• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Recovery Neurological damage, medication intolerance and dark thoughts

Btw is there a reason you're not dismissing suggestions of valerian root as an insult to serious problems discussed? One might have thought that's on a similar level in that regard.
Thats more about just getting some sleep and not resolving symptoms? Considering I can't take anything else.

Thats more about just getting some sleep and not resolving symptoms?

True. But they're both relatively simple easy things that may or may not serve to alleviate symptoms and may or may not be interpreted as an insult to serious problems. That's why i'm asking about the moderation decision (by chinup) to throw a tantrum at one and ignore the other. I think none of them warrant moderation.

Sorry for fucking up your thread a bit. I have a strong addiction to arguing.

Last edited:
Damn man,

Thats kind of where I'm at right now. Looking for a fresh start.

I lived with my mom for a long time (like a loser, but I don't regret being there with her one bit).
She had cancer for a year but it actually ended up being constipation that killed her.

Anyways, we also got kicked out of our apartment in the middle of her treatments.
I chose to move in with an ex of mine who I have since learned is not going to ever change and is abusive and manipulative.
He's definitely schizophrenic and often talks in cryptic code and half the time doesn't make any sense when he talks.
He some how is able to hold down jobs, even working 10 hours a day. I think he's part schizo & part psychopath. Refuses any kind of responsibility for his actions.
Pretends he has no issues going on & doesn't need help & is in his 40's now. I know where this can end up if he don't do something about it.
I stayed so I could keep my doctor and therapist. Now I feel stuck. I can leave, but I know it's going to be an incredible challenge to start all over again.

I'm a big guy and have lived through hell. Normally I'm the aggressor/dominator but never in a million years did I think I'd end up being stuck with some one who treats me like trash & makes me feel weak.

Yeah I don't think chamomile or valerian can really do much during an opiate withdrawal, so that's understandable. Maybe now that the acute phase is over it might be more noticeable.
Can't hurt to try either I guess.

If it helps calm your nerves any, I've known several people in their 50's and 60's, overweight and with co morbidities who got covid and it was very mild for them. Although everyone is different and you said your mom is in the hospital. Hopefully it doesn't progress. I have yet to catch it for some reason & I don't take many precautions other than staying away from people's personal space that I don't know and making sure I wash my hands some times. But that's just me.

Hang in there friend. I'm curious to see what kind of experience (if any) or stress relief you get from the chamomile. I'm talking like 10 tea bags kind of strong. I enjoy it once in awhile but it's nothing extreme. Alcohol also affects the benzo receptor sites, but it's way worse to start drinking IMO.
So I dont want this to come across as off topic because it seems like towards the end of this tread it's been trending more towards sleep issues but as for the general sense of depression and anxiety I do have another tea I swear by for feeling more energetic and happy. It's called Yerba Matte, it's in the green tea family and as I understand it it has a different a type of caffeine in it that gives energy and an overall sense of wellness without any of the anxiety things like to much coffee or a caffeine pill can bring on. I don't know how effective it would be during full out withdraw but for people that have been sober or mostly sober for a couple weeks I bet it would help make some difference. I've never drank too much and I have drank a LOT at points and never have felt badly. Clearly it won't help with sleep so probably limit it to no later then a few hours before you plan on sleeping. It's best brewed powdered through an espresso machine cause it concentrates it best but a big old teabag stuffed with it is almost just as good. Slightly bitter so best had with a little milk or cream and honey. Hope this helps!

Mate is good.Paraguaians,uruguaians drink it through"bombilla"and is a refreshing energize drink similar to green tea.Don't irritate the stomach like coffea and black tea and is a powerful antioxidant and vitamin&minerals source

I love teas!

Lately I've been drinking mullein.

As for the rest of this thread, I have no idea wtf is going on lol

thanks @Mjäll
I've had cat scans done & have had my ears probed in the past few years but they never said anything or saw anything like that, that I'm aware of.
Most of my physical issues started after 2 things, being bit by a random tick & accidentally mixing dextromethorphan/effexor and having convulsions.
I was also smoking meth ontop of high DXM trips & vodka during this period. And then using heroin or benzos to come down from all of it.
I can't help but think some of this had to do with it. lol

I've also been diagnosed as a major depressive, with borderline personality and an anxiety problem.
So at the end of the day, I'd take earwax build up if it were that simple, hell yeah! lol :p

Last edited:
So at the end of the day, I'd take earwax build up if it were that simple, hell yeah! lol :p

it would be fucking lovely wouldn't it!

i suspect you never heard about it because it is unsubstantiated bullshit but we can all dream of simple solutions to our problems. i still treat 'this will stop if i just do nothing but hope it stops' as a valid approach to mental health problems despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary, maybe i'll swap it out for cleaning my ears as the excuse to not do hard work on myself.

wtf is mullein? i am a herbal tea addict, got a full cupboard, how have i never heard of it?!? what effects do you get from it?

it would be fucking lovely wouldn't it!

i suspect you never heard about it because it is unsubstantiated bullshit but we can all dream of simple solutions to our problems. i still treat 'this will stop if i just do nothing but hope it stops' as a valid approach to mental health problems despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary, maybe i'll swap it out for cleaning my ears as the excuse to not do hard work on myself.

wtf is mullein? i am a herbal tea addict, got a full cupboard, how have i never heard of it?!? what effects do you get from it?
Yess!!! Maybe if I just get my ears cleaned, I won't have to be homeless, ever again!!!!!! /s :rofl:

Mullein is a pretty old herb (I guess they all are actually), so that is surprising you hadn't heard of it! :p

Although it's not very commonly sold from what I can tell, at least not in most places that sell tea. I had to find mine online.

