Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Need some advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

whiskedaway

Greenlighter
Ok this is a very sensitive topic for me so please think before replying. Basically after having a few kids I've added a few kilos, Ive always struggled with my weight and used to use shakes, exercise, and duromine, none of which are working anymore, its like once you have a few kids your body just doesn't lose weight, Now im on tramadol which apparently causes weight loss well apparently not in my case, was told valium will do it but im on that too nothing. :(

Im getting married soon and want to look a lot slimmer, I used to be a nice size 10, if I don't lose the weight the only option I have left is to get lap band surgery next year. Ive ordered stuff online before like modafinil and the same site also sells Strattera does it cause weight loss and can we legally import it? otherwise does anyone else know anything else that causes weight loss I can import, nothing avail in aus works. what about vyvanese Ive heard people talk about it, its on the poisons 8 not controlled substance list has anyone tried importing this?

also I should mention I have arthritis and fibro so need to lose weight for health issues

It'll need to be attempted holistically, meaning just one strategy ie pills/drugs will have a much higher chance of being successful whilst coupled with balanced diet and regular exercise.

You mentioned arthritis so I'd suggest low impact stuff like rowing, cycling, swimming, aqua aerobics.

I'd be inclined to up your caffeine intake, exercise as often as possible and eat smart.

Best of luck!

Can you please explain your diet to us. Doing all of those other things can help, but something as simple as cutting out sugar based drinks and replacing it with water lost me darn near 15 kg. There isn't a human body immune to losing weight.

Caffeine is a terrible suggesting for weight loss, and even it if were to assist in anyway the negatives would outweigh all. Trust me on that one.

I feel that seeing as this is a Harm Reduction Forum, the suggestion of taking any drugs for the purpose of weight loss is always going to cause a degree of harm. Anyone I've know to be put a duramine regime ususally exhibit the lack of self control, and do not lose wight because they still eat like pigs. Most people can't accept the fact that you only get out what you put in, and if you continue to pollute your body with crap....

I'm not saying this is your case but you have left your situation open to speculation. Honestly and openly talk about your diet and then maybe there will be someone here who can help. At the end of the day, you got duramine (assuming through correct medical avenues) so your doctor should know your situation and should be a greater source of information.

I know you're sensitive about your situation, but i'm a realist. So if I offend in anyway I apologise. I'm sure if you were really concerned that there was nothing you can do, you could always opt for liposuction.

Stop eating any carbs except for the mornings (have a some toast or porrige with low fat yogurt n fruit)

Lunch just have steamed veges and some chicken. Ive passed this advise to a few friends and it really helped them. Excerise will speed up the weight loss tremendously but you still works without.

Since we are not hunting and gathering for our food and or shelter these days our bodys dont need the huge amount of energy that carbs give us, usually we will eat dinner +including carbs and just sit in front of the telly which dosnt use much energy at all and then that energy is turned to fat.

Eat skinned raw carrots and lightly steamed (still crunchy) broccoli. Also raw tree nuts are great for mid day boost of energy and other helpful nutrients.

Its all about what u eat, even if your excerciseing you need to watch your intake

people make weight loss fat too complex as it really is a very basic equation.

expend more energy than you consume and your body will use your fat stores for energy. so that means eat smart, exercise and you will lose weight. if you don't do both it's not going to work. yes there are other methods to lose weight but show me one that is successful in long term weight loss?!?! you should aim for slow consistent weight loss not fast erratic weight loss.

do a journal to keep check of your daily intake/output - guaranteed if your output is greater than input you will shed the kilos

You previously asked about how easy it was to obtain ritalin, now you're asking if anyone's imported controlled substances .

sounds fishy or bacony.

Caffeine is a terrible suggesting for weight loss, and even it if were to assist in anyway the negatives would outweigh all. Trust me on that one.
why is it a 'terrible' idea?

i only suggested it for the energy to get active (perhaps i should have specified as you did). a coffee or two aint gonna kill. its not like suggesting a crystal habit.

i have to laugh everyone is an expert in this field when in reality its just common sense.

lol i just read liposusction seriously dont even bother replying smh
expend more energy than you consume
agree

Last edited:
I used to be a nice size 10, if I don't lose the weight the only option I have left is to get lap band surgery next year

Obviously this is a personal question so feel free to skip it. But i thought I'd look at it from a different angle:

I can understand wanting to look the way you did before, and weddings are a time where there's pressure to look as good as you can.

But, what does your partner think about the way you are now? And what do you think?

Could it not be possible to over size ten and still look good. IMO, people who look healthy look good. Surgery and drugs may not be as necessary as it seems.

Again, just my opinion and questions. Don't need to explain your motives if you don't want to.

whiskedaway, I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to close this. We can't advise you on what drugs to import as in the vast majority of cases this will be illegal to do. Also, it would be contrary to our goals as a harm reduction site to list a whole lot of drugs that aren't strictly meant to be used for weightloss. It's not just your thread - we never allow threads on 'what 'legal'/RC drugs should I import to get high' either, as Drug_Mentor wrote in another thread'
Drug_Mentor said:
We are here to help people with questions they have about drugs they are interested in, not provide them with a whole list of drugs that they weren't previously aware of to go and try.

You m ight find the Healthy Living section of the forum useful for non drug methods of weightloss. All the best, and you're welcome to pm me with any questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.