• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Napp ER 60mg morphine tablets

kaosisallwesee

Bluelighter
Does anyone know what ER mechanism is used for these pills? Will crushing be sufficient to break it down? Or should I also dissolve the crushed pill?

I believe I used to suck the coating off as if it were an Oxy, then I'd chew them and swallow.

Never tried dissolving the pill so can't tell you whether that's any better.

I've always just crushed ER pills with my teeth until the beads/pill coating turns into goo. I'll chew for two minutes then swallow with water :LOL:

It disables most pill's ER defense mechanism at last 70-80%. But if you've got no other option... just careful not to OD by chewing all of them at once lol.

People despise the new OP (purdue oxy pills) because they are gooey and snort-proof. I love them after some chewing. Works for extended release adderall, too.

NAPP pharmaceuticals makers of MST Continus utilizes the Contin matrix drug delivery system. In matrix-type modified-release drug delivery systems, the active ingredient and retarding ingredients are uniformly distributed throughout the dosage form. The retardants control the rate of release of the active ingredient (morphine, in the case of MST Continus) from the tablet matrix.

The Contin drug delivery system depends on two different types of retardants to control the rate of drug release. The relative proportions of these retardants assure the measured release of the active ingredient. The Contin system employs one water-insoluble and one water-soluble polymer. The retarding ingredients consist of highly polar cellulose and long-chain aliphatic alcohols.

MST Continus tablets contain morphine sulfate in a dual-control polymer matrix (Contin) that consists of a hydrophilic polymer (hydroxypropyl methylcellulose) and a hydrophobic polymer (hydroxyethyl cellulose). To prepare these systems, the drug is blended with the hydrophilic polymer, selectively hydrated with a polar solvent, and fixed with a higher aliphatic alcohol. The partition coefficients of the active ingredient with the hydrophilic and hydrophobic components of the formulation control the release of drug from the tablet. The hydrophobic content is used to slow the diffusion of drug into the aqueous phase, which limits diffusion into the GI tract and absorption into the body.

The composition of the tablet matrix is such that intact passage throughout the intestinal tract is not expected. Dissolution studies have shown that “ghost tablets” can exist and patients should be advised that they may pass empty matrices via colostomy or in the stool.
Exactly what i was after, thank you.
Would crushing the pill and mixing with water then expose all of the api at once, thus producing a mixture of insoluble polymer matrix and aq morphine solution? Or would the partition coefficient still cause slow dissolution from even fine particulate (powdered pill)? Although, I cant imagine increasing the surface area that massively would have zero effect of dissolution.

That might work, but it seems rather labor intensive. What’s your end game here? If you are looking to get the best bang for your buck, dissolve them in water and some lemon juice over night and plug it. I use to plug my pills when I was on them, It has a much better BA than oral and it bypasses first pass metabolism and the effects a felt with a couple of minutes.
Thats the end game, a particulate free morphine sulphate solution I can plug. Not that I think it will do any harm to plug the polymers used, the amount is so tiny. I'd just rather know for sure that id got it all out and into solution. Had my first trial plugging them earlier and seemed to work well, even with particulate in the syringe. Crushed to as fine a powder as possible, then in 5ml warm water mixed and mashed for a good 15 mins until all the particulate was a fine powder Was able to pretty much half my dosage from a full 60mg crushed and taken orally to around half give or take 5mg. Thanks everyone for the info 😊