• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Need some advice on serotonin syndrome after effects..

D

Drpepper2

Hi everyone I really don't know where to go for this but I'll explain my situation:

I started abusing dxm about a year ago, it wasn't an everyday thing but whenever i could get my hands on some, i would binge on it like 3-4 days in a row. Well eventually this caught up with me and I got I would say Moderate serotonin syndrome, this was about a month ago. It didn't come from mixing drugs or taking ssris or anything like that, it was just brought on by the DXM by itself. I know it was serotonin syndrome because it was a rapid onset of tachycardia, fever, stiff muscles, and severe agitation, just thinking about it scares the crap out of me. I waited it out on the day it came on and it went away around that night, the symptoms progressively faded.

The next morning, the symptoms came back, and I manned up and just told my dad i needed to go to the hospital. At the hostpital they injected me with ativan which cured me right away. They knew something was wrong because I was hooked up to a heart monitor and within seconds, my bpm went from 91 bpm to 154 bpm. Anyways I'm just going to get to the point and ask for some advice because right now I'm really terrified at the damage i may have potentially done to myself.

After that incident I've been getting random muscle spasms at any part of my body, they don't hurt but they're kind of just there. Now though, I'm twitching randomly like for example my neck might twitch, or my arm or my leg. Sometimes as i'm walking, my leg will twitch and i'll stumble a bit. The spasms come and go but Im really scared i might go into a seizure or something because sometimes it sure feels like it. But i was hoping somebody would have some advice for me or let me know if they've been through something like this...

Thanks for your time.

Have you been taking any other drugs since that time? Alcohol, weed, psychedelics, opiates, benzos, muscle relaxers, anything? Do you exercise much? How old are you?

A lot of people confuse serotonin syndrome for plain DXM overdose.

If you're twitchy and spastic my only idea is to take some calcium/magnesium/zinc and ensure you have a good diet.

A lot of people confuse serotonin syndrome for plain DXM overdose.

If you're twitchy and spastic my only idea is to take some calcium/magnesium/zinc and ensure you have a good diet.

I think a lot of people confuse serotonin syndrome with a variety of negative effects/overdoses. From what I've read it's pretty serious, especially when clonus and fever are present. It really seems like people have come to associate it with general overdose which certainly would share some symptoms.

I think getting a lot of exercise everyday, is the best you could do for your self right now.

Join a gym, and start running every morning. And as Seiko said, get some multivitamin tablets aswell as some calcium/magnesium supplement.

Yoga and meditation might also be really beneficial for you. Obviously muscle relaxers could help if it gets really bad, but I would personally advice against taking any drugs at all untill you feel a lot better.

Hey everyone, sorry for the late reply. I understand why so many of you think it wasn't serotonin syndrome because of its rarity, but please understand what i went through was absolutely one of the most scariest experiences of my life. I could NOT sit still, all I could do is pace around and beg God to let it stop. I felt like i was dying and my heartbeat was out of this world fast. There were times these "waves" would hit really intensely and i felt like i could not breathe. Luckily nothing serious happened to me but believe me when I say it wasn't just an overdose. The day I got it, I only ingested 600mg and it hit out of nowhere.

I haven't ingested absolutely any drugs at all since that incident (a little over a month ago) because I'm terrified of getting it again, and I'm afraid of the damage it may have done. I've been trying to get into lifting weights again, but these spasms/"twitches" are really scaring me because sometimes they are very frequent. Everything else is fine, save for the random depersonalization/derealization but those aren't frequent enough for me to be worried about. Anyways thanks for the advice guys and I will definitely start exercising as soon as possible.

Have you been taking any other drugs since that time? Alcohol, weed, psychedelics, opiates, benzos, muscle relaxers, anything? Do you exercise much? How old are you?

I'm a 20 year old male (look way younger) I've been mildly lifting weights but no cardio at all. I haven't taken ANY drugs since then, which was about a month and a week ago.