• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Need some help from pple who know a lot about benzos to help me stop IV midazolam

Axolotl010

Greenlighter
Hi, i know this website for a while and i always find answers but this time i need some more personal advice to help me get ridd off my midazolam IV addiction. Sorry i know this is a long post but as nobody knows me i belive i need to introduce at least a little bit my drug habits in order to get a better answer!!

So my problems with drugs started long ago but nothing fucked my life more than those delicious hydros i use to get while living in Canada. Cause of them and other small legals problens i got jailed a few weeks and then deported back to switzerland.

I got lucky cause the summer i got deported to switzerland they where just starting to give addicts a new 24h slow relase morphine sulfate gel caps wish worked fine

The problem is that i wasnt following the treatment and i was shooting most of them and they have some sort of wax that was hurting a lot my veins and i guess my body. (So to any swiss reader dont f..cking IV the Sevre longs even micron filters dont take the wax away)

Where i was living there was no heroin program so i decided to move to a smaller city where there is such famous swiss program wish has helped me a lot and right now i get 200mg IV or IM in the morning + 360mg of those morfs (i take them IV at home ) and in the afternoon i get the exact same amount

i would say my opiate problems are in good hands and tbh with you guys once you get all the opiates you need for free your life completly change and the worst addiction there is turns into a health issue!

But as i said my opiate problem is in good hand but , i still have a huuge problem that is f..ucking my life and i cant stop it and i need help from people who have lots of experiences with benzos and hypnotics.

I have been doing benzos since i was 14 , i remember back then i use to steal some drops of my moms rivotril or my grandad oxazepam, but i was never really hooked into them until i came back to switzerland and meet those delicious blue pills called Dormicum 15mg and in less than a month i was doing 10 of them a day, always same ritual : spoon , some citric acid to get a ph under 4 , filter and bang... then all my problems where no problems and all my sadness and depression was away and i use to sleep or be in a sleeping -dreaming mode all day long

My drs where aware of that problem but the clinics that give opiates have a no dormicums policy and i cant go see a Dr to get them cause i would get kicked out of the heroin program for seeing another DR

So my problem is that im completly hooked on those midazolams, ive managed to reduce my consomption from 150mg to 30mg a day usually one in the morning early afternoon and one before bed wish is great but not enough!!. This pills are "very expensive" but the cost cant be compared to a (coke, meth or dope habit)

i know i cant give prices here but half my food weekly budget goes into that and thats the cash i should be using to go.out, meet girls or have fun!!

So, my Drs are aware of that problem but refused to give me midazolam but to prevent withdrawls i get 6mg of Xanax a day and to help me sleep i get 16mg of ambien (zolpidem) wish do works, specially those days i cant find a dormicum i can still sleep but the next day i will look for them like crazy. By now the longer i managed to stop has been 36h

Right now like today i got a blister of 10 roofies but i just took 2mg and i dont feel much, last time it took me 4mg to feel some sort of nice feeling and roofies are supposed to be forbidden here only a few Old dudes can still get them and they have special ultra secured prescriptions so i can only get a blister once a month and they cost half the price of midazolams. So even roofies dont take away midazolam addiction and only few people lrefers them

im gonna see my Dr soon and i have been taking 6 mg of xanax for more than 3 years now and i dont feel nothing when i take them but i do feel like shit when i forgot to take them sometimes i wake up in the middle of the night wondering why i feel like crap and i remember i didnt took my xanax.

So my Dr is very open minded about trying other benzos, we have discusses Clonazepam, she said it was ok. Ativan should also be Ok , clorazepate too wish means i can pretty much get any benzo i want as long as they are not "strong hyptnotics or barbiturates. i alredy asked for triazolam (halcion) she said no but i can still try again but i have very very little hope (temazepam is not available here and ive tried it alredy a relative sent me a few bottles from France and i dont remember them doing the trick, actually they where so sweet they tasted like candys and inate them like candys)

So my question is , Do you guys think there is some sort of "exotic" benzo that could maybe help me ? A benzo that is available here in switzerland , some of those benzos that are very uncommun and Drs dont even know about sometimes!

I really need to stop my midazolam addiction i know i wont be able to IV any other benzo but even if i cant stop midazolam wish "classic" benzo should i ask to my Dr to replace 6mg of Xanax?

Thanks in advance for your advices!!

Have you looked into getting into Clorazepate (Tranxene) maintenance? I was under the impression that they offered this sort of thing in Switzerland?