Can't say I noticed any real effects in the mind from it, but it's suppose to be for respiratory health. I haven't looked into it's pharmacology but I'm betting it is some kind of mild bronchodialotor. Along with having the usual benefits of other teas, like the flavoniods and what not.

Breathing did feel nicer after drinking a cup. And I'm a 2pk a day smoker (plus all the thc I inhale).
I would liken to feeling like I hit an albuterol inhaler, only much more mild & none of the fast heart rate or CNS stimulation of albuterol.

Overall, I'd say it's a good herb to have around during those seasons where you feel you might get sick or catch a cold, as it could help assist opening up the lungs.

I will have to do some more digging about it though.
I'm a bit of a tea fanatic and there are a lot out there I'd still like to try (or try again). Especially any with some psychoactive benefits.

Last edited:

I could have been wrong about it being a bronchodialator and it was all placebo. :unsure: Although it does say it's used to treat tuberculosis. I tried I guess. lol

Either way, I recommend all tea enthusiasts like me to get some.

Last edited:
Can't say I noticed any real effects in the mind from it, but it's suppose to be for respiratory health. I haven't looked into it's pharmacology but I'm betting it is some kind of mild bronchodialotor. Along with having the usual benefits of other teas, like the flavoniods and what not.
sweet i'm gonna look for some.

i don't smoke anything now unless i'm having a lapse on hard drugs. but my lungs are fucked. i had like a million rounds of testing and they couldn't figure out whats up. probably because there just aren't that many people who have smoked a stupid amount of crack/heroin so theres not a simple diagnostic test to see what's up and determine the treatment. steroid inhalers work in that they mean the methocoline challenge doesn't affect my lung function very much, but not in that they prevent me randomly losing the ability to breathe and needing an ambulance. i've given up having more tests cos the results aren't even consistent from day to day. so am pretty much willing to try any old shit at this point. something that has actually been used for bronchitis is wort a shot.

Last edited by a moderator:
sweet i'm gonna look for some.

i don't smoke anything now unless i'm having a lapse on hard drugs. but my lungs are fucked. i had like a million rounds of testing and they couldn't figure out whats up. probably because there just aren't that many people who have smoked a stupid amount of crack/heroin so theres not a simple diagnostic test to see what's up and determine the treatment. steroid inhalers work in that they mean the methocoline challenge doesn't affect my lung function very much, but not in that they prevent me randomly losing the ability to breathe and needing an ambulance. i've given up having more tests cos the results aren't even consistent from day to day. so am pretty much willing to try any old shit at this point. something that has actually been used for bronchitis is wort a shot.
Definitely can't hurt to try some mullein, even if it's just temporary relief from your symptoms.

You don't have asthma or anything do you? Yeah there's no telling really. I have smoked a lot in my life as well, 2pks a day for 20 years, lots of weed, lots of synthetic shit, chemicals, etc..
I'm surprised my breathing isn't that bad. Hopefully I didn't jinx myself. lol

I have a little trouble breathing when I first wake up. I notice it gets better as the morning gets going though. Sorry to hear you're dealing with that & hopefully they get it figured out.
And maybe it'll be something simple & can be taken care of with inhalers or what not. Or you may heal in time.

I should really cut back on my smoking honestly.

Was the seroquel 50mg instant release, slow release?

I'm a trainwreck at anything to do with self-maintenance, self-care. But a sauna sounds like a good ticket for hypersensitivity. Might just give you an afternoon of relief. That loving awesome HEAT. At the very least, a real good prescription for the worries.
🥰

Definitely can't hurt to try some mullein, even if it's just temporary relief from your symptoms.

You don't have asthma or anything do you? Yeah there's no telling really. I have smoked a lot in my life as well, 2pks a day for 20 years, lots of weed, lots of synthetic shit, chemicals, etc..
I'm surprised my breathing isn't that bad. Hopefully I didn't jinx myself. lol
i do have asthma but it isn't bad enough to explain the severity of symptoms i get sometimes.

I should really cut back on my smoking honestly.
do!

i failed to quit on and off since i was 21. finally managed just over a year ago . i didn't get all the amazing effects people talk about but i'm sure its done me good.

Valerian is actually not that bad

I first used it 10 years ago when I didn't have a perma tolerance to anything that acts on GABA. I had an amazing sleep and woke up feeling so rested.

Do not waste your time or moneys on capsules, what you need is FRESH valerian tincture

I stole 8 of them earlier today and naturally ignored the directions to take 2ML

I consumed 100ML instead and actually feel pretty good!