• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

New to methadone....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say if they wanted to compare a dose to oxycodone it would be 2 to 1. So if you take 40mg oxycodone then take 20mg methadone. I would say that would be a very good rule of thumb. I believe most people are very familiar with how much oxy they take so just take half the amount you would of oxy.

Chaos23 said:
10mg each is totally safe as long as you don't have any allergies to it.

in fact, 10mg won't really do very much to you...

ahhh it really bothers me when people say this. just because it doesn't do much to you doesn't mean it wont do something to a person with no tolerance, or maybe you have a natural tolerance. 10mg can be too much for a non-tolerant person who might or might not be sensitive to opiods/opiates. And if you say 10mg wont do very much at all, that could lead the person to at least double (maybe more) the dosage. 20mg would be too much imo for any first timer. please be careful what you say. safety over funty. -Spaz-

I thought methadone was about as strong as morphine, but orally, much more bioavailability. Saying this, how does 10mg kill someone? I tiny kid or a fool mixing with other downers (like alcohol, benzos and so on) can pull a blue. How DOES 10mg kill someone???

How does it? You should be able to figure that on your own. It's happened before, and it'll happen again.

some people are just more sensitive to it's effects.

There's also a massive difference between acute and chronic dosing.

So I should maybe start with one and a half? And since methadone does take so long to kick in.. will re dosing even work to get me a more satisfying high?

and its possible although we both used to be moderatley heavy users but this was like almost 2 years ago. It seems like we both have some natural tolerance because we both took a 30 mg Roxicet each a few months ago and felt no high but we got pin point pupils and a slow feeling just no high. maybe our brain chemistry was wrong at the time

Back a couple of years ago with a very low tolerance to oxys 10 to 20 mg once a month. I was given 10mg of methadone, did'nt do shit for me . then my buddy says try 20mg still didn't feel shit so I gave up on it. then about 6 months later i tryied it again, and wow thats what I needed 30mg's
So I would have to say I think 30mg's could be safe it all depends on your body. I now love methadone and 30mg's is what I take for an excellent high.
Just wish I could find it easier.

OK, today I ran across some methadone and if I want it I can get it...but how much should I taje?? The only opiates I have done is codeine and hydrocodone and I need at least 20-30 mgs of HC to feel something; 20 to feel something, 30 to feel good. So should I take 10 mgs and just wait for the ride?? Or should I start higher??

^

Wait...are you the PharoahFentanyl guy!?

I'd recommend you just start with 10mgs of methadone...and apparently you should give it a few hours at least before redosing, because it can take time for you to really feel it.

PS. Judging by your post I don't think you are PharoahFent after all. :)

Mr Blonde said:
^

Wait...are you the PharoahFentanyl guy!?

I'd recommend you just start with 10mgs of methadone...and apparently you should give it a few hours at least before redosing, because it can take time for you to really feel it.

PS. Judging by your post I don't think you are PharoahFent after all. :)

LOL nah, different guy. But yea I was gonna give it 2, 3 hrs to kick in.

I had another question cause you know, safety first.

1. Judging by the one guy saying 10mgs dropped him like a gun shot wound, it would prolly be wise to take it when I dont have much to do right??

2. After dosing the first time, Im supposed to be fucked up for a long time right? Like at least 12-18 hrs??

3. There is no need for weed and Benadryl and other things to potentiate the opiate right??

4. I read that some people find it recreational and some dont. Is this attributed to the fact that some people like to do drugs to have fun and some like to do them to get fucked up??

I like to try and get as much info as possible before I try something new.

One more question about the high. I love the nod. Any time I get some hydrocodone, I need 30-40 mgs and a antihistamine so I can be knocked out and enjoy rocking in one spot and drifting in and out of consciousness. Is the "euphoria" that people say is absent from methadone that "oooh it feels so good to be this high" feeling that you get from a Lorcet or 3??

Last edited:
The first time I took methadone, I had no tolerance (although I had a very high natural tolerance to opiates, I took 160mg of Oxydose [liquid oxycodone] without getting sick, although I was very high and itchy). I took #5 10mg methadone pills, and was extremely high and nauseous for 3 days. Every morning I'd wake up, expecting to finally be feeling better, and first thing I would do is run to the toilet to puke my brains out. Got very tiring after a while.

Like others have said, I'd suggest starting with 10mg each, and if that doesn't get you where you want to be after 2 hours or so, take another 5 or 10mg. As long as you don't overdo it, you shouldn't have any problems with working the next day, although you might be tired as some people (myself included) have trouble sleeping while high on opiates (instead of sleeping, we nod on and off throughout the night, resulting in an unrestful night).

~CTdopeLove

definitely start with the 10mg. It's not like you can't add more later if you feel the need to. And I don't think non-users really understand just how long it takes to get fully into your system. Wait a good 2-4 hours before redosing, seriously. Before I got on MMT I was doing alot of oxy and hydro and 1 10mg methadose would give me a nice unique high for quite a few hours, two was quite intense. And I had very high tolerance. Please be safe.

you_quero_oxys reading of the Necronomicon has brought the dead back to life, leaving only Mr Blonde to clean up the aftermath with his BOOMSTICK!

boomstick.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.