• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

National Geographic - Drugs Inc Houston

I don't think they ever covered PCP in any episodes did they? I'd like to see one done.

Yes they have, in the episode about Philadelphia that you can find on youtube. But there's tons of dust or PCP in and around Philadelphia. I never used it but I know a lot of people who have and it's been there since the 70s.

I've lived in Houston my whole life. The X is all bunk. Fucking Houston is a black hole. Anyone who lives there can tell you that.

I lived in Houston for 4 years in the early 80's. It is a whole. But I can say from 1983-1986 all the MDMA was certified and genuine coming from clubs. Genuine 120 mgs pills. Oh those red speckled ones!! I had a guy that went to San Marcos University come into our store every month with a jar of beautiful MDMA pills. He also had MDE. One called Adam, one called Eve. It was a good two years of real MDMA and legal at that point. I can say though I have not really even seen MDMA but once or twice since then. It was real but probably only 50 mgs pills. And i wouldn't touch a powder if you gave it to me, unless I really knew who it was from, and these days I know no one.

Yes there are...

There is the Southside (Real houston rap.) Then, there is the Northside. (The heavily commercialized garbage.)

Examples of good houston rap: Pre 2007 Screwed up Click

Examples of garbage houston rap: Any record from Swishahouse....

Dude are you serious? Early swishahouse freestyles are some of the best I've ever heard.

You are right though they went downhill and watts does not even compare to screw. Screw imo made rap psychedelic and even mixed some reggae that sounded awesome. You have people now that chop up some rock songs and a lot of them sound really good.

Michael watts might have stolen screw's style but at least he keeps it alive every sunday night on 97.9...love listening to it on the way home from work although some of the new songs he mixes don't fit the style well.

Last edited:
I feel like Drugs Inc. should have gone to San Antonio or, especially, Dallas...Houston is the largest city in Texas and everything, but with S.A. and D-town I would just think that they would both have somewhat crazier drug cultures...although Houston is idiosyncratic in that the local rap scene idolizes purple drank, different prescription cold medications, etc. Honestly, though, Texas as a whole would likely end up being all pretty similar...it's just that some places are bigger than others with slightly different climates...peace.

I feel like Drugs Inc. should have gone to San Antonio or, especially, Dallas...Houston is the largest city in Texas and everything, but with S.A. and D-town I would just think that they would both have somewhat crazier drug cultures...although Houston is idiosyncratic in that the local rap scene idolizes purple drank, different prescription cold medications, etc. Honestly, though, Texas as a whole would likely end up being all pretty similar...it's just that some places are bigger than others with slightly different climates...peace.
Trust me the border area is crazy with drugs.. like wtf. kilos of coke and lbs and lbs of weed is fairly common site to see lol. lots of cartel distribution going on. El Paso to Brownsville... shit.

Trust me the border area is crazy with drugs.. like wtf. kilos of coke and lbs and lbs of weed is fairly common site to see lol. lots of cartel distribution going on. El Paso to Brownsville... shit.

Yeah man it might as well be mexico down there, pretty much the front lines.