• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants NEVER HEARD OF THIS ONE BEFORE

2spun4one

Bluelighter
I had a buddy of mine over and i had a small bag with about .2 grams in it on the table. He sprayed butane into the little baggy, putting quite a bit in there actually, then he started moving it around until all of the butane had dried up, saying some old dude showed him this and told him this was a way to wash dope and what was now left in baggy was pure, clean meth. Is that even possible?!?!!

Personally I've never heard of a butane wash. (if you renamed thread 'Butane meth wash even possible?' you'd probably get more responses of those who know)

That is disgusting. I have a 2 year old currently trying to crawl into my eyeball, so I can elaborate later, but I will say that is definitely not cleaning anything and he is adding impurities to his shit.

Does he smoke it? I can see this causing major issues for slammers. Makes me want to gag thinking about it :sick:

Edit: The reason people wash their dope with denatured alcohol, acetone, ect is because they remove some cut, and a lot of impurities from the cook. A lot of those impurities are in the fuel. You can clean the fuel with a water wash and an epsom salt to dry, but there are still a lot of nasties floating around in there. That is where acetone comes in. Butane poisoning is a thing, but I think it would most likely come into play if someone is shooting it or the dope is still wet

Last edited:
Yeah unless he is filtering anything out, squirting poisonous chemicals all over your drugs isnt gonna magically purify it.
I know fuck all about chemistry but it seems your mate knows less!

He's sort of a strange one, i doubt if he regularly does it, he was showing me on what amounted to not very much dope at all, and I humored him by being somehow strangely amazed. I couldn't see for the life of me any scenerio where adding flame to butane and smoking it could end with a good result. Not everyone you meet will necessarily have all of their marbles!

That's gross man, I wouldn't do those drugs if I were you. As axe battler said, adding stuff is bad lol. It sounds like your friend is cutting his product with butane somehow, and that wont help anything.

Im curious. Did you try it? How did you take it? Did you think it seemed purer?

He's sort of a strange one, i doubt if he regularly does it, he was showing me on what amounted to not very much dope at all, and I humored him by being somehow strangely amazed. I couldn't see for the life of me any scenerio where adding flame to butane and smoking it could end with a good result. Not everyone you meet will necessarily have all of their marbles!
Haha especially meth smokers amongst!
Be careful and if he does this again (like if its his shit and he insists) then make sure no butane remains before using....i doubt it would stick around long as its a gas at ro temp and lower.

In theory some lipophilic cuts could be removed by washing with butane, in practice it's hard to do so as butane will boil rapidly at r.t., it shouldn't really do much but make a mess otherwise