• Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Naloxone Now OTC In Canada

thujone

Bluelight Crew
Opiate-blocker Naloxone no longer requires a prescription, Health Canada says

Effective immediately, the overdose-reversing drug naloxone is available without a prescription in Canada.

Health groups and advocates across the country have been clamouring for naloxone to be widely available in order to prevent deaths, following a flood of fatalities linked to street drugs containing the powerful opiate fentanyl.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/naloxone-canada-no-prescription-1.3503316

now that's a lifesaver

This is a giant leap away from the idea that "Addicts deserve to die", towards "everyone is redeemable, and deserves life."

Kudos Canada. You are now my hero nation once again....screw you Luxembourg.

That's good, now they just gotta make buprenorphine available too...

That's good, now they just gotta make buprenorphine available too...

Is anyone pushing for that? I'm not even sure that's a good idea, seems like something you could overdose so easily on should stay Rx. It is available by prescription in Canada, right?

Is anyone pushing for that? I'm not even sure that's a good idea, seems like something you could overdose so easily on should stay Rx. It is available by prescription in Canada, right?

You can overdose on table salt if you decide to binge on 150g. It's been seen in the past, some people are compulsive salt eaters. Besides, Canada already has codeine OTC so they wouldn't be graduating to buprenorphine in any shape or form.

It treats opioid addiction. It does not produce euphoria, so it's "capitalism safe" the user can overwork himself for a shit wage and be a model to his society.

That's just straight up bullshit bro. I took an 8mg Suboxone (orally) when I was (I thought) tolerant enough. I nodded for 48+ hours and definitely got close to OD range.

The salt thing is a fallacy and doesn't answer my questions.

Try harder.

That's just straight up bullshit bro. I took an 8mg Suboxone (orally) when I was (I thought) tolerant enough. I nodded for 48+ hours and definitely got close to OD range.

The salt thing is a fallacy and doesn't answer my questions.

Try harder.

Fallacies are true until proven otherwise, sophism is an insult not an argument. You can overdose on codeine as well and codeine produces more pleasure :)

Like, you can compare the pleasure of being right, like I am, to codeine and the pain of being wrong to naloxone.

Kiss Kiss :)