climb out of. I've seen real addiction before, I know what it is. My cousin, who used to let me get high with him whenever he was around, OD'd real hard. The hospital tried everything thing they could do but he still passed. I'm still grieving, and sometimes I'm so out of my mind with grief that I just wanna go away, these are the times I want to get high, To lessen the state of dolour that I'm in. It really fucking sucks to lose someone to addiction and it's ironic to be going down the same path, but I promised him and myself that I wouldn't. I'm not looking to take meth or fentanyl or crack cocaine or LSD.I promised if I took drugs, I would take Schedule VI and III and some II drugs like Ritalin, Adderall, and Oxycodone. I'm too busy to be high all the time. I'm either working or doing school so I can only get high 1x a week, and I'm keeping it that way. And I know many people say that but I will try my best.

Lyrica and Oxi, good combo but only with tolerance, without tolerance they will destroy you and it will not be fun.
Possible overdose if you don't have a tolerance to both drugs

Personally, I have done this combo many times, but I already had a very high tolerance. A curiosity that I have ... how old are you? I am 21 years old
I'm 19

I'm not looking to take meth or fentanyl or crack cocaine or LSD.I promised if I took drugs, I would take Schedule VI and III and some II drugs like Ritalin, Adderall, and Oxycodone.
The schedule of a drug means nothing with respect to its safety, Cocaine, fentanyl, morphine and meth are both schedule II, whereas THC, LSD, MDMA, DMT, and psilocybin are schedule I in USA...

Ritalin, Adderall and oxycodone are very similar to cocaine, meth, and heroin respectively, in terms of their effects.

Maybe it would be better to start experimenting with psychedelics and marijuana instead.

The schedule of a drug means nothing with respect to its safety, Cocaine, fentanyl, morphine and meth are both schedule II, whereas THC, LSD, MDMA, DMT, and psilocybin are schedule I in USA...
You're right but like I said, I'm not looking for Cocaine, fentanyl, or meth.

You're right but like I said, I'm not looking for Cocaine, fentanyl, or meth.
Psychedelics and marijuana, even ecstasy are drugs that can be used more responsibly and are more difficult to abuse. If you don't want fentanyl, meth or cocaine then let me tell you friend that adderall is an amphetamine, ritalin a stimulant something similar to cocaine (at least for me, in terms of compulsive use) and oxycodone can be the same or more addictive than fentanyl or heroin. The lists that the government created are pointless, putting safe substances like THC and LSD on List 1... like abusive and addictive as heroin and other similar drugs.

Oxycodone is theoretically just as addictive as heroin or fent. Just because it's schedule 2,3,4,5 doesn't mean it's safe. Also fake oxycodone pills are becoming more and more common, they are pressed with fentanyl and the only way to know for sure if they're real is to get them directly from the pharmacy or use a fentanyl test kit.

Your logic checks out as far as a method to not get addicted, but addiction doesn't play by the rules of logic. Just be careful and please do your research and test anything even remotely sketchy.

Alright, I'll be extra careful. Already taking oxycodone but I'll do my more research before I take anymore and anything else.

Last edited:
If you do not get hallucinations of ambien, then you will never have them,
[/QUOTE]
I took the extended release Ambien the last time, maybe I didn't wait enough or take higher of a dose but last night I took the imediant release pills and boy was that a trip. I took em orally and let em dissolve in my mouth, and under my tongue felt a little wierd; Maybe cuz it was numb. I heard multiple vpices talking to me and saw things too, thought it was a dream when I woke up, but I was writing in my book when I got hallucinations. I checked it and sure enough, the stuff that I wrote were all there.

I would try to make your issue into some bite-sized questions because you have a lot of ground to cover in your initial post.

Opioids will definitely make your body feel "heavy" or "sluggish" as an almost default side-effect of most any sedative. Just pay attention to your body and most importantly, your breathing.

