• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Tapering Need advice on tapering lope

Pigfist

Bluelighter
Hello everyone, I’ve gotten a lot of info in the forums as I have decided to quit an heroin/fentadope habit that’s lasted a few years with very brief interruptions. After my very small last dose of weak dope I started w/d about 3 hours later. I took 24mg of Loperamide and found relief but about 7 hours after my lope dose I threw up everything I tried to drink. I took 2 Dramamine and went to bed. I woke up feeling fine and so far have been able to keep morning coffee down. So my plan is now to wait until I feel w/d setting back in and then take -2mg of my last lope dose and continue to lessen it by 2 mg each dose until I no longer take it. I plan to take the Dramamine when I see I am unable to hold liquids/food down. My question is, does this plan sound solid? Anyone have any further insight or suggestions? Will the nausea pass in a few days or will it continue throughout? I thank everyone that has contributed to these forums and I am looking forward to being completely drug free. I want life back.

Hello everyone, I’ve gotten a lot of info in the forums as I have decided to quit an heroin/fentadope habit that’s lasted a few years with very brief interruptions. After my very small last dose of weak dope I started w/d about 3 hours later. I took 24mg of Loperamide and found relief but about 7 hours after my lope dose I threw up everything I tried to drink. I took 2 Dramamine and went to bed. I woke up feeling fine and so far have been able to keep morning coffee down. So my plan is now to wait until I feel w/d setting back in and then take -2mg of my last lope dose and continue to lessen it by 2 mg each dose until I no longer take it. I plan to take the Dramamine when I see I am unable to hold liquids/food down. My question is, does this plan sound solid? Anyone have any further insight or suggestions? Will the nausea pass in a few days or will it continue throughout? I thank everyone that has contributed to these forums and I am looking forward to being completely drug free. I want life back.
Just a suggestion to try smaller doses spaced shorter apart as needed? That 7 hours relief though is a good sign you tapered your habit down.

is your dope mostly fentanyl?

I don't see any problems with your plan except for, if you keep throwing up your liquids or food, you need to force some nutrition into your body. Neglecting food/hydration is only going to prolong your pain. I know it sucks, but you really need to eat/drink and take vitamins even if it's just a little. Otherwise a 7 day ordeal will turn in 14 days

Try taking tiny bites/sips every 5 minutes instead of trying to eat a meal or something

Just a suggestion to try smaller doses spaced shorter apart as needed? That 7 hours relief though is a good sign you tapered your habit down.
I wondered about this as well but read on a post that that wouldn’t work, that the daily dose had to be taken at once. No reason was given though. After I took Dramamine and layed down I was able to hold things down. I woke up and had a cup of coffee, a small Gatorade and even ate half a banana and peanut butter sandwich lol. Last nights dose has held me all day though, I’m only now beginning to feel it fading slightly. So maybe when I feel sick is upon me I’ll try a half dose of maybe 12mg? If it works great if not I can try taking maybe 6 more mg. And see where I am. I plan on trying to have dinner so I may take one Dramamine beforehand just to be sure to hold my food down.

is your dope mostly fentanyl?

I don't see any problems with your plan except for, if you keep throwing up your liquids or food, you need to force some nutrition into your body. Neglecting food/hydration is only going to prolong your pain. I know it sucks, but you really need to eat/drink and take vitamins even if it's just a little. Otherwise a 7 day ordeal will turn in 14 days

Try taking tiny bites/sips every 5 minutes instead of trying to eat a meal or something
I assume it is but never tested, a couple weeks ago I stopped for 36 hours then took a sub and I think I got precipitated wd because the sub only made it worse. So the next day I caved and got some gear. Good advice about nutrition intake. I really am trying to eat and drink because I know usually I will lay in bed for 3-4 days and just be so weak from nothing to eat or drink so I end up getting high. The Dramamine seems to be helping greatly with this.

I assume it is but never tested, a couple weeks ago I stopped for 36 hours then took a sub and I think I got precipitated wd because the sub only made it worse. So the next day I caved and got some gear. Good advice about nutrition intake. I really am trying to eat and drink because I know usually I will lay in bed for 3-4 days and just be so weak from nothing to eat or drink so I end up getting high. The Dramamine seems to be helping greatly with this.
I think you're good friend. You can do this.

In my experience when I was withdrawaling off fent analogues (pressed m30s) the withdrawals seemed to be gradual, it didn't have that "grab" after 8 hours like heroin. It was just as bad but way more gradual. But I was withdrawaling from fent analogues that lasted way longer than real fent. IDK... it wasn't that bad overall it just lasted forever.

anyways, my point is you really need to feed, drink and also exercise, no matter how much it sucks. Going for a jog will feel like shit but it's actually one of the best things you can do for yourself to curb off withdrawal. It's not a myth, it really works.

I wish you the best friend, just remember "you are what you eat", if you don't eat anything during withdrawal then how the hell is your brain going to heal??

peace

I think you're good friend. You can do this.

In my experience when I was withdrawaling off fent analogues (pressed m30s) the withdrawals seemed to be gradual, it didn't have that "grab" after 8 hours like heroin. It was just as bad but way more gradual. But I was withdrawaling from fent analogues that lasted way longer than real fent. IDK... it wasn't that bad overall it just lasted forever.

anyways, my point is you really need to feed, drink and also exercise, no matter how much it sucks. Going for a jog will feel like shit but it's actually one of the best things you can do for yourself to curb off withdrawal. It's not a myth, it really works.

I wish you the best friend, just remember "you are what you eat", if you don't eat anything during withdrawal then how the hell is your brain going to heal??

peace
Thanks so much for the encouragement. I will try my best to get some sort of physical exercise even if just a brisk walk, I actually don’t feel too bad right now, but it’s only been 24 hours since my last use. But by now any other time I would be well into wd. The lope is truly something! I’m about to have a small dinner now, just took a dramamine about 30 minutes ago so I hope I can keep the food I eat. Also stocked on Gatorade. I really hope I can kick this, I need to. Thanks for all the support, really.

@Pigfist the reality is the worst part of withdrawal is all inside your head... You CAN do this, that's a given. It's how badly you want to be better than your yesterday.

You can do this. You already know that.

@Pigfist the reality is the worst part of withdrawal is all inside your head... You CAN do this, that's a given. It's how badly you want to be better than your yesterday.

You can do this. You already know that.
@Pigfist I completely agree with this <3
Opiate withdrawals suck no matter how you do it. But you can and WILL get through this. Each time I've come off opiates I've just had to take it one day at a time, even down to just one moment at a time, knowing, BELIEVING that it will continue to get better. You've got this man, be brave <3