• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

NCAA Football 2006 Thread

cravNbeets said:
plurmonster whats your story? you support michigan why? did your cousin attend school there? maybe your roommate's best friend's uncle played lacrosse for them in 1961. did you drive by the campus one time on a family vacation to the upper peninsula? 8)

My dad was class of '72, and those were four crazy years for MI and OSU. My siblings and I were raised to be hardcore MI fans. When we were young, we went to the Michigan Alumni camp in MI, Camp Michigania and I have many fond memories there. Lately, my little brother has gotten heavily into NCAA football, and I think that precipitated my recent surge in Michigan-love. They've produced some of the NFL's most notable players, and I feel that Michigan is the best team in the Big Ten. They just made some really stupid mistakes in the last two games (both the players and Lloyd Carr).

We are the boys from old Florida,
F-L-O-R-I-D-A.
Where the girls are the fairest
The boys are the squarest
Of any ol' state down our way, hey!
We are all strong for old Florida,
Down where the old Gators play.
In all kinds of weather
We'll all stick together
For F-L-O-R-I-D-A

We tore apart OSU in any way you can possibly imagine, there is no bitching about the goal line play called a TD, or penalties either way, FLorida simply outplayed and outclassed OSU last night, becoming the first team to pull off basketball and football championships consecutively. With the recruiting we've been getting the last couple years hopefully we'll have a few more chances at this too. The gators aren't done yet, and I think I'm gonna keep this avatar for a while.

GO GATORS

huntmich said:
AHHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! FUCK YOU BA!! FUCK THE BUCKEYES!! 82 TOTAL YARDS!? ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? YOU GUYS LOOKED ABOUT RIPE FOR THE "BLIND SISTERS OF THE POOR" BOWL!

Biiiiitch, pleeease. 8) You are clearly still in the grips of denial that OSU beat Michigan. It's okay, the last time I checked the National Championship game was the top of the line, not whatever second-rate bowl game Michigan was reduced to playing in.

I can't say much more than hasn't been said already. Florida mixed up so well that OSU never really seemed "set" on offence OR defense. So many different offensive spreads, so many receivers involved, dual quarterbacks, etc. Those big brothers on defense #91 and #94 absolutely brought the house down on OSU's offensive line. I can't remember a Buckeye game that they deserved to lose that bad in many years. Absolutely terrible.

I, like many, probably underestimated the Gators and their speed but they proved to be the better team of the two. I read today on si.com some of the remarks the FL players made about the Big 10 conference as a whole which really left a bad taste in my mouth with regards to how "classy" they are. Eiher way, hats off to the FL team and fans alike. :)

BA said:
Biiiiitch, pleeease. 8) the last time I checked the National Championship game was the top of the line,

82 yards BA. 82 yards. You were an embarassment.

I really hope this teaches the Big Ten (Eleven) a lession.

SPEED ON DEFENSE FUCKING KILLS!!!

OSU's offense = OVERRATED!!!

I hope this teaches the Big Ten this lesson: Either give yourself a conference championship game or push your goddamn schedule back two weeks.

crowe [sic] i think you're the one in need of a lession [sic]

your beloved hurricanes played mothefuckingnevada...... end of discussion

hunt, you're actually in favor of conference title game? not only do i think it's ill-suited for the big ten; i think conference title games should be eliminated all together. the bowl season is the problem, not the regular season.

if i hear another person give "that 51 days off" as an excuse im gonna fucking puke. osu got beat by the better team on that day. any rationalization for that loss sounds like justification to me.... and there is absolutely no excuse for getting embarassed like that..... what are we, notredame? bush league!

Beets: I'm in favor of adding another game to the schedule or pushing back the schedule 2 weeks. Not only does that kind of rest make a team rusty, it makes fans lose interest. It isn't fair for Michigan and OSU to have 2 weeks longer of a break than Florida and USC.

cravNbeets said:
crowe [sic] i think you're the one in need of a lession [sic]

your beloved hurricanes played mothefuckingnevada...... end of discussion

and um... we beat NEVADA!!!! of course it was by 1 point but we still won. Plus my heartbreak this year administered by my loved Hurricanes can never equal the disapointment you probably experienced after that game ;)