Z-Drugs like Zolpidem (Ambien) are not wicked hardcore, but you still need to be careful mixing it with any other CNS depressants like your Oxycodone. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Hi, I'm new to this whole community (unusual to call it that) and I was wondering if you guys could teach me the basic of drugs, like how to snort, how to I.V, how much is too much and etc. I also got my hands on some Ambien and I will gladly welcome the Walrus. I'm planning on taking 3, 10mg tablets before bed and fighting the sleep away. Any tips for that? I have some Endocet too and was wondering if I should snort it or take it orally? I took 20mg of Endocet before, and I my body felt heavy. Did I take too much?

Thanks in Advance :)

If you're a total newb to drugs, can I weigh in on what might be something I can link to your experience already?
You said you were going to "take 30mg of Ambien and fight going to sleep". How did that work out for you?
I have been a heavy drug user most of my life and the first time I took two Zopiclone (same as Ambien) I woke up the next day without any memory of falling asleep. So how did you get on with "fighting to keep yourself awake"?
I'm asking because you're asking about how to IV and snort and generally 'get into drugs'. With that attitude, as a drug newbie, one of the times you didn't manage to fight to stay awake, just like I'm sure you didn't on the Ambien, you will never be waking up.
Over take heroin, even codeine with a few benzos, or even milder shit and drink with it, and often, there is no waking up.
Please just take this one piece of advice, if you have an itch you have to scratch, pop a few codeine, or tramadol, have a few beers with a big fat spliff and play video games or watch Netflix. Whatever it is you enjoy doing, have a few DHC one day, three 10mg Valium a few days later.
Just start slow and find your level. Because IVing a bag of heroin that's bashed with Fent, taking a handful of synthetic opioids with a handful of knock off Flualprazolam Xanax and you're not waking up again, ever.
Start slow, find your level, and above all STAY SAFE!

If you're a total newb to drugs, can I weigh in on what might be something I can link to your experience already?
You said you were going to "take 30mg of Ambien and fight going to sleep". How did that work out for you?
I have been a heavy drug user most of my life and the first time I took two Zopiclone (same as Ambien) I woke up the next day without any memory of falling asleep. So how did you get on with "fighting to keep yourself awake"?
I'm asking because you're asking about how to IV and snort and generally 'get into drugs'. With that attitude, as a drug newbie, one of the times you didn't manage to fight to stay awake, just like I'm sure you didn't on the Ambien, you will never be waking up.
Over take heroin, even codeine with a few benzos, or even milder shit and drink with it, and often, there is no waking up.
Please just take this one piece of advice, if you have an itch you have to scratch, pop a few codeine, or tramadol, have a few beers with a big fat spliff and play video games or watch Netflix. Whatever it is you enjoy doing, have a few DHC one day, three 10mg Valium a few days later.
Just start slow and find your level. Because IVing a bag of heroin that's bashed with Fent, taking a handful of synthetic opioids with a handful of knock off Flualprazolam Xanax and you're not waking up again, ever.
Start slow, find your level, and above all STAY SAFE!
I took the extended release Ambien the last time, maybe I didn't wait enough or take higher of a dose but last night I took the imediant release pills and boy was that a trip. I took em orally and let em dissolve in my mouth, and under my tongue felt a little wierd; Maybe cuz it was numb. I heard multiple vpices talking to me and saw things too, thought it was a dream when I woke up, but I was writing in my book when I got hallucinations. I checked it and sure enough, the stuff that I wrote were all there.

Never heard of that from z drugs before but Triazolam used to be quite trippy for me (and a few mates said the same) so it's not impossible I guess.

Try it out if y'd like, it's nice at first. The side effects r hitting me know tho. Feel real nauseas

Try it out if y'd like, it's nice at first. The side effects r hitting me know tho. Feel real nauseas
I had a good run on Zopiclone (which is pretty much Ambien, those Z drugs don't even differ as much as benzos in their effect) but I'm not really into them now.
I wouldn't say no to a few but my wife literally saved my life when I'd crashed out from Cider, Zopiclone, and Heroin.
I had a piece of chicken stuck at the back of my throat choking on it and she had to get her fingers down my throat and pull it out, was going blue as well.
Apparently I bit her as well quite bad while she was saving my life so If I brought Zopiclone into the house she'd go ballistic.
She never knew I'd had Heroin though or she would have kicked me out there and then!

