• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Nausea from kratom ingestion

plumbus-nine

Bluelighter
Initially I was brewing tea but with higher amounts I had to switch to toss n wash. Now after some time I get strong nausea from tge powder. Any ideas on how to better ingest or mask the nausea (almost urge to vomit)?

Initially I was brewing tea but with higher amounts I had to switch to toss n wash. Now after some time I get strong nausea from tge powder. Any ideas on how to better ingest or mask the nausea (almost urge to vomit)?
The only remedy I know is to take less. I can take up to 8 grams at a time......any more than that and I get nausea and horrible indigestion. Everyone is different but kratom is notorious for nausea. See if it's still as bad if you go lower on grams.

7g was my max dose, no nausea resulting from that. But I generally ask myself how people could ingest something along the line of 130 (!) grams of Kratom powder in a day. Heard of this here on bl or was it Reddit?

The only remedy I know is to take less. I can take up to 8 grams at a time......any more than that and I get nausea and horrible indigestion. Everyone is different but kratom is notorious for nausea. See if it's still as bad if you go lower on grams.
I get nausea from the powder itself sticking to my throat, not as a side effect from the alkaloids. But 130g, holy cow thats a dosage! I was taking maybe 20-25, now forcedly down to 7..

7g was my max dose, no nausea resulting from that. But I generally ask myself how people could ingest something along the line of 130 (!) grams of Kratom powder in a day. Heard of this here on bl or was it Reddit?
I remember reading a thread about somebody that took that much and was wondering why they were having WD's. Hmmm...I wonder.

Yeah....4 or 5 grams is my dose now a few times a day ....sometimes a little more , sometimes less. No more than 25 mgs a day for the last 2 years though.

I get nausea from the powder itself sticking to my throat, not as a side effect from the alkaloids. But 130g, holy cow thats a dosage! I was taking maybe 20-25, now forcedly down to 7..
Oh I see. Yeah.......I can't do T and W. I have tried. Many times. I have to take the capsules.

The powder sticks in my mouth, teeth, gums and throat and I just can't wash it down no matter how much I drink.

I usually wrap it up in some quarter of a toilet paper and gulp it down with water, rarely one opens while swallowing. Tried it in some yoghurt once but the taste wasn’t that great.

Dont know if bombing works for 15+g of substance, I barely feel even that, with less I could stop completely. Its always been that way, not acquired tolerance. Guess my best bet is finding a working extraction tek and/or making capsules.

Just noticed that breathing matters a lot with TnW, its important to take a deep breath before, having some water in the mouth, then slowly breathe out while placing the powder and take a deep sip of more water together with swallowing. Most relevant ia not getting any powder into the airways but when sone properly I get little coughing and nausea. Still, its not a good technique.

You'll be okay. The first time I took kratom and discovered its existence the stomach ache I received was unbearable for a few hours. Kind of makes me wonder why I did anymore after that one day and became dependent on it in small amounts each day.

As most will say, you'll develop tolerance to the nausea to degrees for sure... but I don't think its worth that unless you have chronic pain or are seriously trying to kick harder things and switch to something softer.

Thanks but as I write above, the nausea I get is a direct effect of the powder and its taste and consistency together with ROA, not an usual side effect. I never got the slightest hint if nausea from any opioid nor vomited on withdrawal but it doesnt help me now that I decided against stronger opioids (morphine, methadone) because of other side effects, mainly weird, lucid nightmares every single night and wrecked body shape due to testosterone suppression. Im truly jealous of people who dont get these two. In rehab all the people were slim also these on methadone who didnt have the stress of scoring dope twice a day.

Btw, ondansetron will be a good anti emetic for those who get it, as is memantine (5ht3 antagonists if I remember correctly)