• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Mystery Drug - What was I on!?????

jaystyle

Bluelighter
Hey all,

I am really curious to know what drug I had IVd into me when I had my wisdom teeth taken out a couple years ago. Maybe someone knows about it and can help me out, for curiosities sake. At the time, I didn't think about asking or caring what it was, but now I'd like to know.

Officially, I was going to be "sedated" & "anesthesized" during the procedure, but not officially knocked out cold like I would if I had general anesthesia.

I had a colonscopy once and that was a combo of valium and demerol--- the wisdom teeth experience was much different.

The doctor told me to count down from 5, and when this stuff hit me--- it was like I was awake and could see but severely disoriented and sedated/tranqulized to the max. Time flew so quick that when I was done, I asked him "When are you gonna take my teeth out?". It was practically like being knocked out, but I was awake and could see. It wasn't a benzo or opiate-- i am familiar with those.

One thing I suspect was maybe propofol, after reading about it. Does anyone know what kind of drugs they typically use for that type of sedation?

Last edited:
im pritty sure it would be GHB my dad had to have a camare shuved up his a hole to see if he had cancer cells n the doctors gave him GHB

could be ket... propofol would have COMPLETELY knocked u out

From the sounds of things, i am willing to bet my left testicle it's Lorazepam, or something very similar. Without boring you with the chemistry of it all, Lorazepam is a benzodiazepine drug, which is a muscle relaxant and a sedative, as well as an amnesic. Basically, it switches off your short term memory, so you can't remember anything after 10 seconds, whilst at the same time, keeping you completely relaxed. This is administered with an anaesthetic to numb the pain. It's basically the next best thing to giving you a general anaesthetic, which carries bad side effects, which i'm guessing, you already have expierienced. Before you ask, no, you can't get a perscription from your doctor for it, it's very strictly regulated, and almost nearly impossible to get off the streets. Hope this helped.

Sources:
I'm a third year Pharmacy student ;P

From the sounds of things, i am willing to bet my left testicle it's Lorazepam, or something very similar. Without boring you with the chemistry of it all, Lorazepam is a benzodiazepine drug, which is a muscle relaxant and a sedative, as well as an amnesic. Basically, it switches off your short term memory, so you can't remember anything after 10 seconds, whilst at the same time, keeping you completely relaxed. This is administered with an anaesthetic to numb the pain. It's basically the next best thing to giving you a general anaesthetic, which carries bad side effects, which i'm guessing, you already have expierienced. Before you ask, no, you can't get a perscription from your doctor for it, it's very strictly regulated, and almost nearly impossible to get off the streets. Hope this helped.

Sources:

Damn dude did you read his post? He knows it wasnt a benzo. And that would have had to have been a fuuck load of lorazepam to get those effects.

I am guessing ketamine. Sounds pretty familiar to some of the things that I have experienced

jaystyle said:
It was practically like being knocked out, but I was awake and could see. It wasn't a benzo or opiate-- i am familiar with those.
My very similar experience with my wisdom teeth extraction-it was a benzo. It was IV midazolam. Midazolam is the only marketed water soluble benzo and its onset is very quick. Is part of your thinking it wasn't a beno that it came on way quicker than diazepam, lorazapam, etc. Versed/midazolam has a different feel ime.

When I got my wisdom teeth removed my denstist did the same thing...count down to 5 and...and gone. It was a combination of Versed (Midazolam) and a mystery opioid, I believe Fentanyl.

Sources:
You're a third year pharamacy student and you don't know lorazepam is ativan? You can certainly get a script for it, hell I would guess after xanax, valium, and klonopin it's the most common benzo there is.

When I got my wisdom teeth removed, I asked what they were giving me for full anaesthesia and I was told ketamine, fentanyl and midazolam. I hear that this cocktail is relatively common for this procedure.

Unfortunately the only effect I experienced was vomiting all over myself when I woke up. Definitely should have just gone with nitrous oxide for partial anaesthesia instead. Ah, hindsight... ;)

Sounds like Ketamine, which is great stuff, wished I could get my Pain Mgnt. to write it!!

my guess is ketamine. didn't know dentists had the stuff though(maybe i should become a dentist lol).

yea I am experienced with benzos and I doubt it was a benzo--- like i said before, I had teh benzo opiate cocktail for my colonoscopy (valium & demerol) and this was a whole nother animal.

they called it "conscious sedation" right? Prob GHB or Ket... IMO

Sources:

lol I have been prescribed lorazepam numerous times, and it is no more strictly regulated than any other benzo.