• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Need some info ASAP about my Suboxone doctor.

Sub_me_

Greenlighter
So here is the story I have been on Sunitex maintenance for about 3 months. The doctor I eventually found seemed great reading reviews etc. I decided to give him a try so I called his office set up and appt. He got me in fairly quickly due to that he is a surgeon and nutritionist and only deals with his addiction patients on tues and fridays only and handles quite a bit of patients. I arrived prepared ready to tell him my story he was a really cool guy laid back listened and explained to me that i was a new patient so it would be 200$ forst visit then 140$ each one after, first month I saw him 3 times then told me after that it would be monthly 140$. Cost ran up quick the first month because i saw him so many times plus to fill the scripts of subutex and klonopin he wrote me. Was always in and out real quick occasional piss test etc. Which would be an extra 15$ everytime he felt i needed to be tested. At the end of each appt im now at my montly visits he gives me a choice of either friday or tues between 11-4pm lets me pick a time them im back to see him on the mark. My question is is that I saw him 29 days ago my appt is 230pm tomorrow (tuesday 11th). I called him on june 22nd letting him know to let me know of any openings came up that friday or following tuesday because of switching a job i would get paid until that friday. He saod he would let me know. 2 weeks go by with me occasionally calling to remind him so this happened today he asked me if we were still on for tomorrow at 230pm and i said i cant make it because i dont get a check till next week and i cant afford to make it please try to get me in next week on payday he kind of stop answering back. He is a big texter for some reason. I eneded it with asking him a series of questions like you have me at 2 subs a day (i know huge dose but plan on tapering to 1mg by next month) and benzos for 3 months (2mg klonopin 3x a day) helps alot because of my anxiety was on xanax before but made me loopy pins keep me clear.. on top of that 1 ambien 10mg a night to help with sleep.. and im about down to my last dose literally. I dont want to fall off the wagon but if i cant get in i will be suffering wds from subs and benzos. I also asked has any other patients showed up and cant pay? Or is there a legal paper i can sign to pay double a visit next time i come back? Anyone have exp on this i have to go tomorrow which most likely i wont because he stopped answering me well i texted him kind of late so ill see tomorrow. Is there anyway i can still go?

Last edited:
Is this treatment not covered under insurance? Do you have insurance? Are you in the USA? It just seems shady to me. I need a little more information.