• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Need information on fentanyl and methadone please

Finally someone who actually gives me real information rather then a warning.

Well, I scrapped off the glue like stuff on a fent patch tried smoking it. Did nothing. Took the glue stuff off another patch and sucked chewed on it. FINALLY I noticed something. but all it did was make me extremely drowsy, and for only like an hour at best. No euphoria, no increase in tolerance (still felt opana later that night when i snorted it). Basically nothing good.

So, i'm either going to try to extract the fent using the alcohol technique (which will be the last time I care to try messing with this fent). Or I'm just going to sell them to someone that can actually get high off of them.

I realize I have a high tolerance due to the opana. But Fentanyl is supposed to be for people WITH a high tolerance.

this whole thing has been very disappointing. Maybe I'll give that methadone a try next.

^

You just described all your gonna get out of fentanyl. Don't bother doing any goofy alcohol techniques because your just gonna end up being unhappy with the results.

Now for the methadone, dont expect big things out of it either. These two drugs are not good for euphoria, its just the way they are.

^ I actually liked methadone (more than fentanyl for sure), and it's kinda similar to oxymorphone in that it lasts for a long time, and is a particularly 'noddy,' sedating opiate. It's just the dosing that is tricky with it since it takes a good while to kick in, which causes a lot of people to redose before the first dose hits them, causing them to be a lot higher than they intended, which can have some bad results. If you find the right dose though it will last all day, but after a few consecutive days it is hard to get high off of, hence people on MMT not getting high.

My biggest problem with methadone is the constipation, maybe this has something to do with it's long half life and how it accumulates, because buprenorphine users report similar experiences.

Other than that, I get great analgesia with chronic dosing of methadone, and I love the NMDA antagonism. In terms of euphoria, then look elsewhere, you're not going to find what you're looking for in terms of abuse with fentanyl or methadone.

Please do not mix methadone and fentanyl, that's like playing Russian Roulette with THREE bullets in the chamber.

If you practice what tricomb is saying then you will have a MUCH lower chance of accidentally ODing. Methadone causes enough OD deaths each year in the US... Fentanyl does the same but with just a few hundred micrograms being enough to OD instead of 40 mgs of Methadone. You will have some agonist-antagonist activities going on if you end up mixing them but PLEASE don't!!!

I gave 200 mcgs to a patient in the back of my ambulance one time and he was 285 lbs... he had saved his daughter from a fall and by breaking her fall, he broke his own leg... yeah, I gave him double the usual dose for traumatic injuries b/c it was just such a selfless act...

Anyways... if you take ONE thing away from this thread, remember the line quoted above by tricomb and don't forget it!

I gave 200 mcgs to a patient in the back of my ambulance one time and he was 285 lbs... he had saved his daughter from a fall and by breaking her fall, he broke his own leg... yeah, I gave him double the usual dose for traumatic injuries b/c it was just such a selfless act...

Good lord, was it a compound fracture and what was the follow-up analgesia administered on arrival to the ED?

All things considered, you showed an excellent standard of compassion :) !

You are correct sir. A long time ago my friend (who did heroin) told me about opana. He said "I'm getting opana today! Yeaaah opana better than black!"

Puzzled at how anything could be better than heroin, I looked into opana.

Long story short, I was able to quit heroin (intravenously) for good and have switched to opana (intranasal). I think it's been almost 2 years now?

Well, I'm done with fentanyl. For now at least. Kind of a let down, actually a big let down...

Oh and I tried that methadone. I did 30mg and after a few hours I actually felt it. But just like with the fentanyl all it did was make me extremely drowsy. To the point where I took a cat nap (I was almost forced to).

I will admit it lasted a long time But little to no euphoria. Still, no where near as good as opana.

I am also new to bluelight and if memory serves me correctly don't I have to use SWIM or SWIY? Either way, fentanyl sucks recreationaly. The old formula Opana was great recreationaly, so was the methadone if one drinks plenty of ruby red grapefruit juice. Once can feel really nice with 15mg methadone and juice 2 times a day.

We don't swim in this pool, we assume accountability for our posting as SWIM offers no legal advantage and pollutes the community pool :)

I'm also in strong agreement that mixing these two, both of which are notorious and synonymous with overdose/death, is a very bad idea. I can imagine very few [opioid] drug combinations as dangerous as fentanyl and methadone. Every overdose I've been close to in life has been from one or the other of these drugs.

