• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Need help with some IV questions

Etniexd

Greenlighter
Hey all hopefully someone can give me some good advice on this to help me out so I'm not blindly poking around and just doing damage.

So here's the deal I have been away from shooting for almost a year and a half and I am slowly getting back into doing it. Before when I was a regular I was real skinny for my body profile so I could see my veins easy and now I have gained more weight and am in the target weight for my height and age.

The problem is now I can't see where to stick in the crook of my elbow, my forearms, and last night I got lucky and got the cephalon but just on my left wrist and only one time couldn't even get my wash pushed through it.

Could anybody give me some good advice especially for the crook of the elbow and anterior and posterior of the forearm because I'm bout ready to just draw a damn grid and poke myself all over until I finally get a good hit

Thanks in advance
Etniexd

drink a LOT of fluids on the regular, make sure you have enough electrolytes in your system (Gatorade or Powerade is good), this will raise your blood pressure. do some jumping jacks till you feel your "blood flowing," then tourniquet and slap slap slap, good stinging slaps, wait a minute and you should be able to find a vein at least in the crook of your arm I'd think. otherwise ...maybe your hands? shoot slowly into your hands though and use only as much water as necessary just to avoid the potential risk of blowing the smaller veins.
best of luck.

Take a hot bath, it will.draw your veins closer to the surface.. Is the tourniquet not tight enough?