• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Need help South West (UK)

Hi all, had to create a new account and not posted for a while. I know this is a long shot but I need help with my recovery. I got off methadone (30mg) cold turkey but I keep drinking and am a relapse risk as even being clean I am still in the same environment. I really need a week or 2 away from here and have nowhere to go. Can anyone put me up or know where I could go? I am clean and am no trouble and am willing to pay if you can help? I am a DJ and music producer so could bring my decks and synths. It really would be saving my life and I would be no trouble. I know it's a long shot but hopefully a Samaritan would be willing to help me out. Please message me if you can help. Thanks

hi bro, cant u just get a cheapb+b if u only want a week away or are u looking for support too?, personally i find cravings last so long a week or two would be pointless but i get ya point. u still drinking now ? is that something u want to stop? im in uk but not in position to do what u need unfortunately.
take it a day at a time man and think about moving away from it.
jay

Hello mate, I am looking for support too. It's the being lonely that triggers me into drinking/relapse. I know that if I can get a week or 2 clean time away from here under my belt then I would be sorted. I would stay in a cheap b and b but the support is a major factor as I don't have many friends left now. If anyone can help that would be appreciated. Check my music out if you like Techno/Acid -Squat Project d(X_x)b

Try NA or AA - I know there may be an initial resistance but after over 20 years of struggling with addiction it was the only thing that truly dealt with the need for social support and the ability to be completely open without judgement. I’m not now some fully converted AA’er but just go to the odd meeting. However, my phone has plenty of numbers of people I can call when things get difficult and the amount of people willing to help at a moments notice is amazing.

It’s worth a shot and far more likely to bring you what you need than asking strangers on here…

Hey man, long time no see!! Congratulations on getting off the methadone. How long have you been clean for now?

I'm actually in a similar situation with drinking since sacking the meth - and that was ten years ago now.

So in reality, I think it's going to take a lot more than "a week or two" away from your current situation to resolve this issue.

Unfortunately, I have no useful advice to give (otherwise I'd have taken it myself), other than never stop trying.

ATB mate, <3

Just to add to what to what i said earlier bro. Maybe looking for a clean break may be more ideal than a couple of weeks. I watch an online channel that deals with sobriety. I'm normally to pissed to know what it's talking about (joke) but very often ppl say the only way is a complete seperation from contacts and ppl u shared drug or drink experiences too. It's not always that easy when u can have what u want at your door the next morning by clicking a button, unless u move to them and moon but it's a thought.
Stay in touch man.
Phall