• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

NCAA BCS National Championship: OSU Vs LSU

I'm watching the halftime show...did I just see the OSU band with a male baton twirler?

You did Indeed.

Congrats to OSU for winning that allstate kickoff nonsense.

Too bad you guys are going to go 0-9 against a Superior conference :)

current score... 31-10

double post as soon as a post that Ohio state gets a pick LOL

It was 38-24 actually.

Anyways, hahahaha. Nice one buckeyes, two years in a row.

7-2 in bowl games for the SEC, still think it's a shit conference? ;)

And 0-8, or was it 0-9 for Ohio State against the SEC in bowl games? Wait, "THE" Ohio State, let's make sure I get that right. HAHAHA. Nuff said.

^ No worries, I was hoping the 38-17 score would hold up, that would mean ALL the BCS bowls were won by MORE than 20 points, further proving how shitty a system it is. Whatever, doesn't look like it's going away anytime soon.

oh well, we were supposed to suck this year anyways. Todd Boeckman is horrible, our defense is over-rated, and Beanie Wells can still run over any team in college football.

the fact that OSU is over-rated and could have pulled it off against a superior Tigers team makes me happy. this was going to be a rebuilding year. I would say OSU VS USC next year in the National Title, but we got them during the second week. we obviously need to make some changes quick.

my hat goes off to the Tigers, and their 3rd down plays.

^ Give me a fucking break, all of you buckeye fans thought the best, didn't even contemplate a building season. Stop backpeddling, own it up. Typical "oh we're rebuilding." Own it up, ya got beat.

we did get beat. I own up. but we should have been third in the Big 10 this year, realistically. all I am saying is that I am grateful we made it this far and were able to semi-compete.

you don't understand Buckeye fans at all. every year we think we should go to the National Championship. thankfully, almost every year we do at least go.

only to lose, and then bemoan how it was a rebuilding year... the circle-jerk of life ;)

Cry me another fucking river OSU fans :)

LS Who is a team that plays in a conference that has made you its bitch two years in a row :p

wow thats two pretty complete ass kickings in 366days :\

im not calling this a rebuilding year at all even though the buckeyes are very young. our defense looked *VERY* confused for most of the game which i credit more to lsu's preparation as opposed to poor personel on our defense. boeckman found himself and some tough 3rd and long positions and instead of keeping his composure he shite all over himself.... so it goes

hats off to lsu and les miles who imo was the biggest difference in this game.... we got out coached again :\

edit: and not that it matters now but osu fell all the way to 5th in the end of season rankings... ouch

final AP top 25:

1. LSU (60) 12-2 1,620
2. Georgia (3) 11-2 1,515
3. USC (1) 11-2 1,500
4. Missouri 12-2 1,347
5. Ohio State 11-2 1,346
6. West Virginia 11-2 1,342
7. Kansas (1) 12-1 1,303
8. Oklahoma 11-3 1,139
9. Virginia Tech 11-3 1,096
10. Texas 10-3 962
10. Boston College 11-3 962
12. Tennessee 10-4 904
13. Florida 9-4 685
14. Brigham Young 11-2 654
15. Auburn 9-4 648
16. Arizona State 10-3 587
17. Cincinnati 10-3 566
18. Michigan 9-4 508
19. Hawaii 12-1 460
20. Illinois 9-4 443
21. Clemson 9-4 353
22. Texas Tech 9-4 308
23. Oregon 9-4 253
24. Wisconsin 9-4 202
25. Oregon State 9-4 110

looks pretty solid for the BCS.

jesus man...i can think of at LEAST 5 other teams that should've squared off against LSU. rock on SEC.. :)

For those that didn't read the fine print, it was supposed to be a down year for OSU with only 3 seniors and minimal expected losses to the NFL from a large junior class - next year is *their year*. Considering they have the same type of schedule again next year, but with more experience, I wouldn't be surprised to see them sitting in the NC a third year in a row - possibly even against USC considering that the loser of that early game could run their table and be poised for a rematch.

Kudos to the Bayou Bengals, and nice try for the Buckeyes.

I've still got up my UF stuff from winning last year, and I've now hung up an LSU shirt my sister gave me (she's an alum) on the wall of my office as well. The guys at work aren't exactly loving me, good thing I'm their boss. Perhaps my favorite part is how one of them TiVo'd both last season and this season in HiDef...I've asked if we can have a back-to-back replay party sometime...no response.

Last edited:
I'm surprised you haven't been seriously threatened at the office TLB. thankfully you are their boss... it's just that growing up in Columbus I know how Buckeye fans can be really rabid and violent. it seemed like when I was a kid there was a riot every other game - and seeing that stuff growing up it really sets a precedent for ridiculous drunken behavior on part of fans my age. but you don't live in Columbus, if I remember correctly, you are out in the country. so that's good, just keep your guard up ;)

I am still hungover from the game. LSU has always been my second favorite team and I give them tons of respect, it was just frustrating to see how we could have won. our defense is over-rated, but they had a good bend but not break mentality BESIDES the horrendous 2nd quarter. Todd Boeckman could have played better, but in actuality, I will say what I have been saying all year. Todd Boeckman is not a great quarterback... he is barely a good quarterback. oh well, OSU notoriously wins National Championship games on mediocre QB play and solid running back play.

speaking of running backs... Beanie Wells was solid and could have run over the Tigers all night if only OSU could have kept the lead up. LSU forced us in passing situations so Beanie got half as many carries as he is used to - luckily he got just as many yards. Beanie Wells is going to be a serious contender for Heisman next year, watch and wait.

this game was frustrating because it wasn't like last year where OSU obviously got out-played. there were times when the Bucks should have stolen the momentum but instead the rug got swept from under their feet. the blocked field goal started it in the second quarter, the roughing the kicker penalty dotted the i of the exclamation point, where the personal fouls were (unusually, for this team) seasoned into the pot for extra Buckeye bitterness.

oh well, what's a Buckeye fan to do? there are only three seniors on this team, two offensive lineman and a cornerback, I believe.

Todd Boeckman will get better, Beanie Wells will get better (which is a scary thought), and if James Lauranitis doesn't go to the draft than I say the Buckeyes will be right back in the NC game next year...

... and they say third time's a charm, right?