• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Need help with eitizolam withdrawl

thesaganator

Greenlighter
So I ordered 250 Milligrams of Etizolam and made a PG solution out of it, planning on selling some to friends cheap and saving some for emergencies. Long story short, that's not the way it went down, and I chewed through the whole thing in about a month in a half. Towards the tail end I tried to do an emergency taper and over the course of two weeks dropped from 8 milligrams a day to 2, and than from 2 to nothing over the course of the following week, supplementing with alchohol to stave off the jitters. I didn't experience very much discomfort for the first two days after full discontinuation, and than had a seizure that landed me in the hospital. My (in his defence, probably very overworked) ER attending physician gave me a lecture about how with my current habits I'd be lucky to see 28 (24 atm), and wrote me a script for a ten day run of 25 milligrams Librium, no taper schedule. The librium is working for now, but he didn't seem familiar with etizolam, and I'm afraid this might be too hefty of a crash, and I really can't afford another ER copay this month. Should I schedule something with my GP and have a longer conversation about quitting, or maybe even consider outpatient rehab where they might be more familiar with my problems? I'm lucky enough to have a supportive family that will lend me the money to do so at no interest if need be, any and all advice is appreciated, thanks!

25mg per day? thats not a lot, but if its keeping you okay for now then thats good. dont drink alcohol, itll only make you worse. i think the librium may be enough, but expect insomnia, anxiety and discomfort for a week or so.

Thanks for the advice, yeah I'm not worried about a little discomfort, just trying to avoid having another seizure.

Phenibut helped my anxiety to some extent. It is also habit forming though so tread lightly.

Look I don't know how long you've been using but I do know you did/do abuse Etizolam.

I've never done Etizolam myself, but have lots of experiences with Benzos in general. Have used Alprazolam, Loraepam, Clonazepam, Diazepam.

I abused Xanax and Valium for over 7 months. The W/D's were HORRIBLE. So they sent me to a psychiatrist and had a chat with him. With alprazolam I would use 6-8mg/daily. Diazepam 70-100mg/daily.
My Dr. wanted me to taper off permanentely. So I got Rx'd Clonazepam 1mg to taper. Clonazepam and alprazolam are similar in strength. So I told him I took 6-8mg...he said he'd start me off 7mg daily for a week. Then go down 0.5mg/weekly.
I agreed. I'll be honest, Clonazepam is a GREAT benzo. Strong, long lasting, relaxing, its beautiful. I worked for me! Got all the way down to .50 and stopped after. Didn't 'feel' no w.d BUT the ONLY symptoms that were pretty uncomfortable was insomnia will suck for a few days. Not forever don't worry! lol just a couple days of 1 hour sleep, awake, 1 hour sleep, awake, etc. That got my off Benzo's for 3 months.

try using some phenibut but dont overdue it just use it for like 2 days ina row, then use kava kava as well as 5-htp and omega 3 tuna oil.

try tapering off with the medicine they gave u or another benzo if that doesnt work, BUT TAPER OFF DONT START AGAIN.