• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Need Help with Nurse Practitioner Visit

Status
Not open for further replies.

checkoutmypostdude

Greenlighter
Okay so a little background info.. I have been diagnosed with ADD when I was 18 years old. I am 32 now.
I was prescribed Adderall for a period and Vyvanse for a period but I prefer Adderall. I tried both. I also would not mind being prescribed dextro.. the old good shit but Ill leave that to doctors discretion. I was prescribed for a couple years at 18 and then I got into Heroin and other drugs and my mom didn't want to fill it anymore (I was under her insurance back then).

Then around 23 I went to a methadone maintenance facility and have (except for an excruciating cold turkey withdrawal off of 130 mg for a month because of my drinking problem at the time) have been on it for coming up on 10 years and I want to get tf off of that shit asap.

But for now the doctor there has me on Klonopin 1 mg x2 times a day and gabapentin 300 mg x 3 times a day (I rarely take the gabapentin but I am dependent on the Klonopin... Trying to get off of that asap as well and have weened myself down to 1.5 pills a day at this point on my own but it's fucking hard.) I have asked her to prescribe me to Adderall but she refuses (weird right? Klonopin and gaba are fine but oh no not Adderall? Kinda weird if you ask me) last time I asked she said if you really want to be on it ask another doctor, so that's what I'm going to do.

But there is an issue obviously.. I just got insurance finally at 32 and am seeing a new nurse practitioner.. thinking of switching that to a doctor but I need to see them because I have other physical issues.

The main issue is this... I do have add and I have been diagnosed but I don't have any of the paperwork and I don't remember the nurse practitioner's name that diagnosed me and all that... I am on Klonopin and methadone and I am worried that when I ask the guy, he won't want to give it to me because of being on two controlled substances and one of them being for addiction.. I am not worried about addiction to Adderall and don't plan on taking it everyday but who knows how he will feel. I have a feeling he won't want to prescribe it to me because of these other medications, mainly the methadone. The other issue is the fact that another doctor prescribed them to me... Now I do have a good excuse because she just informed me that she is leaving my clinic and wants me to find a new doctor so I can tell him that she is leaving (as opposed to that she doesn't want to prescribe it to me) but he may still feel it is sketchy territory... I don't blame him but I really really need this script! I have no motivation lately at all, I want to go back to school, but I'm so disorganized, I can't focus on one task for long, I put down a to do list and then don't end up doing anything on it, my memory is horrible, I can't remember shit, I forget words in the middle of sentences and have to pause to remember them, I'm text book ADD. Not to mention I'm always tired during the day AND I need to lose weight. I desperately need this script. I WOULD consider getting it on the streets but I can't find anyone that has any and I don't know how to find someone I don't know. I'm even considering doing meth to help a bit but again
.. no hook ups. Anyone know how to find a new hook up for shit like this? It was so easy in my 20s cuz I had tons of friends, and now I don't know anyone and it pisses me off. It should be easy to find Adderall these days and if not I would hope I could find crystal but I can't. Any advice on that part too?

So I'm asking for advice on how I can get this prescribed... I figure I'll just tell him the truth, I used to be prescribed, I tried a bunch of add meds and vyvanse and Adderall were the only ones that worked and that I prefer Adderall because vyvanse gave me annoying side effects... But the problem is he will probably be like I don't want to because you are prescribed to a benzo and methadone. Is there anyway to not tell him and get away with it? I know that doctors can see what you are prescribed to these days but I might be seeing him out of state. Also does anyone know if they can see if you are prescribed to methadone? Maybe I could just tell him about the Klonopin... But then he'd probably wonder why I don't just go to her....

I'm just looking for any ideas on how I could somehow not tell him about the other meds or tell him and still get prescribed... Or worst case scenario some guidance on ways I could find it on the street.. even crystal if I have to..

And no I don't want Ritalin or any other add meds, I hate them.

Id order it online if I could but I don't know what websites... And drug buyers guide.org got shut down recently so that was my plan B to get it off of a site on there that I saw and that got screwed. And I know it's against the rules to ask for websites and such. So Im not asking for that..

Please help, anyone have any ideas? If I lie to him and say I'm not on medication and he finds out will I get black listed? Or will he just be pissed off? What happens to people that lie about that type of stuff?

TLDR: I need to get prescribed Adderall or Vyvanse but I'm prescribed to Klonopin and methadone by methadone clinic doc and she won't prescribe it to me and says to ask other doc for it..

Any input or ideas or anything at all is welcome and would be very much appreciated. Thank you

If you're in the US a physiatrist is what you want. They're pretty generous with benzo and add meds. Good luck
Yes, I am in the US... So you think a psychiatrist will be likely to let me add Adderall? I need to see a psychiatrist anyway to take over for my methadone doctor and the Klonopin prescription

What ghostie said.

Most MD's will turn you down and NP's can't even prescribe without getting approval from a MD. They might be able to prescribe antibiotics and other non addictive meds but I don't think they can write for controlled substances.

in 2023 about the only way you are going to get addictive stimulants is through a Psych.

Good luck. Gotta close this as it's against the rules to help people source.....even though you are doing it legally it is still against BLUA.

Status
Not open for further replies.