Hi. Thanks for your answer yes clorazepate is super popular here i think i even wrote it down in the thread its one of the "classics" my Dr would be very happy to give me that instead of Xanax but why do you think clorazepate will help me ? To stop Midazolam or to replace Xanax?

I asked the nurse this morning while i went to do my morning shot at the H clinic and she sayd they are thinking to switch me to clonazepam and she told me to be very greateull to get zolpidem in a SR formulation cause very few of us get that one. Wish i agree is pretty strong but nothing compares to IV midazolam and thats the big problem.

im gonna go see my Dr and ask her exaclty wish benzos is she willing to give me and then get back here and post that list. Im also gonna try to convience her to give me triazolam but asi i said i have little hope.

In the mean time im gonna do some research in old threads and other websites about clorazepate. I think i can easly get my hand in a bunch of those ones "for nuts" so i could try without asking the Dr cause once im off Xanax i doubt i could get back on it cause is starting to get abused here and they are restricting it more and more.

Also!! if someone has experience with some of those uncommon benzos like nitrazepam or botrizelam and think they could help me i would really appreciate your comments.

Thanks ^^

I know this is really off-topic but how the FUCK do people even get hold of these drugs. I struggle getting codeine and when I do get it, it's usually from a friend who had some lying around.

Everyone else seems to be able to get hold of whatever they please, if I'm not mistaken midazolam is used for putting patients unconscious for short periods of time used by dentists in the UK. At least that's what they give me when I was put asleep at the dentists, so pretty serious stuff really.

I wonder if it's because I live in England and everything is much harder to get hold of here compared to the US and other countries.

Fermonos, Switzerland is very progressive and liberal in regards to its drug laws and drug treatment schemes. They're probably the most liberal in the world, if not tied for that spot with Portugal. The low countries are known to be pretty liberal as well, but Switzerland seems to really take the cake. Prescribing Benzodiazepines to anybody in maintenance is sacrilege in the United States. Only severe, medically debilitating conditions like epilepsy warrant co-occuring treatment with Benzodiazepines and Opioid Agonists. We also don't have Heroin clinics... :(.

Midazolam (Versed, Dormicum) is a pretty obscure drug to come across. I'll admit, I was pretty surprised too, but I'm well aware that different drugs enjoy varying levels of popularity in different regions of the world. In the United States, I'd venture to say that literally 99.99% of prescribed Midazolam is given in pre-operation setting by the intravenous route. Very rarely do we encounter American folks who get a hold of Midazolam tablets. It's usually prescribed to some of these people with extreme, seemingly untreatable insomnia, as a last plan of attack.

Now, OP, I recommended the Clorazepate (Tranxene) maintenance with the idea in mind that you were wanting to completely cease the abuse of Benzodiazepines. The withdrawal syndrome from long-term, high-dose Benzodiazepine use is quite severe and would leave many completely unable to function. Hence, the next best thing is having a long-acting Benzodiazepine in your system. I agree that Clonazepam (Klonopin, Rivotril) might be a first step, as it has a longer duration of effect than something like Midazolam, but it's not as huge of a leap as going to say Clorazepate or Chlordiazepoxide (Librium).

I havent seen the Dr yet so i cant say wish benzo she will put me on. I tried some bromazepam last week i didnt felt much it was 60mg and they dont have it at the clinic so they will have to order it and i may have to pay so i think im going for clonazepam instead of xanax so i will see if it helps a bit. The main problem i will face when stopping midazolam will be the needle ritual so i will have to work on that too.

And i made another post about the drug scene in switzerland i dont know how to post the link but some people found it very interesting and i was happy to write it and share even if deleted twice by mistake and lost like 4 h written it.

And f...ck i saw you guys in USA are using midazolam to put death row inmates to sleep. Is the stupiedst shit ive never seen i have no idea how stupid or cruel and bed person the dude who came with thay idea is

Even at huge doses as long as you dont close your eyes you wont sleep its not an anesthetic like propofol and at huge doses the PH is very acidic so if just 1ml burns like hell if they put 150mg at once in 10 or 20ml or more he will feel all his veins are burning like burning alive !! I was schocked to read that.

Yea US sucks drugwise I hate it here. Our GOV is kinda like those ppl that used a swastika... I LOVE you Swiss ppl tho ya chocolate is MY SHIT!!!!.. Also you quys seem really cool, and friendly too ha!

Yea US sucks drugwise I hate it here. Our GOV is kinda like those ppl that used a swastika... I LOVE you Swiss ppl tho ya chocolate is MY SHIT!!!!.. Also you quys seem really cool, and friendly too ha!

you mean.. you mean the Nazis, right?
dear lord