Well i've been taking high-test opiates for years and am seriously not impressed with fentanyl or methadone.

I'll admit, methadone does last a long time, but minimal to no euphoria and its long half-life worries me. the lengthy half-life is the reason I have never bothered with methadone. until recently when I got some in place of a debt. I think I still have 5 left. Might take all of them and see how I feel this time lol. this mornin I took 30mg.

Oh yeah! That grapefruit juice works amazing!

Some of my friends think i'm nuts drinking that nasty grapefruit juice but it REALLY makes you feel that opana big time. Everytime I do my opana I have a tall glass of grapefruit juice (with lots of sugar to soften the blow). Btw, you need to drink WHITE grapefruit juice. The ruby red stuff does not have the same drug enhancing properties as the white stuff.

Well, I think i'll stay on bluelight. I just wanted to try it out since I usually post on Topix. But I did get some good information. Although, Topix is allot better for meeting new people. But bluelight is actually moderated.

I like eating actual grapefruits, call me old fashioned.

Welcome to Bluelight. ;)

Hi There,

Maybe I'll juice some real grapefruits. The bottles I get from the store only last 2 days and they're from concentrate. I've looked and looked but can't for the life of me find organic WHITE grapefruit juice. I want to see if the real stuff packs more of a punch.

lol

Oh WOW if the white does better I will stay away!! LOL The red had me GONE!!!!!!! !%mgs 2 times a day with RRGFJ I was high all the time. Well maybe if I drink the white I will be able to have leftover meds for bad days!! THANX for the tip!!!

Snort a pea sized ball of fentanyl? Epic first post on bluelight man, open with bitching finish with lethal information.

Read the BLUA and OD guidelines right now, I don't want to see you advising anyone to take that much fentanyl in my forum again, this is a harm reduction focus forum, whether you like it or not you will post in accordance to the guidelines or not at all.

Well methadone is equivalent with oxy the first time (slightly more so), the second time/second dose will be 2-3x times stronger than oral oxycodone since it will have accumulated, the effects of methadone are not present until after 2hrs and they peak after 4hrs.

Fentanyl, if you have the gel patches I've always been afraid of needles so I got into the habbit of squeezing out the gel from a patch and mixing it in water for oral use (ex: 5mg patch, than squeeze all gel out and mix in 500mL water no need for alcohol trust me it mixes up fine even though it looks at first as if it will never dissolve), this way you can dose knowing there is 1mg per 100mL and 500mcg in 50mL and so on. I would take this to school with me (a half L bottle of water/fentanyl) and since it only lasts 1hr at best I would take small sips and redose every half hour until I was nodding.

The best thing (or worst) thing I did with them was squeeze the gel (just a tiny bit) on tin foi and chase the dragon (i've smoked good heroin for about 2yrs and nothing comes close to the high/rush). This is the best way to use it in my opinion, however even on a huge tolerence its dangerous. I once went upstairs for one sec to have a hit and come right back down to eat, as soon as I blew the vapor I came down and I was told my face had changed colours and that I was pale as a ghost.

It's a very strong high and the withdrawls are incapacitating after smoking.

Peace

p.s. a buddy with not as much opioid tolerence smoked a bit too much as his parents found him unconscious in his room with a lighter and tin foil sill in his hand (went to the emergency room, still alive) but he told me he smoked and while holding his hit in he knew he was fucked and wanted to hide the evidence before lying down but he wasn't even able to put the lighter down...
BE WARNED

To show you how addictive this is (in comparison to heroin its a joke, heroin seems like opium after this), a different buddy went to the extent and trouble of extracting the left over 0.5mg or so in the gel of every patch found in the glue, however the glue still remained and he couldn't get rid of that. Now he can barely hold a hit of weed in b/c of that glue.

p.s. a buddy with not as much opioid tolerence smoked a bit too much as his parents found him unconscious in his room with a lighter and tin foil sill in his hand (went to the emergency room, still alive) but he told me he smoked and while holding his hit in he knew he was fucked and wanted to hide the evidence before lying down but he wasn't even able to put the lighter down...
BE WARNED

Every parent's worst nightmare. This is why you don't ever tamper with fentanyl transdermal systems.