• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Need help with the name of a drug.....

Opiatehell85

Bluelighter
Hi,

someone mentioned a drug used for acid reflux that helps the BA of buprenophine, I can't remember what it's called, I asked my local pharmacy and they looked at me like I had ten heads, I know it begins with a C, something like cinitidine??? Also is it available otc in the uk? I'm not trying to get a high from the bupe, I'm just wanting to see if it helps the BA so I can take less, it might be useful when I'm reducing, thanks in advance :)

I believe you can use citmetidine as a potentiator. Not sure about the U.K. but here in the states it's available over the counter.

I believe you can use citmetidine as a potentiator. Not sure about the U.K. but here in the states it's available over the counter.

Yes, that's what it's called Thankyou! I've tried to get it here with no luck, I wonder if I can get it online... I know no soucing allowed so I won't ask. Thanks for confirming name.

Its spelled cimetidine. (No extra t). Brand name Tagamet. It's an enzyme inhibitor that slows the breakdown of certain drugs as it inhibits the particular Enzyme responsible for metabolising the drug. It's main use is for acid reflux, as you noted, one of the earlier generation drugs for that. Definitely OTC in US, have no clue about other countries, but it's not something controlled where it would be difficult to have prescribed.

I believe it's called Tagamet here in the states. Not sure if they have a different brand name in the UK. I might give that a shot too. I'm currently on bupe and trying to reduce.

Its spelled cimetidine. (No extra t). Brand name Tagamet. It's an enzyme inhibitor that slows the breakdown of certain drugs as it inhibits the particular Enzyme responsible for metabolising the drug. It's main use is for acid reflux, as you noted, one of the earlier generation drugs for that. Definitely OTC in US, have no clue about other countries, but it's not something controlled where it would be difficult to have prescribed.

Thankyou! I can't get it here in the uk, only online from the us, so will order some and get it delivered, Thankyou.

I believe it's called Tagamet here in the states. Not sure if they have a different brand name in the UK. I might give that a shot too. I'm currently on bupe and trying to reduce.

yeah I can't find it here, only online! Let me know if it helps you and worth me paying to get it shipped.

You could just ask a doctor to prescribe it to you.

Tell him you have problems with gastroesophageal reflux (acid reflux) and cimetidine has already helped you in the past, or sth. like that. ;)

It's perfectly legitimate! :)

I'm not sure though, if cimetidine really has a significant effect on buprenorphine.
Be it enzymatic or by 'alkalizing your body'.

But you should give it a try, imo.

You could just ask a doctor to prescribe it to you.

Tell him you have problems with gastroesophageal reflux (acid reflux) and cimetidine has already helped you in the past, or sth. like that. ;)

It's perfectly legitimate! :)

I'm not sure though, if cimetidine really has a significant effect on buprenorphine.
Be it enzymatic or by 'alkalizing your body'.

But you should give it a try, imo.

hey, I'm scared he will know what I'm upto, with him knowing I'm prescribed the bupe, you see I wanna take less but still have it there if I need it, and if he knows how it works he might say, well you can have it, but I'll lower your dose of bupe. He's mean like that. I have ordered some from the states, only cost me £10 including delivery which is around $16 and it was a large box so worth it! Will update on if it works for me, fingers crossed :)

hey, I'm scared he will know what I'm upto, with him knowing I'm prescribed the bupe, you see I wanna take less but still have it there if I need it, and if he knows how it works he might say, well you can have it, but I'll lower your dose of bupe. He's mean like that. I have ordered some from the states, only cost me £10 including delivery which is around $16 and it was a large box so worth it! Will update on if it works for me, fingers crossed :)
I feel sorry for you, for having to deal with such an asshole of a doctor.

But why you don't just visit a different physician, a general practitioner? For this particular issue, I mean. ;)

Good luck, whatever you decide to do! :)

I feel sorry for you, for having to deal with such an asshole of a doctor.But why you don't just visit a different physician, a general practitioner? For this particular issue, I mean. ;)Good luck, whatever you decide to do! :)
Yeah, they're pretty judgemental here in the uk. Thanks for the good luck, but they said they don't prescribe that here anymore. It's ok tho as I've ordered some already. Should be here next week. :)