• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

New one here..

Hey @Psycho_Logic, fellow egoistic asshole, and thanks.
Cool username, fuck mathematical logic ..go straight to psycho-logic, and it has a phonetical pun with it, nice. Probably close behind is opposite-sex-logic. :D English is not my mother tongue either, but reading does a lot to the human brain, recommend it. But it's not like i wasn't bullied for using strange words as well, back in the day. Everything has its flip side..

Cheers

You know how they say "For every flip, there is a flop."...or is it "a candyflip". I don't know, I'm a bit lost at the moment...

I am actually reading quite a bit in English as I can not get many of the books I want to read translated in my native. Actually I like to start 3-4 books and read them interchangeably. At the moment one of the books I am reading is "The Myth of Mental Illness: Foundations of a Theory of Personal Conducts" by Thomas Szasz and have his other book "Our Right To Drugs: The Case for a Free Market" waiting in line. They are both in English. So yeah I am reading in English. I guess I am just envious of your ability to form sentences. Or just plain like the way you express yourself. Well now I am butchering this post. I will stop now. :LOL:

Enjoy the forum!

Pretty sure a "candyflip" is a different kind of animal 😁, but i catch your drift and probably would have prefered that one. Interesting book titles indeed; it seems you are about to emancipate yourself in that regard, hm? Very good! Number one enemy of ideology are informed people, i believe. I'm not against diagnosing or regulation, but i've seen many times what blind acceptance and identifacation with these constructs, and consequently feeling the stigmas and all the rest of it that a particular society attaches to it, does to people. Not pretty.

Greetings.

PS.: Maybe you would enjoy The Meaning of Madness by Neel Burton. Not a masterpiece and in depth but informative and easy to read though.

I would describe myself emancipated in that regard. Although I do not think that consensual relationship with a doctor/psychotherapist is a bad thing. When it becomes one way street and tyranny of the state that is where the troubles begin. Thank you for the recommendation it is going on my to read list. :)