• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Tapering Need advice from benz knowledgeables

Thanks again man @BadBoy377 🙏
I've been sticking to the plan since last time I was on the forum and just want to report in.

By now my tinnitus has increased a fair bit, actually a shit ton, I will look into if its a common side effect.
But at least I am okay anxiety wise I would say. I sleep horribly tho but I guess its common. Very lightly.

At the same time I went off the uppers and actually started to taper the benz I started with an old (best before 2021) box of Venlafaxine/Effexor (75mg), I never had any luck with anti-depressants before but I was kinda desperate and took to what I had at home.
I think its actually helping a bit with the anxiety part. But not sure about to stay on them after this taper. Had a lot of side effects last time I was on them and only stayed on for maybe 4 months which I know is a too short of a time, at least what the doctors say (don't worry I know you're not one @BadBoy377 🙌)

Bit of a cunt of a jigsaw that to try n match them up again only to dissolve 😜
Yeah fuck no I'm not doing that lol 😄

Last edited:
Got the pill box all setup
  • 16 Oct - 2mg
  • 17 Oct - 1.5mg
  • 18 Oct - 1,5mg
  • 19 Oct - 1.5mg
  • 20 Oct - 1.5mg
  • 21 Oct - 1.5mg
  • 22 Oct - 1,5mg
  • 23 Oct - 1.5mg
  • 24 Oct - 1,5mg
  • 25 Oct - 1mg
  • 26 Oct - 1mg
  • 27 Oct - 1mg
  • 28 Oct - 1mg
  • 29 Oct - 1mg

Jump from there?
    Or do a couple of days of 0,5mg?

Thougths?
    Prayers? :)

I've done these fast tapers but usually wind up feeling terrible. Definitely better to slow taper.

I'd try going down 0.25mg per week.

I've done these fast tapers but usually wind up feeling terrible. Definitely better to slow taper.

I'd try going down 0.25mg per week.

Hey, thanks for your reply. I have since updated my plan which currently looks like my quoted message below.
Its still too fast but I'd rather not go out buying more. The only one that is easily available and fairly priced over here is eastern European Xanax (Ksalol) which kinda sucks for my situation.
Peace!

• 21 Oct - 0.5mg
  • 22 Oct - 0.5mg
  • 23 Oct - 0.5mg
  • 24 Oct - 0.5mg
  • 25 Oct - 0.5mg
  • 26 Oct - 0.5mg
  • 27 Oct - 0.5mg
    • 28 Oct - 0.25mg
    • 29 Oct - 0.25mg
    • 30 Oct - 0.25mg
    • 31 Oct - 0.25mg
    • 1 Nov - 0.25mg
    • 2 Nov - 0.25mg
    • 3 Nov - 0.25mg
      • 4 Nov - 0.25mg
      • 5 Nov - pause
      • 6 Nov - 0.25mg
      • 7 Nov - pause
      • 8 Nov - 0.25mg
      • 9 Nov - pause
      • 10 Nov - 0.25mg

It looks doable mate but with benzo taper be prepared to feel like absolute dogshit for weeks. Just remind yourself it's something worth doing.

I recently ran into pregablin withdrawals using just 150mg per day coming off weed. Fuck me they are no joke. I would rank benzos or pregablin withdrawals as worse than heroin.

@elgoucho9
Fuck man, that sucks. Hope you are feeling better soon. Not much experience with pregablin here, only done it a few times, luckily I guess. What are you looking at time wise, when will it get better do you think?

I've heard the same before that benz withdrawals is worse than heroin which to me sounded ridiculous, me being a naive user with benz and no experience at all with heroin. Done some various opioids but never been through a really really bad withdrawal. I mean they sucked but they were manageable.

But yeah, ironically I started to feel like SHIT a few hours after my last post today and it ended up with me doing 1mg instead of the 0.5mg planned. I think I will stay there for a few more days at least cause shit was getting weird with the feeling of loosing grip of reality coming on a little bit and last that happened, although more intense, I was soon blacked out to later wake up with paramedics in my girls bedroom, having had a grand mal seizure where I stopped breathing for a while.

So I managed to get my hands on some Diazepam at least, was running too short on rivos not to act.
Will post another updated schedule. Again...
I want to do everything NOW NOW NOW. Always like that. Never been through a benz taper before.

Fuck this.

Hey man,

That's good. I'm glad, thanks, I do come across as a bit of a dick in my last post but I'm just trying to help. I'm rooting for you and genuinely want you to succeed. And I think you got this and you will!

As for the 0.25mg dosage, I see the problem. Yeah sounds like same clonaz tabs I get. Eyeballing it isn't really reliable. I'd suggest two solutions. Powder n weigh each pill on a reliable mg scale n take appropiate weight. But best thing would be volumetric dosing solution. I've never actually done this but say you get a couple of graduated syringes and dissolve a 2mg pill in 16ml water, then 1ml would contain 0.125mg clonazepam. That's what I'd probably do. Or scale it up depending on how it dissolves. Google it n you should fin out more, more than likely on this fine site. Or perhaps there's a bit in Ashton, I can't remember.

But mate, if you're sticking to your taper n not fucking about with any other substances then respect. You're doing amazing and it sounds like you totally got this. Keep it up!

I guess what's in the past is in the past. N we all have shit that makes us fuck up the future at times but that stuff doesn't matter if we're moving forward and getting better.

Keep at it, you're doing great.

BB
the shit thing here is that most benzos are not, or not very water soluble. to do a valid volumetric dose you generally have to slow dissolve them in warm PG.

@loopeternal I'm not sure pal i feel alot better today than i have for the past week so let us hope that's things starting to get back to normal.

My advice with your benzo taper would honestly be to buy more if you can financially afford to, run a longer taper. I could Cold Turkey off IV heroin but with benzos even a short taper seemed like absolute hell to be honest. Anxiety attacks, no appetite, insomnia, low mood and muscle pains all over. Honestly not worth torturing yourself if you can possibly avoid it.

And @paranoid android is 100% correct would really be best to dsitch to diazepam if possible.

@loopeternal I'm not sure pal i feel alot better today than i have for the past week so let us hope that's things starting to get back to normal.

Hell yea, good to hear it's going the right way dude ☮💪🏻
Hows the buzz even on pregabalin, I cant even remember from the few times I did it. If you don't mind me asking that is.

Anxiety attacks, no appetite, insomnia, low mood and muscle pains all over. Honestly not worth torturing yourself if you can possibly avoid it.

Yea, no, fuck that - I realized this today. I have been wanting to do this WAY too fast, much faster than I can manage. Being scared of a third grand mal is also a pain in the ass when the other abstinence symptoms are getting more intense.
I bought 450mg of Diazepam today, I am hoping this will be enough but I think I could afford some more worst case scenario. It's more of a supply issue at this point, should act now if I need more than that.
But first I gotta find my lowest possible dose on it as @paranoid android is pointing out.

And I hear you both on sticking to Diazepam, I prefer it over Clonazepam. Shit is too strong.

If you find your daily needed dose of valium you can taper from there pretty easy. Remember to always go very slow when tapering benzos especially with a history of seizures.

Thanks, I appreciate it. Feeling a bit more hopeful 🙌

to do a valid volumetric dose you generally have to slow dissolve them in warm PG.

Sorry n00b on team here, what is warm PG?