Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

New Drug Testing in Melbourne

payaya

Bluelighter
Hey all whos seen this on the news today? They have this portable machine that detects drugs in your system! They take a swipe of your mouth, and put the sample into a machine similar to a BAC tester! It gives a percentage of whatever drugs are in your system from what i saw. They said it test metha...... whatever and cannibus.

So whoever drives under the influence of drugs watch out!

So what happends when a couple days goes past after taking drugs, you get pulled over and test positive what happens?

hmmm a report was just on the channel 10 news. They said they would be targeting "raves & truck stops/drivers" & also said the swab tests do not detect "Ecstasy & Cocaine".

payaya said:
So what happends when a couple days goes past after taking drugs, you get pulled over and test positive what happens?

Then you shouldnt have taken them in the first place and you are a terrorist...

Thats what they will tell you anyway.....

hmmm seems a bit strange if u ask me
could u brush your teeth, use mouthwash etc and what would the results show up?
i saw the report on chan 7.

--
Methamphetamine is also sold in crudely cut street mixes of party drugs such as ecstasy. It stays in the system for up to eight hours.

The saliva swabs will also detect THC - the active metabolite in cannabis - which stays in the system for up to three hours after use.
--

From the article in the australian quoted by this thread
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=141214

is it possible to get a swab off a bottle top and test it this way?

i swear i thought i saw them doing some tests at riot last week somehow.

or maybe im just a paranoid delusional fuck :)

and on that are they only allowed to do the tests on drivers?

or can they test anyone on reasonable suspicion?

if they test u walking down a road or in a club, but u have no possession will it be possible to be charged with something?

there already is a thread 'Vic drivers risk visit to the drug bus' which covers all the specifics of this issue. My 2c is that it is an unworkeble strategy, fraught with many difficulties that make this seemingly harm reduction measure an open attemp to target drug users for their use not their culpable driving

Random Drugs Testing - Victoria

O.K. They said on the news last nite they are trialling random drug testing for drivers in Victoria and from a saliva swab they can detect Marijuana and speed. A guy came on and said that if you rinse your mouth out with vinegar it neutralises and the drugs cant be detected. Anyone got any info on any of this?

I am also curious about these new tests. From what I understand, you can be charged if any amount of drugs is found in your system. Does anyone have any idea what sort of time frame these drugs can be detected in your saliva? I also heard that the tests are so accurate that blood testing is not needed to confirm results.

It all sounds a bit dodgy to me, especially when it comes to detecting marijuana in a person's body...

wot i found funny is that they said that they will be targeting groups known for using substances such as youths and truck drivers in these random tests

this has also scared me from driving after partying....

but i wonder... what if your drink gets spiked when you are out and then the next day after the alcohol has worn off you get tested and are found to have traces of other stuff in your system... is this not unfair that you get in trouble...

it would be good to find out exactly what these things can pick up in ur system

not to worry everyone... at major dance parties you will soon see machines like at crown where you can test yourself to see if you have drugs in your system for $1

-dee

p.s. i think i heard that these tests cost the gov something like $30 a pop... thats more than popping a pill isnt it

p.p.s mods that is a joke and in no way means to be talking about drug prices

p.p.p.s. anyone know why these things cant pick up pure mdma, corect me if im wrong but mdma is a mathamphetamine and they did say it picks up methamphetamines

so this thing is a trial run? 12 months if not correct me, as far how many of these unit have been purchased we will never know but think about it rationally...

1 - Its a trial run.

2- Therefore not all police officer will be fitted with one, they would be used selectively (ie. targeting certain groups) or in certain areas.

3- Now anyone with a brain wouldn't go out and buy 1000s of these units for all police officers if it was just a trial run.

4- The units them selfs cost i think roughly $8000-$8500 each + $30 per test, officers would be told to use them wisely.

5- Seeing as how this fiasco is quite an expensive one, you will be more likely to get pulled over and asked to submit to a test after a party than on your way home from the supermarket or pub.

I think they will form 'The Super Anti Drug Squad' to target certain kinds not random testing. Meaning ur average police officer wouldn't be fitted with one.

What i am trying to say?
The cannabis competent of the unit has been promoted more so as a deterrent than warning that we are going to get you.

If that didn't make sense i am sorry, i am tired and drunk ;)

your average officer WONT be fitted with one. It's simple economic rationalism, target the area where you will get the most value for money.

Like outside a event somewhere.... Everyone would get busted bar the very few that do go straight.. I'm sure the tow truck companies will love this as well, they'll hit the jackpot lol.

These will test THC and methamphetamine, so yes I would imagine that it will pick up if you have had pills.

The solution is simple, if you are really that concerned, then don't drive. Forget all the ways that you can "cheat" the saliva swab and go for the most sensible option. If you can get someone who isn't using anything to drive, or public transport the journey, then at least you are 100% ensured that you aren't at risk.

easy solution - call a cab.

Let the cabbie get done for being under the influence :)