• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[NBOMe Subthread] Complexing & Surfactants

I'll go for the safe medium, say 1:5. Dont want to over do it if 1:2 is an acceptable ratio. Thank you mate :)

Without any cyclodextrin is the difference in potency changed drastically or only slightly?

We have a thread for this, let me merge these so that sekio's practical information is preserved.

Your post says u sonicate to mix 1 to 2 ratio ? I
Thats theproper way to apply?

I have a ultrsonic jewlrey cleanig divice would that work

Last edited by a moderator:
When they are in solution yeah, otherwise ultrasonic vibrations won't help with anything. I am not sure how important sonication is, many are probably skipping that. I guess it depends on the compound, some compounds might readily complex with the HPBCD and others need the vibes to get 'shoved in'. With other surfactants that are not molecular traps I think it is less relevant anyway.

Actually I would go for a ratio of at least 3:1 of HPBCD : 25I, rather than what sekio said, since it has a molecular weight of about 3 times that of 25I so otherwise it would not even be stoichiometric. (The number of molecules would not even cover it).

Going for an excess (more / much more than the 3 parts HPBCD) though will seriously limit how much could fit in blotters because it all depends on the absorbency, and going over the saturation could cause crystallization on the blotter... that could be uneven which is potentially very dangerous.

Last edited:
The word 'sonicate' can be a bit off-putting. Shaking will do the job fine but will take a long time. I used to use my ex-girlfriends vibrator. It was one of those hitachi magic wands and it shook the fuck out of it! Many people use a sonic toothbrush hence 'sonicate'.

As for ratios, you want at least one HPβCD molecule for each NBOMe molecule. One mole of HPβCD weighs ~1400-1550 grams so if you look at the molecular masses of the NBOMe's, you can calculate the ratios. Here is a list based on the HPβCD possessing a molecular mass of 1500g/mol:

25D-NBOMe:HPβCD - 1:4.76
25E-NBOMe:HPβCD - 1:4.55
25T4-NBOMe:HPβCD - 1:3.99
25G-NBOMe:HβBCD - 1:4.55
Mescaline-NBOMe:HPβCD - 1:4.53
25H-NBOMe:HPβCD - 1:4.98
25TFM-NBOMe:HPβCD - 1:4.06
25N-NBOMe:HPβCD - 1:4.33
AL-NBOMe:HPβCD - 1:4.20
25C-NBOMe:HPβCD - 1:4.47
25B-NBOMe:HPβCD - 1:3.94
25I-NBOMe:HPβCD - 1:3.51
2CBCB-NBOMe:HPβCD - 1:3.82
2CBFly-NBOMe:HPβCD - 1:3.71
25I-NBMD:HPβCD - 1:3.40
25I-NBOH:HPβCD - 1:3.63
25I-NBF:HPβCD - 1:3.61

Last edited:
d uneed to shake it to distribute i have a ultrasonic jewlrey cleaning divice can i use that instead of adilldo??

Sorry for last post thsnl u for imfo guys

Last edited by a moderator:
Anything which jiggles the molecules around. You don't need to use a dildo, I just had one to hand.