That's brutal Majj. I remember when my cousin got super high on some opiod and had ordered some pizza. He was inhaling the pizza and started choking on it. He started turning purple and I panicked really hard and punched him in the stomach. Bits of pizza came flying out and he started to gain his color back, as soon as he calmed down he just shoved more pizza down his throat! He was insane guy and couldn't give a fuck about anything. R.I.P Ox Nile

i assume your a bit on the younger side but try avoid getting hooked to these z-drugs and benzos they are by far the worst to get off and my meth head friends all agree that benzos will destory a person worse than meth. Also opiates are a false dream. Don't put LSD in the same place as heroin or meth. LSD itself is a powerful medinece and psychological tool before the government banned to stop the populace waking up and becoming free thinkers.

If your going to get into drugs psychedelics are the ones which will improve your life i.e dmt , shrooms and lsd. Most of the modern techonogoly we have was invented by people on LSD i.e steve jobs without LSD apple wouldn't exist. Cannabis is also alot better if you are looking for a escape and sleep that won't ruin your life in the long term than benzos or Ambien. If your over 18 probably look into trying LSD or shrooms it can give you a life direction and path you want to go on and reveal things about the nature of reality you wouldn't of even dreamed of.

Avoid stimulants like ritalin aswell i was addicted to stimulants and abused ritalin speed heavy that stuff will make you legit crazy in the end and depressed.

i assume your a bit on the younger side but try avoid getting hooked to these z-drugs and benzos they are by far the worst to get off and my meth head friends all agree that benzos will destory a person worse than meth. Also opiates are a false dream. Don't put LSD in the same place as heroin or meth. LSD itself is a powerful medinece and psychological tool before the government banned to stop the populace waking up and becoming free thinkers.

If your going to get into drugs psychedelics are the ones which will improve your life i.e dmt , shrooms and lsd. Most of the modern techonogoly we have was invented by people on LSD i.e steve jobs without LSD apple wouldn't exist. Cannabis is also alot better if you are looking for a escape and sleep that won't ruin your life in the long term than benzos or Ambien. If your over 18 probably look into trying LSD or shrooms it can give you a life direction and path you want to go on and reveal things about the nature of reality you wouldn't of even dreamed of.

Avoid stimulants like ritalin aswell i was addicted to stimulants and abused ritalin speed heavy that stuff will make you legit crazy in the end and depressed.

LSD is a drug just like other drugs. It alters you brain chemistry so that you hallucinate and have synaesthesia. It has zero medicinal properties and if you think they don't cause harm you are sorely mistaken.
One of the side effects of LSD is delusional thinking and paranoia. I guarantee you can't show me any medicinal properties but this line "before the government banned to stop the populace waking up and becoming free thinkers." is poof of delusional thinking.
Also modern technology wasn't invented by people on LSD, some famous people happened to take LSD as a completely irrelevant fact. Your mentioning of Steve Jobs proves this as Jobs never invented anything in his entire life. Wosniak invented everything at Apple and Steve Jobs was a PR and marketing guy.
More proof of delusional behaviour would be claiming that most modern technology was invented due to people on LSD then only being able to mention one person who never invented anything at all.
LSD doesn't reveal anything about reality either. Reality is defined as much by its existence outside of personal experience as what is going on in reality is never altered by one persons experience.
Put simply, you may be tripping balls but reality stays the same for everyone else. If LSD altered anything other than subjective, personal reality, everything that was experienced by the tripper would be experienced by everyone else. It Isn't. Two people tripping don't even have the same experience, it's wholly inside your head and nowhere else.
Telling anyone that recreational drugs will 'improve their life' is harmful, misleading, and downright stupid.