• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids nervous, threw up dilaudid 6mg

Status
Not open for further replies.

smallduracell

Greenlighter
Apologies in advance if I'm just being a worry wart

I took three 2 mg dilaudid pills on a non-empty stomach (popcorn and yogurt), then got bad anxiety about the idea and maybe ten/fifteen minutes later made myself throw up until nothing else came up... and then drank a glass of water and made myself throw up again until I was coming up empty. Am I going to be okay? I don't want to even feel any effects anymore, and I certainly don't want to OD.

Ultimately depends on your tolerance. Do you take opioids regulary ?
Iirc the bioavailability of oral hydromorphone is pretty low and you threw all up 6mg after 15min so nothing really should have been absorbed in that time.

No, I don't. Years ago I did, but that was like... 8 years ago? So no tolerance, anymore.

editing to add that I'm the kind of person to get focused on worst case scenarios, and so of course I'm worried that the pills are stuck in my stomach, being so small or whatever.

No, I don't. Years ago I did, but that was like... 8 years ago? So no tolerance, anymore.

editing to add that I'm the kind of person to get focused on worst case scenarios, and so of course I'm worried that the pills are stuck in my stomach, being so small or whatever.

Did you see the pills getting back up again ?
Iirc a dangerous dose of hydromorphone is 0.1-0.2mg oral, so in case you didn't throw up the 6mg you should get really high, but imo it wouldn't kill you.
But if you're really worried, get someone to monitor you or go to the ER

Ah, that's the thing. With having eaten the popcorn, the vomit is all full of small white particles. I can't tell.

As of now it's been at least 45 minutes since I took them and vomited them, and probably closer to an hour, and I don't feel high. Just tired, but that could just as easily be from the brief anxiety attack and making myself throw up twice. If they were still in my system, would they have kicked in by now?

Yeah, one hours should be more than enough for you to feel it, so I guess you puked everything up.

Ah, that's a bit of relief. Thanks for replying. Do you suppose it'd be safe for me to go to sleep?

Imo yes, but just to be safe try to stay awake for another hour or so :)
And report back tomorrow!

I will, thank you! And I'll definitely report back, especially for other future neurotic worry-warts like myself who definitely did some googling to try and figure this out without having to sign up and ask, haha.

6mg orally isn't a fatal dose in the slightest even to someone with zero opiate tolerance. You were probably just being overly worried.

That reminds me of the first time I was going to roll with my sister. I was in my early twenties and I took the pill and immediately started getting scared, like "shit, what did I do!!" I started making myself throw up, but by the time I started 20 or 30 minutes had already passed and all I threw up was water (I had taken it on an empty stomach)
My sister assured me that I was going to be ok and helped me chill out. I wasn't feeling anything, so I figured maybe I did throw it up. Fast forward another half hour-forty five minutes and it started to hit me.
Long story short, by the end of the night/very early morning and 3 more pills later, I had a blast and went on to roll at least 20 more times.
I have a habit of being a bit of a neurotic too, lol

I'm going to close this now.
OP feel free to PM me, if you want me to re-open the thread or have a question :)

Status
Not open for further replies.