• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

need help with a benzo taper PLEASE! thinking about "feathering" doses

hopefreegirl

Greenlighter
hi new here. im a member of benzo buddies and know the ashton manual by heart at this point. but ive come down from a pretty high dose of klonopin (go to 6 to 7 mgs a day at one point) and valium and now im down to 10 mgs of valium where ive been holding at now since october after i had a psychotic breakdown from being cold turkeyed off of the remaining 2.5 mgs of klonopin. i absolutely am not going back to purgatory where i was a few months back but i have to get off the rest of this shit. i do have a liquid titration taper plan made up but i was thinking of a way to try to dry cut my way down a little where i basically reduce the percentage monthly by "feathering" doses. meaning skipping doses here and there. right now i dose 3 times a day for a total of 10 mgs a day. thats 300 mgs a month. so im thinking because of valiums long half life, if i could cut 20% a month which is 2 mgs right now but by doing that by cutting out enough doses to equal 240 mgs a month. that would be a 20 percent cut monthly. so i need to cut out 60 mgs in a 30 day period. so by cutting out a dose here and there to equal 60 mgs, would that work? i want to keep my blood levels as stable as possible but with valiums wide varying half life its kind of hard to figure out what to do. i know a guy who got off this way but i cant find him. i hope im making sense. anyone have any suggestions? id like to get down to probably 5 mgs and liquid titrate the rest. my central nervous system is still screwed from the huge cuts i make so i have got to take it very very slow, and im scared to death after what i experienced. i need to remain as functional as i am now. i was very very bad off a few months ago, cold turkeying that 2.5 mgs of klonopin totally destroyed me, i couldnt even barely sit up. but anyway, any thoughts on my taper method im trying to come up with? want to get off this poison.

As it of course differs with each individual, I think you would have better luck doing small drops every x number of days vs skipping days entirely. I wish there was a magic recipe that I could pass on to you , or heck, someone could pass on to me, but it seems little victories are the only way to beat the beast. Rome wasn't built in a day and neither can it be destroyed, cheesy line i know but it has stuck with me for some reason. I truly hope you find success hfg.

As it of course differs with each individual, I think you would have better luck doing small drops every x number of days vs skipping days entirely. I wish there was a magic recipe that I could pass on to you , or heck, someone could pass on to me, but it seems little victories are the only way to beat the beast. Rome wasn't built in a day and neither can it be destroyed, cheesy line i know but it has stuck with me for some reason. I truly hope you find success hfg.
hi thank you for responding. yes i think im just going to do a daily liquid micro titration. im just not up for the cut and suffer method. totally ready for this to be over. i got a good titration spreadsheet. so think im just gonna go with that. wishing you luck as well.... :D

Report back in a while and let us know how it's going. I like your liquid titration idea. I've heard of one where you take x number of ML from a known quantity and then replenish with water after every dose. Tell us more about yours as you perfect it. Pulling for ya!

Report back in a while and let us know how it's going. I like your liquid titration idea. I've heard of one where you take x number of ML from a known quantity and then replenish with water after every dose. Tell us more about yours as you perfect it. Pulling for ya!
sure, I'll keep you posted. This is using milk as the liquid. Full fat milk. And I'll be mixing 5 mgs in 200 mls of milk and pulling a certain amount daily to equal 20% a month. The idea is the cuts are so microscopic you don't feel them and your brain has time to catch up. I'll be taking the other 5 mgs dry until the 5 mgs liquid is gone, then liquify the other 5. There's other solvents you can use such as propylene glycol or vodka to create a solution but I'm not comfortable with those so I'm gonna use the milk. We'll see how it goes... Thank you, I'll let everyone know how it goes....

I've never heard of whole milk as a solvent but I'm excited to hear the results. Keep it cold (duh). Also report back on how much precipitates to the bottom and if you believe any of it is active. Patiently awaiting your future replies.

I've never heard of whole milk as a solvent but I'm excited to hear the results. Keep it cold (duh). Also report back on how much precipitates to the bottom and if you believe any of it is active. Patiently awaiting your future replies.
hi yes, milk is used because of the lipids. Benzos are fat soluble so through the homogenization process, which microscopically distributes the lipids in the milk, the benzo in the milk evenly distributes. The valium is in the pill in only 3% of the pill, the rest is binders, filers and glue so yes there is some particles left in the milk but it's just binders and fillers. I'm going to have to make this daily, which is going to be a pain but i guess I'll get used to it. You must use glass containers as plastic has suspision of affecting the benzo. And also the milk should never get icy. If you use alcohol or propylene glycol you can make big batches and it does not have to be refrigerated. You're supposed to use 1-2 mls of at least 80 proof ethanol to dissolve one mg of benzo according to the jouyban solubility chart. Daily liquid titration has gotten many people I know off this crap without it being pure torture. So fingers crossed...

Well it sounds like you have this down cold and I understand how the lipophilicity of the diazepam would do well with milk, it just seems like a hassle is all. But hey if it works for you and stays in solution then go for it. Report back a week in or so if you can.

Well it sounds like you have this down cold and I understand how the lipophilicity of the diazepam would do well with milk, it just seems like a hassle is all. But hey if it works for you and stays in solution then go for it. Report back a week in or so if you can.
yes definitely a hassle. I'll let you know how it goes, I gotta start Buspar over the weekend, hoping it helps somewhat but we'll see. I'll keep you posted. :\