• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Education my school blog: help me get good grades + listen to me bitch

Good luck tomorrow....or is it Tuesday ? We will all be waiting with baited breath for you to tell us how it went. I'm pretty sure it's going to go well. Everyone will be a little nervous so you won't be alone in that regard. Once you have talked for a minute or two you'll relax some.

Did you have any trouble filling the 10 minutes ? How do you think it sounded when you spoke out loud?

Good luck tomorrow....or is it Tuesday ? We will all be waiting with baited breath for you to tell us how it went. I'm pretty sure it's going to go well. Everyone will be a little nervous so you won't be alone in that regard. Once you have talked for a minute or two you'll relax some.

Did you have any trouble filling the 10 minutes ? How do you think it sounded when you spoke out loud?
Thanks!

I have the option to go either Monday Wednesday or Friday, with less maximum pts available the longer I wait.

Tbh I found myself getting sidetracked this weekend and haven't practiced yet. I'm thinking of either doing it tonight or just winging it. Pretty positive I have enough stuff for ten mins and did all my notes.

But I'll let you guys know how it goes!

Bluelight and its mission of Harm Reduction, Education, and Recovery Education aligned with your Career path coming in with “lived” experience is overall a positive spin on a stigmatized topic. Good luck on the assignment.

Don’t wing it. Your professor will notice.
Yeah. I'm gonna practice tonight. I just don't know how much more *stuff* I can pull out my ass if it ends up being a little too short. I've got a lot of stuff so far

Went ahead and practiced out my speech. Came out to EXACTLY ten mins! Perfect. Just gotta go slow and steady.

@deficiT if you don't go tomorrow I won't even, like, KNOW you, man... You'll be so foreign to me it will be like we never met, even, maybe. Or I don't actually give a shit. Who knows?

shameless self promotion, if you're reading this go like our social media pages

I'm actually at school RN guys on my laptop. Gonna try and go first. Wish me luck and Godspeed. cross yo fingas

So I was able to go today.

It went sooooooo much smoother than I expected, and luckily I did way better live than I did in practice.

I'm really hopeful about my prospects for a grade, pretty sure it was the exact amount of time needed.

I'll let you guys know when I get my grade back! My classmate said I sounded comfortable and did really well

Awesome man! Congrats! Sounds like it went well. See, the hardest part is leading up to it, once you're in the middle of doing it, it's not so bad. :)

Got an 87% on my mid term presentation for comms101

Very excited about this! Especially considering it will likely make up most of my grade. And now I think I will have the confidence to get up there and do it again for ten minutes during the final. We get to choose whatever topic we'd like for the final.

We are doing a unit on mythology in English class, which will conclude with a research paper.

I think that's gonna be my next bear to deal with.

Well I fucked up Wednesday. It was my day off work, and I completely blanked and forgot to go to Communications class. Hopefully nothing happened. Luckily he allowed us to do make up essays for any stand and delivers we missed through the earlier part of the semester, so I imagine if I missed something, I will be able to make it up.

English on the other hand is starting to pick up, I've already done my practice Thesis statement. I have a hard time with this class because it's on zoom in the mornings, and I have a hard time staying awake for it. We'll see where it goes and what I have to do.

So I got some pretty bad news from my communications professor this AM.

Apparently he has some disagreement with school policy, he was kinda cryptic about it, but I'm guessing it has something to do with a mask policy or something, maybe they're about to allow people to not wear masks? I'm not sure.

But ultimately what's going to happen is

1) we're going to continue with a new instructor

2) our money will be refunded by the college

3) we will continue completely on virtual

It depends on the colleges decision and I should find out probably over the weekend through email.

I am really hoping option 2 doesn't happen. I really will be upset if all the work I did on that mid term gets tossed out the window and I'll have to take the course again. I respect my professors decision if there's something going on he disagrees with, but ultimately I'm really bummed about this.

So I got some pretty bad news from my communications professor this AM.

Apparently he has some disagreement with school policy, he was kinda cryptic about it, but I'm guessing it has something to do with a mask policy or something, maybe they're about to allow people to not wear masks? I'm not sure.

But ultimately what's going to happen is

1) we're going to continue with a new instructor

2) our money will be refunded by the college

3) we will continue completely on virtual

It depends on the colleges decision and I should find out probably over the weekend through email.

I am really hoping option 2 doesn't happen. I really will be upset if all the work I did on that mid term gets tossed out the window and I'll have to take the course again. I respect my professors decision if there's something going on he disagrees with, but ultimately I'm really bummed about this.
Ah man. I'm so sorry to hear about that. I only just saw your post above with the 87% and got all exited for you but then scrolled down to see this. Sorry my man. Holding thumbs for you that option 2 isn't an option and doesn't happen. We all know how much of a shit you gave about this.

And not to butt in here or go too far with this: but your professor should be more concerned about you and how whatever beef he may have will affect his students and not the other way around. Not that this statement of mine will change anything unfortunately. But just giving an opinion. But admittedly don't know how colleges and schools work over there (although I do see some alarming news re: these school boards etc. from time to time).