• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Need help with possible withdrawal

lipsofanangel

Greenlighter
I was prescribed hydrocodone after I had surgery 3 months ago. I would a go a couple weeks taking it, then quit for a few days, then go another week or so then stop. After 2 months of the off and on, i decided to quit taking them because the surgery pain had subsided. I experienced a little bit of withdrawal, just some anxiety, upset stomach, and irritability. I went about a week and a half not taking them, then started taking them again. It's been a little over a week that I've been taking them but I want to stop as I see myself liking them a little too much..My last dose was at 12:45 this afternoon. Will i experience withdrawal? I know everyone is different...but would just like some help and encouragement.

You most likely will feel slight withdrawal symptoms, but they will definitely be manageable. If you are able to, you should try to get some Nigella Sativa Seed Oil (with thymoquinone in it). This is what i used to help me off of kratom, it basically just helps suppress cravings and anxiety

Just tough it out, you'll be feelin better b4 u know it! This process of on again off again can go for years, fucking up quality of life and wasting money. You can do it.Pretend you have a cold :)
I was prescribed hydrocodone after I had surgery 3 months ago. I would a go a couple weeks taking it, then quit for a few days, then go another week or so then stop. After 2 months of the off and on, i decided to quit taking them because the surgery pain had subsided. I experienced a little bit of withdrawal, just some anxiety, upset stomach, and irritability. I went about a week and a half not taking them, then started taking them again. It's been a little over a week that I've been taking them but I want to stop as I see myself liking them a little too much..My last dose was at 12:45 this afternoon. Will i experience withdrawal? I know everyone is different...but would just like some help and encouragement.

If u find urself getting sick then go to dollar tree and grab some loperamide(generic immodium ad) and ween off of that. It's an opiate but it diesnt get u high so u won't crave it but it will cure all ur physical wd symptoms. Around 20mg and u should be straight and just ween down a little everyday and you'll be good. It may constipated u for a bit but that's a small price to pay for getting rid of wd. The stuff is only $1a box at dollar tree vs $5-10 at one of the big pharmacys. I hope this helps u out, this shit really works, I'm on 10 bags of heroin a day and 24mg worked for me so since ur only in hydro I'm guessing it will work for u too. Good luck and god bless!

Is this in the same pharmaceutical family as lomotil?? I know a Drs. script is required fortimes.. but they certainly helped me get off pills quite a few times. I was also on a low and daily decreasing dose of methadone. Less than a week.

I have gotten addicted and detoxed from just about every opiate and barbiturate still available. A friend is a Dr and would regularly give in to pleas. So it was up to my gp to clean me up when I went too far. I was terrified of a withdrawal as well so I feel that. My gp would prescribe lomotol, which helps with many stomach related issues some get. I am in no way a MM advocate, however, he'd prescribe me a steadily decreasing dose starting at 25 mg and take it down 5mg a day. Of have sleeping issues(always have), very slight discomfort. I believe if you could get a Dr to prescribe a few days methadone and take immodium ad as was previously mentioned you'll be fine. The worst of it will be your head, and its very powerful so keeping yourself busy is something you should preplan.
I also want to state I in no way endorse Methadone Maintenance, in my opinion, aside from cost and legality it is far worse than opiates! If you cant find an MD to write for you and you feel you need more to get u through and have access to a clinic, I implore you go on the shortest detox offered with the least mg of meth. Most clinics are shady at best. They try to get you addicted so you pay them every week. Read up on it first as well. Best of luck. Just know ur not alone out here. Many many others in your situation without the willpower to do so myself included.

Last edited:
I went and got some Imodium, Advil, and I actually have a few gabapentin...I'll try it out. I'm just sweating, slight runny nose, noticeable decrease in energy but it's not horrible..yet. Really hope it doesn't get too bad.

Don't go overboard with the Imodium as you need to remember it is an opiate and can lead to withdrawals which is exactly what you don't want. Plus it carries high risk of qt prolongation, heart rhythm disruption, and finally death. First dose should be largest to induce 6-8 mg and the rest smaller pretty much 2 mg as it has a long half life and no ceiling effect so it will build and build if you take it too often making it worse quicker doing too much.

Getting Kratom would probably be a better solution, but order it online and only use the smoke shop stuff while waiting for the online stuff to ship as it will be overpriced and lower quality not being as fresh, but still imo a better idea than Imodium.

You could also try poppy seed tea, but that takes major self control.

Update! I'm feeling pretty good tonight. Not sweating as much and the Imodium helped a lot. Runny nose here and there. I was able to take a little nap earlier and actually feel quite tired right now. Hoping things continue to stay this manageable. So far I've only taken the Imodium and ibuprofen. Thank you everyone for your encouragement and tips so far!

Now start to taper the immodium but don't go to fast. Let ur body adjust for a couple days on the immodium and then drop it by like 2-4mg then get stable in that for a few days and so on and so forth. If the immodium is working then stay away from the kratom. I've heard the kratom wds suck ass cause it hits a lot of different opiate receptors that most traditional opiates don't. Kratom extracts are strong shit and you'll be trying detox from that next. Kratom tends to get people high that have a low tolerance and that's what u want to avoid IMO, that shit can very well trigger cravings for stronger opiates ime. Just taper ur immodium slowly and it'll be as painless as it could possibly be. Don't get me wrong, your gonna be sick and it's gonna suck. It's a price we all have to pay eventually to regain our independence from opiates and there's now way around that. Let us know how things workout bro. Good luck and god bless!!

I only took 6 mg of the Imodium today one time...thank you very much for your help. I'm not really into smoke shops so I probably wouldn't try the kratom. I actually feel a TON better than I thought I would.

That guilt and stress is what keeps a lot of us from getting clean so ur one step ahead of most of us. Your doing what u gotta do to better urself so be proud of yourself. Kicking opiates is gonna be the hardest thing you've ever done, it takes a strong willed person to do what your doing so try to put the negative thoughts aside for the time being. Keep on pushing forward! When ever those bad thoughts creep into ur head just remember why your quitting this shit. Gotta go to work so I'll ttyl!