• 🇺🇸󠁿 🇧🇷 🇨🇦 🇦🇷 🇲🇽 🇹🇹 🇨🇺
    The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

New Bathsalt law and methylone legality

I always thought methylone was automatically Schedule I because its an analog of MDMA (Ecstasy) which has been Schedule I for a while.

Since this is a United States-specific topic, I'm going to move it over to the appropriate regional forum.

Basic Drug Discussion --> North & South American Social & Drug Discussion

the analog act only applies to things for consumtion, tis why JWH-122, jwh-210 and others were still legal when 018 was not. so excluding analog act what is ur opinions

Sucks about all the 2Cs, never got to try them. My guess is the emergency scheduling by the DEA is still in effect until Oct 21, 2012.

Also the DEA has the power to just add them anyway after the 12 month is up so its unlikely to ever be legal again. What a shame.

Also the DEA has the power to just add them anyway after the 12 month is up so its unlikely to ever be legal again. What a shame.
no they need proof of it to be dangerous after the 12 months the 12 months is suppose to research the danger of it but they never did, same with one of those bzp analogs they unscheduled after an emergency scheduling, all the other chems have been proven to be related to death or destruction methylone wasent

Sucks about all the 2Cs, never got to try them. My guess is the emergency scheduling by the DEA is still in effect until Oct 21, 2012.

Thank you for posting this. I had no idea that the 2c series were scheduled.

no they need proof of it to be dangerous after the 12 months the 12 months is suppose to research the danger of it but they never did, same with one of those bzp analogs they unscheduled after an emergency scheduling, all the other chems have been proven to be related to death or destruction methylone wasent

I really don't think it matters regardless. If I were a betting man I'd say they schedule it anyway. No one ever died from Mescaline and its still schedule one. The BZP analog you mentioned, TMFPP, wasn't scheduled because they found that it had no abuse potential because it mostly made users feel like crap. The DEA would probable argue that Methylone has "abuse potential with no acceptable medical uses".

Last edited:
Thank you for posting this. I had no idea that the 2c series were scheduled.

No problem. I was kind of surprised to. It looked like they just lumped all of them on there all at once. There was some other version of the bill to that contained MDAI and a bunch of other things. Apparently that one was not up for consideration.

I don't know about federally, but methylone is illegal under many states' laws.