• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs Negative Side effects from Etizolam ?

I use it once or twice a week. Never had any eye twitching but tiz makes me so tired it is not a good day time benzo IMO. My nips are fine, actually ever since I quit kratom I have more strength at the gym, I think kratom suppresses testosterone a bit.

It also can make me irritable if taken alone, once I smoke weed with some etizolam that's where the magic happens my friends.

Either irritability or depressed mood on certain occasions, cognitive fog, low libido, right eye twitches, poor concentration, apathy, poor word recall, digestive issues, weird tingling or very slight numbing of the throat, compulsive behavior, withdrawal etc... not to say there weren't pleasant effects, I just assume you want the negatives.

^I remember you saying that you would be the last person we'd find going through etizolam withdrawal lol. Not being a dick at all, just wanted to point out that most of us did not plan on taking it daily

Haha your right, I did... but that's because I had a very strict schedule and I never used every day, except for 1 fucking week and that threw me over the edge.

For almost 6 months I used 2x a week, rarely and I do mean rarely 3x for only 3 weeks out of each month and never had an itch to use more, then some shit happened and I self medicated with etiz for a week and that was enough to really screw me over... it was incredibly stupid to use that week straight but hey, what can you do but pick up and move on.

Last edited:
Sorry man I wasn't trying to remind you of anything. I was trying to make a point to others on how easy it can happen to the best of us. I'm glad to hear that you've almost made it through to the other side.

Wow, that did read out pretty bad huh? Sorry, that sounded alot better in my head. I actually wrote that with a chuckle because your right, I never thought I would happen to me... I get your point, people need to be very careful with benzos... and it's a point that I 100% agree with.

happy 1000 posts. ROXI :)

Anyways yes it is happening to the best of us.. ME! lol
I'm such a sarcastic prick, trying to heal with humor. Sorry!

I agree 100% too, and IMO and so far experience etiz wds don't seem like regular benzo wds.
Or it may be another factor playing a role in it, i will find out in a couple days.
Tomorrow's another day :) i just gotta keep a positive attitude.

-HOOD

I agree 100% too, and IMO and so far experience etiz wds don't seem like regular benzo wds.
Or it may be another factor playing a role in it, i will find out in a couple days.

What was your dosage/duration of use? I've never experienced them, and since I was so stupid with opioids I tend to treat it a little more cautiously when it comes to extended amounts of use. Just curious :)

In what way do your etiz w/ds seem different? 'Easier' to deal with psysically and mentally or 'harder'? I have read several times that with it being a thienobenzo rather than a strictly traditional benzo that the w/ds from etiz are more forgiving compared to a traditional type of benzo.

Ive lost count of how long ive been using etiz for now, and am having trouble getting started on my taper.

Blepharospasms, bitch-tits, beer belly, random leg muscle misfires, decreased and/or non-existant sex-drive, amnesia, delayed reaction speed, memory problems, thought-blocks, and then of course the withdrawal hasn't even begun yet.

Enjoy.

Oh shit...is this common? And does it go away?

(Anecdotal report) ^It subsides after cessation but you have to work some of it off like anything else. I actually noticed this when in the shower I started to notice my dick was barely visible below my stomach while looking straight down (hold the penis jokes plz) whereas the rest of my body never gained any mass and I've always been thin enough to see all of my junk :) This was after a month solely using etiz and went away after stopping and hitting the gym a bit harder.

My belly was big enough with the liver problem, I did notice it got a little larger. The worst side effect is suddenly one of my eyes will start burning and tear up without warning. Then it just goes away quick as it came.

To those who asked me..
It seems to be painful physically. I don't know how to describe the pain.
I'm trying to rule out the pain from etiz wds from being associated with oxcarabazepine as we speak.. could be either of them causing it.
Feels like my muscles AND bones are deteriorating to nothing and very fragile.
Bone and muscle aches is a side effect of the oxcarb that i had just started tuesday which is about when the pain started.
I am off it now (today is my first day w/o it) so we'll see if i improve any but i woke up this morning sore as a mofo.
My daily dose was 8mg/day to the person who asked. I took 2mg 4x day.
Now i take 1.5mg 4x day so it seems quite odd that just a little drop of dose like that can cause the physical problems i am experiencing
(which is why im trying to rule out the oxcarb to figure out if maybe i have some other type of problem that benzos were covering up for me the whole time i was on them)
I donno what else to say really.. I didn't experience any of these problems coming off clonazepam which is why i say it's different.
It's more "painful" if you will, that's as far as i've gotten in my taper so far.
I'll update as my dose drops more and i'll let everyone know if it turns out that the oxcarbazepine was causing the muscle/bone pain.

-HOOD

Are you familiar with opioid withdrawals? Kind of like that?

I've just never used benzos (thienos) back to back enough to develop a dependency and am curious.

Oh yes, familiar with opiate/opioid wds.. this pain and aches seem more severe and tend to be more upper body. In opiate wds it is usually knee pain and lower body pain that bothers me.

Oh yes, familiar with opiate/opioid wds.. this pain and aches seem more severe and tend to be more upper body. In opiate wds it is usually knee pain and lower body pain that bothers me.

Holy fuck. Yeah, same here, and it's bad enough when it's in your legs. Damn. Everything I read made out gabageric w/d to be as bad or worse than opioids. I guess after going to far with one thing I learned my lesson. I hope :)

I believe benzos´withdraws have more psychological effects.

^So true, it's so hard to properly judge what is really going on with your body when your fight-or-flight response is rolling full steam ahead.

Well the big belly/male breast stories have scared me straight. Thanks for pointing that out.

That's a deal breaker for me.