• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Need help. Anyone experience kratom making opiate wd worse?

Bamabelle

Bluelighter
I've tried kratom now twice for opiate wd. Been on fent for 15 years. Tried two different types. First time I took 4 capsules and if I remember right I did feel a little better for about an hour then it made the wd even worse than before. Second time I tried a different type and within 30 minutes it was already making wd worse. Will be in full blown wd tomorrow and am desperate and have no comfort meds so unless it's over the counter I can't get it. Please help. I truly can not handle fent withdrawal.

Yes it can make withdrawal from severe withdrawal worse. Ive tried it for heroin withdrawal and methadone withdrawal and it made it worse. Kratom only really works for mild to moderate withdrawal.

That said you took far too low of a dose. 4 capsules would contain 1.6g to 2.4g of kratom which is far too low of a dose for opioid withdrawal. You'll need a red strain and a dose of at least 4g's to help with opioid withdrawal. A low dose of kratom will just make you edgy. The opioid effects only really start to come out with higher doses. I'd try it again at a much higher dose (8 capsules). Kratom still might help you but not at the low doses you've been taking.

My buddy had a hydromorphone habit and he tried to use Kratom to ease the WDs. He said that it made his nausea far worse and he was edgier with the Kratom, especially taking it during the acute phase of the withdrawals. He said it was much more useful further down the line in terms of handling PAWs (Post-acute Withdrawal Symptoms).

It helped him when he would have a bad craving day. Also, as mentioned above, you'd need to take a higher dose of a red strain of Kratom to have any real helpful effects. I think 4g, dosed twice a day might help.

GL OP.

If taking it for strong(er) opioid withdrawal (100mg+ morphine oral equivalence) kratom is either useless (if tolerance is too high) or you need to take appropriate strain and dose. For withdrawal when tolerance is high take red strains (bali/thai) and in doses ranging from 8 to 10 grams every 4 to 6 hours. Although if you are withdrawing from fent I don't believe kratom will help during the acute phase. I hope you get better soon.

Edit -> you got two solid responses before me that I didn't catch. But yeah it is what it is. Hope you come through. ❤

Last edited by a moderator:
I had to take like 7-9 grams of red strain to get any relief. I would try that. Dont get discouraged either, it'll just make it worse.

I've tried kratom now twice for opiate wd. Been on fent for 15 years. Tried two different types. First time I took 4 capsules and if I remember right I did feel a little better for about an hour then it made the wd even worse than before. Second time I tried a different type and within 30 minutes it was already making wd worse. Will be in full blown wd tomorrow and am desperate and have no comfort meds so unless it's over the counter I can't get it. Please help. I truly can not handle fent withdrawal.

I've tried kratom now twice for opiate wd. Been on fent for 15 years. Tried two different types. First time I took 4 capsules and if I remember right I did feel a little better for about an hour then it made the wd even worse than before. Second time I tried a different type and within 30 minutes it was already making wd worse. Will be in full blown wd tomorrow and am desperate and have no comfort meds so unless it's over the counter I can't get . Please help. I truly can not handle fent withdrawal.
What strains are you tsI've tried kratom now twice for opiate wd. Been on fent for 15 years. Tried two different types. First time I took 4 capsules and if I remember right I did feel a little better for about an hour then it made the wd even worse than before. Second time I tried a different type and within 30 minutes it was already making wd worse. Will be in full blown wd tomorrow and am desperate and have no comfort meds so unless it's over the counter I can't get . Please help. I truly can not handle fent withdrawal.
What strains are you taking? I usually take a "slow" strain like red maeng da or red bali. The whites are your energy strains. I get mine from a reputable vendor and its tops as far as I'm concerned. PM me if you want a suggestion.

what sort of a dose of fent we talking here? if it's above 100mg morph iv equivalent daily, only heavy extracts would help. You need to get morphine, or OC and taper down to a reasonable oral dose (sub 60mg) and then swap to krat. you can do it, i just went through a similar process.

I ended up going to a detox. There they put me on subutex which took a few days to start to help but it did and even gave a little euphoria l. Followed up with doctor after release and put me on suboxone which feels nothing like the subutex did.

what sort of a dose of fent we talking here? if it's above 100mg morph iv equivalent daily, only heavy extracts would help. You need to get morphine, or OC and taper down to a reasonable oral dose (sub 60mg) and then swap to krat. you can do it, i just went through a similar process.
And I just moved to Tennessee so I have no connections here. So unless it was over the counter couldn't get anything.

I just don't understand why the suboxone isn't working as well as the subutex did in detox. In detox they crushed the pill up and you put it under the tongue. But then again I had two days between detox and Dr appt so got a suboxone strip from a friend and it worked as well as the subutex in detox did. Its just my prescription I picked up yesterday of suboxone at pharmacy that is not working no where near as well. No clue if it's just the brand I got or if I just built up a tolerance extremely quickly. Would be nice if suboxone worked as well as the subutex though.

I just don't understand why the suboxone isn't working as well as the subutex did in detox. In detox they crushed the pill up and you put it under the tongue. But then again I had two days between detox and Dr appt so got a suboxone strip from a friend and it worked as well as the subutex in detox did. Its just my prescription I picked up yesterday of suboxone at pharmacy that is not working no where near as well. No clue if it's just the brand I got or if I just built up a tolerance extremely quickly. Would be nice if suboxone worked as well as the subutex though.

don’t take more than 2mg a day. It’ll only make you feel like crap

The difference between subutex and suboxone shouldn't make a difference. What do you mean when you say it doesn't work as well? do you feel like you are still in withdrawal? Or just you don't get that euphoric feeling? cause that can kind of be a one time thing with bupe, euphoria is not really reproducible. Sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't.

Some say they like the effects better if they spit their suboxone out as opposed to swallowing it. Maybe try that? Keep in mouth for 15-30 min and then spit out.